Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] I need help, I am so sad right now

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I am having trouble breathing today, I lost a pet, that I had a special bond with. I found a baby squirrel and had raised it for a month and we just formed a bond of love I can't explain, she knew what I was thinking on many occassions, I could tell. I can't believe how hurt I am by her passing, I feel like I'm going crazy. You may have no idea how lovable squirrels can be when they are young, but they are very intelligent little creatures, and her eyes would always light up with love when she looked into mine. I miss her so much. Saturday she was so full of joy, then she just got sick and died. I feel so guilty, for not bringing her in to sleep in my room, I left her out because she prefers to stay outside, but I feel so bad that I didn't recognize how sick she was.

there was alot about caring for baby squirrels I didn't know, I'm still not sure what made her sick, but I miss her so much I can't believe it.

Please say Prayer for me, I asked God to help me through it and instantly the passage from scripture came to my mind, 'Whatever you bind on earth, you shall bind in heaven". I noticed it does not say 'WHOever you bind on earth, but WHAT ever you bind on earth. I know the holy spirit is always very brilliant that way, I know in my heart, that this passage means animals you share with a bond with.

I was calling for her, and I would hear her scampering across the roof, but I knew it wasn't her, I would hear her little squeak sometimes, but I know she is gone.

When I picked her up I had no idea such a bond could exist between a wild animal and a person. She just sat still in my hand when I picked her up, totally trusting in me. As I drove home with her she got up on the seat, looking out the window, watching where we were going. They are the most curious little animals you've ever seen, they will inspect every single object in the room, trying to figure out what it is.
She loves to have her tummy rubbed, she loved to play with my fingers, or I'd swing a sock around and she would have such fun, grabbing it, holding onto it. She completely trusted me, and I feel like maybe I let her down. She would fall asleep in my lap, on her back, she would always sit on my arm and eat her pecans, or a piece of apple, or a grape. She loved to leap onto me, from the trees, then back into the trees, she loved to jump for joy.

When I saw that climbing trees was pretty much their reason for living, I let her go in the yard and built her some houses, and put some warm cloth in there and she seemed to do just fine, she seemed acutely aware of things like hawks and cats and red squirrels are faster than lighting so I thought she would be ok, but baby squirrels are NOT ok, to be left alone, they stay with their mothers til they are 6 months, they sleep in the nest with their brothers and sisters to keep eachother warm.

I let her live in the yard because I was afraid of her peeing and pooping all over, but their urine is very mild smelling and their feces are not really a big problem, they dry up quickly and are just like little specks of dirt. I just didn't know how to cope with having her in the house, or how to build her a cage, I had a dog that was a danger I felt to her inside the house.

the last few days, she just slept all day so I knew something was wrong, and she came in a few times, as if she wanted to stay inside, but I left the door open and she went out I think because she was afraid of the dog.

When they get really sick, they look for a place to hide from predators, so she hid and I couldn't find her to help her.

When i used to feed her her milk, she would always lick my hand, to say thank you, she would wink at me when I gave her something she really liked. When I built her her houses, she would run all over me, thanking me, watching every move I made, with gratitude. After I put her house up, she just sat and looked lovingly at me for such a long time. I can't tell you how bad it hurt, I woke up in the middle of the night, and just felt a horrible sadness, I knew something had happened to her that night.

The first day she ran up to me, I had no idea what to do, I would never have dreamed I could love a wild squirrel so much, or feel such a bond, or be hurt so badly by her passing.

So sorry to hear this...my pets are family and when one of them dies, I grieve very much. I know it's hard to lose them. If this helps at all, "wild" animals, such as squirrels actually have a much better chance at living outside than in and are certainly happier doing so. Most likely she wouldn't have survived inside, and especially not in any kind of cage. She lived and died as God created her to, and had the joy of being befriended by you and being a friend to you while she lived. Not a bad epitaph for a young squirrel.

I'm a bit in the minority around here, and I know that other Christians disagree, but I'm of the opinion that all of God's living creatures, including squirrels have "nephesh" meaning souls and that they will live in the new earth just as we do. To me, this is part of God's final victory over all sin...that the animals who are without sin themselves and yet suffer the consequences of man's sin, will go into everlasting life, just as God created them to be. Opinion, yes, but one I hold to.

grouphug.gif
I'm sure we all surround you with understanding...losing a pet is indeed heartbreaking. The only thing I've found to even ease the loss is to replace the pet, which of course, would be difficult in your case...but I will pray that God will provide you with something suitable.

