Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study 'I give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven'

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Here's a reward for anybody who worked through the above post and is still here, thirsty for more: Take it even if you did a /tldr to the above.

Who is watching? Right? It's okay. If this is sin, and if I were to see it? Well, I'd ask God and He'd give life... that's also what he said. WE become active parts of his body by following His Word, the Logos, our Jesus. That's the only worthy example that I may cite.

OpenBibleTopics==Written in our hearts <<--- Click here
(The law is written on our hearts)

Let me compose a reply by asking another question, "What are we supposed to do if and when we see our brother sinning?"
Open_Bible Topics == Correcting a Brother << -- Click to open
You'll know within 10 seconds if you like this... Scripture is summarized and presented in 'snippet' overview.

From the above selection, (if you clicked) there may be selected 2 (or more) responses. Perhaps the central thought regarding our actions, if we were to catch our brother or brethren in trespass, would be to recall and adhere to the following two admonitions and teachings:

Galatians 6:1 (ESV) cf. Galatians 6:1 (NIV)
Brothers, if anyone is caught in any transgression, you who are spiritual should restore him in a spirit of gentleness. Keep watch on yourself, lest you too be tempted.

Matthew 18:15-17 (ESV) cf. Matthew 18:15-17 (NIV)
“If your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault, between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother. But if he does not listen, take one or two others along with you, that every charge may be established by the evidence of two or three witnesses. If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church. And if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector.

<Warning: This type of wording signifies a 'change of voice'.
Let me introduce, 'The Voice of the Flesh':

I'm lost. I've got all these voices in my head. So says the Voice of the Lost. It continues, "Tell me the story I need to hear. Tell me about the Son who is about to rise again." Our voice may have been listening to a Christian singer and may be able to emulate for a short time, the voice of Andrew Peterson, as he ministers to the Body of Christ at large...

But then? We depart from this 'voice' for the moment and return back to a life that is much more real although much less ideal. You know, I'm talking about just regular old day-to-day life. The life where if we have not personally transgressed in the following fashion, certainly it is familiar, if not deemed common place and the ordinary way of this. Yeah, it's just the way things go and it sounds more like a grumbling than a good:

What if your bro sins? What to do?

We could invert the facts. This is sometimes called 'turning the tables' and it may involve blabbing to all their friends about the behavior. If our brother oversteps and offends us? We are gonna throw rocks to get him back to the boundary area where he belongs.

Brother_Offender: "Yes, I know that I'm over-stepping and that my foot has been caught on your side of the fence but let's just concentrate on what you just did, for a second, shall weeee??"

Brother_Offended: "Really?
Brother_Offended:<to self> "That really hurt. I guess he didn't set out to do that but I'm more than annoyed at that [INSERT NAME CALLING HERE]...

No, what are we to actually do if we see our brother sin? You already know. The answer provided by Jesus, the Teacher/Rabbi, was found in the Gospel of Matthew

Matthew 18:15-17 ESV
“If your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault, between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother. But if he does not listen, take one or two others along with you, that every charge may be established by the evidence of two or three witnesses. If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church. And if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector.

We are to ask the Holy Spirit to intercede for us with confidence. I've heard this process described in another, perhaps more relocatable, manner, "we are to run to the throne of Mercy as children who leap up onto the lap of their loving father." It almost sounds like we are to expect to be treated as members of His family. Indeed.

Galatians 6:1 ESV
Brothers, if anyone is caught in any transgression, you who are spiritual should restore him in a spirit of gentleness. Keep watch on yourself, lest you too be tempted.

You see? I've tried to make it so simple that even a fool would be able to understand. Here it is again. Chewed up and digested for ya. We are not supposed to cast stones when we catch our brothers sinning. That was the purpose of the old law. The foundation rock, sure, in a manner of speaking, but that was then. The law was given as a guardian designed to be set aside after it had served its purpose. The law, which has prompted the death by stoning of others has been changed. Now, I agree and quote Paul when I say that the "setting aside of the law does not and should not be used as permission or license to sin or to continue to sin, to willfully trespass or overstep and offend against God. Heaven forbid. But rather, it is used to lead us to Jesus, and thereby lead us to His willingness to forgive as seen by the shed blood of the Lamb of God.

Our voices are properly joined to a song that was begun ages ago. We are hearing the starting notes of a song entitled, "The Song of Moses and the Song of the Lamb." Behold the Lamb of God who taketh away our sin.

