Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] I think things are getting better...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
My situation around here waxes and wanes in terms of intensity. People were really, really letting me have it for a while there. Low status male "living too comfortably," "too close to his father," etc. Small southern town nonsense, really.

People still talk now and then about "federal warrants," but I looked it up...I'm pretty sure my lawyer, who handled my state misdemeanor case, would have known about it. I was in court about 7 months ago for sentencing per the plea agreement. Also, if there was a "federal warrant," I'm fairly certain I would have been notified or arrested by now.

So, now, even the neighbors who used to harass me when I was outside are stopping the nonsense. I've been praying, y'all have been praying, its...its a good thing.

I know I'm not well liked around here. Wretched, brain damaged people are generally not terribly popular. What's weird to me is that my "recovery" (read: healing) has brought out the demon in people. Now that I'm more "with it," I see that little southern towns don't like losing their scapegoat.

Anyway, please keep praying for me. I'm getting tougher, I'm smart again, I'm healthy, and I have a solid masculine identity. These are all good things, straight from Jesus. What's disturbing--but maybe not surprising--is how no one around here seems to be the least bit pleased by God's work in my life. Oh well...I'm hoping and praying to be out of here soon-ish.

Thanks again.

My situation around here waxes and wanes in terms of intensity. People were really, really letting me have it for a while there. Low status male "living too comfortably," "too close to his father," etc. Small southern town nonsense, really.

People still talk now and then about "federal warrants," but I looked it up...I'm pretty sure my lawyer, who handled my state misdemeanor case, would have known about it. I was in court about 7 months ago for sentencing per the plea agreement. Also, if there was a "federal warrant," I'm fairly certain I would have been notified or arrested by now.

So, now, even the neighbors who used to harass me when I was outside are stopping the nonsense. I've been praying, y'all have been praying, its...its a good thing.

I know I'm not well liked around here. Wretched, brain damaged people are generally not terribly popular. What's weird to me is that my "recovery" (read: healing) has brought out the demon in people. Now that I'm more "with it," I see that little southern towns don't like losing their scapegoat.

Anyway, please keep praying for me. I'm getting tougher, I'm smart again, I'm healthy, and I have a solid masculine identity. These are all good things, straight from Jesus. What's disturbing--but maybe not surprising--is how no one around here seems to be the least bit pleased by God's work in my life. Oh well...I'm hoping and praying to be out of here soon-ish.

Thanks again.
More and more you are leaving the past behind behind, pressing forward to the prize of the high calling in Christ, and in essence saying “Get thou behind me Satan” as you take your rightful place in our Savior.

Without response; turning the other cheek as it were, the opposition finds no delight, tires of their folly, and returns to their mundane lives. Now make a life . . er . . uh ? No, allow God to mold you into the very image of His Son. :)

Prayer really does work..... you will overcome this situation, and we are with you in prayer, although many miles away in distance. May the joy of knowing Jesus fill your life, and overflow into a community that is obviously desperately in need of Him.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back