The thing with grief is you just have to mourn... we all do that differently, but most of us do sense a loss immediately and intensely. Don't fight it... allow it. As the days go on, if you find that it is taking over your life, then each day take some time--planned time--when you say you will sit and think and remember your beloved pet...then proceed with the rest of your day. When the sad thoughts come, and they will, tell yourself that you do miss your pet, but you need to focus on your life right now and will think about the pet again later...

Yes, I do believe there are Scriptures that show that God loves all of His creation, and that we will have our pets in heaven. :)

Brokenhearted:wave:angel3:heart,

GOD BLESS US ALL!

May GOD's wisdom, love, grace, mercy, peace, humility, honesty, and forgiveness be upon you in your time of grief.

Beautifully, GOD made clean and unclean animals to be here with us. It makes so much sense when we meet the clean ones. The ones that come from GOD to comfort us when we need it. GOD sends them to us for a time to get us through points in our lives ( just like a friend).

These clean animals recognize the spirit of GOD in us and naturally bow down to it and obey what the spirit of GOD tells them we need; usually attention/love.

HE gives them to us for a time. HE does this so that we dont get too attached. HE wants us to be only attached to HIM, and this attachment to HIM will bring us what we need when we need it.

HE takes things away from us to remind us that even our bodies are temporary, and given to us for a time. HE wants us to focus on our spirits for heaven and to be with HIM! HE knows we are weak. So, while we are here on this earth of sin, HE will send us things we need; temporarily.

I love all people, animals, and all of GOD's creation. HE can use anything to show who HE is, what HE wants, and what HE wants us to do. As HE shows so beautiful through the obedience in the donkey in the Bible who was trying to warn Balaam. Even in this story we see that even the animals will obey the sentence; every knee will bow and every tongue shall confess that HE is LORD.

Numbers 22:21-34
21 Balaam got up in the morning, saddled his donkey and went with the Moabite officials. 22 But God was very angry when he went, and the angel of the LORD stood in the road to oppose him. Balaam was riding on his donkey, and his two servants were with him. 23 When the donkey saw the angel of the LORD standing in the road with a drawn sword in his hand, it turned off the road into a field. Balaam beat it to get it back on the road.

24 Then the angel of the LORD stood in a narrow path through the vineyards, with walls on both sides. 25 When the donkey saw the angel of the LORD, it pressed close to the wall, crushing Balaam’s foot against it. So he beat the donkey again.
26 Then the angel of the LORD moved on ahead and stood in a narrow place where there was no room to turn, either to the right or to the left. 27 When the donkey saw the angel of the LORD, it lay down under Balaam, and he was angry and beat it with his staff. 28 Then the LORD opened the donkey’s mouth, and it said to Balaam, “What have I done to you to make you beat me these three times?â€
29 Balaam answered the donkey, “You have made a fool of me! If only I had a sword in my hand, I would kill you right now.â€
30 The donkey said to Balaam, “Am I not your own donkey, which you have always ridden, to this day? Have I been in the habit of doing this to you?â€
“No,†he said.
31 Then the LORD opened Balaam’s eyes, and he saw the angel of the LORD standing in the road with his sword drawn. So he bowed low and fell facedown.
32 The angel of the LORD asked him, “Why have you beaten your donkey these three times? I have come here to oppose you because your path is a reckless one before me 33 The donkey saw me and turned away from me these three times. If it had not turned away, I would certainly have killed you by now, but I would have spared it.†34 Balaam said to the angel of the LORD, “I have sinned. I did not realize you were standing in the road to oppose me. Now if you are displeased, I will go back.â€

Unfortunately our sin has made enemity with the animals. But, again, the clean ones that are here have been given eyes to see the spirit of GOD in us that are trying to be good servants of HIM! Like the donkey with Balaam.

In heaven it will be even sweeter to be around the animlas. Just imagine this amazing vision:

ISAIAH 11:6-9
6 The wolf will live with the lamb,
the leopard will lie down with the goat,
the calf and the lion and the yearling together;
and a little child will lead them.
7 The cow will feed with the bear,
their young will lie down together,
and the lion will eat straw like the ox.
8 The infant will play near the cobra’s den,
and the young child will put its hand into the viper’s nest.
9 They will neither harm nor destroy
on all my holy mountain,
for the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the LORD
as the waters cover the sea.

HE LOVES US!!:heart:heart:heart
TRUST IN HIM IN ALL HIS DECISIONS!!:study:nod:salute
HE MAKES US STRONGER and STRONGER THROUGH TRIALS THAT ENHANCE OUR FAITH!! ( James 1:2-4)!!:pray:pray:pray

GOD BLESS US ALL,

jesus4life

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back