We are to put down our rocks and no longer use them to stone each other. This is the gospel, the Good News. Our stones become little rocks, pebbles used to build each other up on our Most Holy Faith. The Son of God is here. We have invited Him through His word. It has been transplanted into our hearts and is able to change us inwardly. We are to diligently consider each other as we chase after our shepherd, our newly created hearts in hand.

~amen and amen.

John 8:1 Jesus went unto the mount of Olives. 2 And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them. 3 And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst, 4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act. 5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou? 6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not. 7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

Link to KingJamesBibleOnline John 8 (for those who love the KJV, this is a beautiful online rendition)

John: 8:9 And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.

Yes, exactly! Thank you.

One moment, I'll fetch something if I am able.

John 8:1 Jesus went unto the mount of Olives.
He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

Now we chew a bit of meat for breakfast. It's a breakfast steak, if you will-- something to take with you and mulinate on as you ruminate on the word of Truth.

Hebrews 7:12
For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

see also: KingJamesBibleOnline -- Hebrews 7
Change to Priesthood? == (necessitates) a change to LAW.
And we have come full circle back to the

Instead of tossing stones one at another, we gentle our pitch and accept the change. There was a change to the priesthood, there must be a change to the law. Now we may build each other up and edify. Now T
HAT's a word study for ya. Who else is reminded of an interaction between Peter and Jesus about a cutting of an ear. Jesus was gentle in his reproof. There were no stones tosed then either. HE is our interpretation of The Father, now visible to mankind.

We are to become living stones. There is a way and we are to put our foot on THAT path and follow after HIM. That is the way, he says, pointing to The Christ.

Me? I am too obviously insufficient to follow to heaven. Heck-wing! I'm a bird, don't 'cha know? Only He is worthy, Hallelujah!

Last edited:
Some here already know that we are starting to speak about how we may see that because Melchizedek is superior to Levi ...

There is too much to unpack. But that's the Lord for ya. We are drawn toward a personal relationship with The Teacher. Yes, part of that includes the sharing of our bread with each other. It may include sharing of our Little Rocks for the building up of each other for have you heard? Don't you know? We are living stones...

It's God's Plan. As declared from the beginning. The Truth is to be declared. We may check it and prove what is being taught to be true quite easily. Does it line up with what was declared by the Prophets of old? Does it fit with what was declared by Jesus and the Sent-ones? We have references ready for our use in the GOOD News (the God-News) gospels and the Letters (Epistles) sent to the churches. And finally coming full circle, our spirits agree as witness.

It's important to continue pulling together. One of many built-in safety checks. Would you agree?

What does a stonemason do?

One thing is they pause every once in awhile and take a break... but there's more:
Here's a link from Career Explorer for their simple yet informative answer:

see above article (blog?) for the question,
Are you suited to be a stonemason?

Link to KingJamesBibleOnline John 8 (for those who love the KJV, this is a beautiful online rendition)

John: 8:9 And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.

Yes, exactly! Thank you.

One moment, I'll fetch something if I am able.

Now we chew a bit of meat for breakfast. It's a breakfast steak, if you will-- something to take with you and mulinate on as you ruminate on the word of Truth.

For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

see also: KingJamesBibleOnline -- Hebrews 7
Change to Priesthood? == (necessitates) a change to LAW.
And we have come full circle back to the

Instead of tossing stones one at another, we gentle our pitch and accept the change. There was a change to the priesthood, there must be a change to the law. Now we may build each other up and edify. Now T
HAT's a word study for ya. Who else is reminded of an interaction between Peter and Jesus about a cutting of an ear. Jesus was gentle in his reproof. There were no stones tosed then either. HE is our interpretation of The Father, now visible to mankind.

We are to become living stones. There is a way and we are to put our foot on THAT path and follow after HIM. That is the way, he says, pointing to The Christ.

Me? I am too obviously insufficient to follow to heaven. Heck-wing! I'm a bird, don't 'cha know? Only He is worthy, Hallelujah!

There had to be a changed in the priesthood as the Aaronic priesthood was imperfect. If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron? Hebrews 7:11.

