Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] How well do you actually know The Theory of Evolution?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Evolution states that each animal evolved from some other kind of animal. Man evolved from apes, birds evolved from dinosaurs, mammals evolved from fish, etc, etc, etc.

Not quite, but closer than usual.

The phrase “after his kind” proves evolution wrong.

No, you're just assuming that He did it the way you want Him to have done it. Since we know He used nature to make living things, each according to its kind, it's no great stretch to accept that evolution is the way it happened.

http://biblia.com/bible/kjv1900/Genesis 1
God did not use the process of evolution to create His creatures. He spoke by the word of His mouth and a whale was created. He spoke by the word of His mouth and a monkey was created. He spoke and the crow was created.

That is your modification of scripture to make it more acceptable to you. Scripture says none of that. Even most creationists now admit the evolution of new species, genera, and families. If they retreat just a little farther, they'll have no differences at all with God on creation.

No modification of scriptures here..

Psalm 33:6 By the word of the LORD were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth.

7 He gathereth the waters of the sea together as an heap: he layeth up the depth in storehouses.

8 Let all the earth fear the LORD: let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him.

9 For he spake, and it was done; he commanded, and it stood fast.

Then man came along and did this to Jesus..

Romans 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

tob

So you're depending on your wisdom, instead of God's word.

He says that he created all living things through nature. Why not just let Him do it His way?

My wisdom?

Psalm 33:6 By the word of the LORD were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth.

7 He gathereth the waters of the sea together as an heap: he layeth up the depth in storehouses.

8 Let all the earth fear the LORD: let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him.

9 For he spake, and it was done; he commanded, and it stood fast.

I'm doing it his way what are you doing?

tob

*edit: Jesus never said he created things through nature..

This thread is for creationists to propose their summation of the Theory of Evolution, and these responses will be open to correction and clarification.

I believe in Jesus.
He created everything.
I don't need to know anything else about it.
Unless you can show me it's a salvation issue.

Fortunately, there are people who have in interest in the details. If there weren't, we wouldn't be putting messages up here.

If there was any real interest, this thread wouldn't have been dead for the last year.
I brought it back to life to keep your mind occupied.

Back