Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

i wanna fall in love again...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
J

jimmy little

i was in love with a girl a few years back, i did not know it at the time, and i knew it was always wrong, and now here i am again at 27 and wonder how one falls in love? and will it ever happen again, i hope so :sad

At 60 and two failed marriages I've given up all hope on that. From your picture I would have guessed you to be in your teens. :-D

hmmm well i'm 27! i guess i want it to happen again pretty bad i feel in limbo!

and 60's not to late! :)

I'm not quite as old as you are jimmy, but I share the anticipation of meeting that Love. Prayer is awesome. Great friends help too, but sometimes they are short in supply. And 60's isn't too late, but that's Your call Jon-Marc

I made the mistake of not listening to people who knew the truth, and I didn't rely on God to choose the right one for me. If there is another then God will choose her. I tried a couple of online dating services, and that was a big mistake. I won't do that again. I'm not actively looking, but I'm open to the possibility. While I don't believe I would do any worse marrying a non-Christian, God does say not to be unevenly yoked.

Ok, so I'm totally not denying that you were in love, but can I offer you something? It may be just highly fantasized in your head that you were in love! I'm not sure of the exact name of what I'm describing (I'll get back to you after I consult my psych notes!) But, I also know from personal experience that it can happen. I starting a relationship that suddenly ended, and for months after that I kept thinking how perfect it was, how perfect he was, and how I could have let it happen. It's been almost 6 months, and it's like I'm looking from totally different eyes. I see this guy for who he really was, and I am so glad that it didn't go any further! I am in no way insinuating that this is what your circumstance is, but it's something to keep in mind as you look back and think how "perfect" everything was.

I know what that is like

I am only 21 and I have to admit that I have been in love. I met a guy my junior year in high school and loved him from the first time I saw him. He was with another girl so I waited. To be exact I waited for four years for him to find me. Finally I got him and I was in heaven. Well, needless to say we are not together anymore. After only five months of dating he left me. He told me that he was still in love with his ex and that I knew from the beginning that he could not love me. What a lie!!! :x :x It have been almost five months since he walked out of my life and it still hurts a lot. I cry a lot about it. But, I still cannot wait to find love again, although I find it hard to imagine that I could after this guy.

BP

Love is a tricky thing. I've been eagerly awaiting my true love for several years. The more I wait, the more I realize just how special it will be if and when God sends that love into my life.

I think that once you stop seeking it, that the real thing will find you. What's important is that there be no rush or haste to find someone. Song of Solomon says not to awken love until it please.

I know some people have probably waited a long time, but I'm 51 and even though I'm getting older fast, I can't rush this issue, it's just too important. When a person learns to move forward with his life on his own, he will make discoveries along the way and his choices will most likely be better in the long run.

How wise and simple the Bible makes it, but how hard it is to follow through. My desire to love and be love is one of those things I place at His feet one week only to steal it back a month later. I agree though, I grow most when i'm not worried about love, but God's work and growing in him.

Re: I know what that is like

Butterfly Princess said:
I am only 21 and I have to admit that I have been in love. I met a guy my junior year in high school and loved him from the first time I saw him. He was with another girl so I waited. To be exact I waited for four years for him to find me. Finally I got him and I was in heaven. Well, needless to say we are not together anymore. After only five months of dating he left me. He told me that he was still in love with his ex and that I knew from the beginning that he could not love me. What a lie!!! :x :x It have been almost five months since he walked out of my life and it still hurts a lot. I cry a lot about it. But, I still cannot wait to find love again, although I find it hard to imagine that I could after this guy.

BP

Wow, I can really relate to this. Although I never had anybody leave me for an ex, I am still in hurt over my previous relationship over a month ago and I am sure I will still have some feelings and times of hurt and loneliness for way more time to come. I also cannot wait to find love again, but I agree with you, It almost seems impossible to believe there is hope. I was engaged with one for 1-1/2 years and we did everything together, so it really seems difficult. The only thing I can do now is try to continue my walk with God the best I can and just have faith.

antitox said:
I think that once you stop seeking it, that the real thing will find you. What's important is that there be no rush or haste to find someone. Song of Solomon says not to awken love until it please.

I know some people have probably waited a long time, but I'm 51 and even though I'm getting older fast, I can't rush this issue, it's just too important. When a person learns to move forward with his life on his own, he will make discoveries along the way and his choices will most likely be better in the long run.

Very nice post. I believe its quite true. Before me and my ex of a 1 1/2 yr engagement I was looking and the moment I stopped looking she came into my life and everything was so great for the longest time. It sometimes hurts thinking of the possibility of being alone, but you are right, we will make discoveries along the way and the choices we make may be better in the long run and you never know you just may run into somebody during that time.

I think the desire to be in love really comes from a deeper desire to be in love with God and to be one with Him. I would suggest that you make that your priority for right now. :wink: God is the only being that fills the void. :biggrin
I don't doubt your love for this girl. I was in love once. I learned there's a lot more to relationships than love. I still love the guy I was with, but really, I'm apathetic towards falling in love now, until I meet someone who can reawaken that in me. I believe it's possible to fall in love again; however, one should not confuse "being in love" with "natural attraction to the opposite sex". While the second has something to do with the first, the first is not equitable to the second.

OnFireForChrist said:
I think the desire to be in love really comes from a deeper desire to be in love with God and to be one with Him. I would suggest that you make that your priority for right now. :wink: God is the only being that fills the void. :biggrin
I don't doubt your love for this girl. I was in love once. I learned there's a lot more to relationships than love. I still love the guy I was with, but really, I'm apathetic towards falling in love now, until I meet someone who can reawaken that in me. I believe it's possible to fall in love again; however, one should not confuse "being in love" with "natural attraction to the opposite sex". While the second has something to do with the first, the first is not equitable to the second.

You are right and we should definitely keep God firstly in our lives. Also, I believe you will be reawakened in falling in love again when the time is right. We both have wounds that are not fully healed so we have put up guarded walls around ourselves so we do not get hurt again and I believe its very natural to do so being hurt and recovering. Our walls will vanish someday and God will bring true love into our lives. My ex was definitely my first love, but I know God will put my true love into my life someday and it will be much better than my first. Its so hard to keep faith in God or ever believe it can be better, but I am trying to do so with all my strength.

J6o7h8n3 said:
OnFireForChrist said:

You are right and we should definitely keep God firstly in our lives. Also, I believe you will be reawakened in falling in love again when the time is right. We both have wounds that are not fully healed so we have put up guarded walls around ourselves so we do not get hurt again and I believe its very natural to do so being hurt and recovering. Our walls will vanish someday and God will bring true love into our lives. My ex was definitely my first love, but I know God will put my true love into my life someday and it will be much better than my first. Its so hard to keep faith in God or ever believe it can be better, but I am trying to do so with all my strength.
That is very true. :biggrin I will pray for you, my brother in Christ. :biggrin

I also wanna fall in love again well im not even sure if i ever been in love properly!?

But all i know that the only love I need is a from a man and that man is Jesus! His love fills me up and makes me feel warm inside like a steaming bowl of porridge :-D You know that feeling???

Its actualy a lot like porridge when u think of it cos his love nourishes you and puts a smile on ur face, and u can have it anytime of the day lol!

haha cant believ im talkin g bout porridge! I wants soem in me now mm mmmm! :biggrin :biggrin :biggrin :biggrin

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back