Hebrews 7:11-28 is speaking about Christ Jesus as being our High Priest after the order of Melchisedec. There are laws (commandments) of God that were especially written just for the Hebrews pertaining to the rituals of the Temple, sacrifices, festivals, Torah, Kohanim and Levites, the King and the Nazarite. These are the laws that are now done away with as Jesus has already fulfilled them in His birth, death and resurrection.

Matthew 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Then there are the existing moral laws (commandments) for all of us to still follow as in prayers and blessings, love and brotherhood. The poor and unfortunate, treatment of the Gentiles, Marriage, divorce and family. Forbidden sexual relations, business practices, employees and servants. Vows, oaths, swearing, Court and Judicial procedures. Injuries and damages, property and property rights, criminal laws. Prophecy, idolatry and all its practices as the moral laws (commandments) keep us in line with the will of God.

Within keeping the moral laws is part of the keys to the kingdom of God until we are with Him for all eternity. The keys are His power and authority given to us by His grace while we are here on earth.

If she is a wall? We shall build upon her silver...
If she is a door? We shall encompass/enclose her with cedar...

Walls like you and doors like me both serve the King of kings.

This pic of the Red Shoulder Hawk was taken today
Photo by Artist,Guenter Webber

RedShoulderHawk_diving-Photo-by-Guenter-Webber-today..jpg

Last edited:
If she is a wall? We shall build upon her silver...
If she is a door? We shall encompass/enclose her with cedar...

Walls like you and doors like me both serve the King of kings.

This pic of the Red Shoulder Hawk was taken today
Photo by Artist,Guenter Webber

View attachment 9390

Song of Solomon 8:5-10 is all about God's mercy on Israel during their journey as walking in contempt towards Him playing the part of a harlot within their whoredom and idols in which God punishes them. Their homecoming back to God was brought about by God shaming them remembering the covenant He made with them in their youth and established an everlasting covenant with them. Ezekiel Chapter 16

Here in those verses we see God establishing with Israel the keys of the kingdom of heaven as with an everlasting covenant that they will know "I
Am" and the power that are the keys while here on earth.

We have around 11 different types of hawks here in NW PA as they are so beautiful.

We have around 11 different types of hawks here in NW PA as they are so beautiful.

Do you maybe have an American Kestrel?

American Kestrel Hardee County Florida.jpg

It would be a rare sighting if you did. They habitate further South, typically. Florida comes to mind. That one is also called a Sparrowhawk and I've got a bunch of pics of these special little guys. The female kestrel is a hero of mine. Fearless, they defend the nest by flying, talons outstretched, at the eyes... they also can do a 'broken wing' ground-maneuver that draws predators aside. I practice both quite often --> Sparrow, little tiny, nesting bird, and falcon/'Hawk' --> fierce, is just following orders; be ye wise//harmless & Snake/Dove (be ye wise as serpents, harness as doves. It's a universal command given broadly to "us" (Ecclesial called-out ones aka The Church).

Both are protective neither are truly aggressive; 'Don't touch egg.'

PS. I used to work for Reliance Insurance as a 'Systems Analyst' and Network Manager. They were a huge, multi-national, company (6 bil net). They (Saul) went bankrupt from too much greed (or was it prayer?). Address for Google Search link: 4 penn center philadelphia pa

Last edited:
Do you maybe have an American Kestrel?

View attachment 9393

It would be a rare sighting if you did. They habitate further South, typically. Florida comes to mind. That one is also called a Sparrowhawk and I've got a bunch of pics of these special little guys. The female kestrel is a hero of mine. Fearless, they defend the nest by flying, talons outstretched, at the eyes... they also can do a 'broken wing' ground-maneuver that draws predators aside. I practice both quite often --> Sparrow, little tiny, nesting bird, and falcon/'Hawk' --> fierce, is just following orders; be ye wise//harmless & Snake/Dove (be ye wise as serpents, harness as doves. It's a universal command given broadly to "us" (Ecclesial called-out ones aka The Church).

Both are protective neither are truly aggressive; 'Don't touch egg.'

PS. I used to work for Reliance Insurance as a 'Systems Analyst' and Network Manager. They were a huge, multi-national, company (6 bil net). They (Saul) went bankrupt from too much greed (or was it prayer?). Address for Google Search link: 4 penn center philadelphia pa

I really do not know much about them other than they are suppose to be around only in the spring and summer and then fly south for the winter like the Robins do. I really do not know many names for different birds, but in the summer my yard becomes a bird sanctuary for many varieties.

Back