Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Idolized Faith that stands alone

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

RBDERRICK

Supporter
Some Christians preach their saving faith is forever standing alone apart from their works. Some say the 'saving efficacy' of their faith can later be judged by their works, and others say their saving faith always stands alone apart from how they live.

There is of course no such faith justified with God in the Bible, and is instead judged dead in life and to Him.

James 2:17
Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

The kind of faith standing alone by itself forever, is only an idolized faith of one's own making, like a dumb idol that is dead in speech and works. It is an idolatrous gift to oneself, that is not given by God nor Jesus Christ.

Eph 2:8
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

The gift of God to the repentant is the living faith of Jesus, who never stands alone apart from His own works, which are always alive to the Father.

Any faith standing alone in one's own mind, is a vain and ideal imagination of one's own heart. It's imagined as being eternally 'pure' and pristine standing all alone in the min's eye, that only it can see. It remains ideally 'unsullied' by the works of one's own unrighteous hands. It's the vanity of 'idealism' that is never lived, but is only seen ethereally high above it all, including above and beyond one's walk on earth.

This is why they preach that their souls by their faith, are now seated in heaven alone and apart from their body of works on earth.

Their new life's calling and daily work of faith, is to keep and defend their idealized faith 'unsullied' by how they live. Their soul is saved by their own faith alone, while their life is still corrupt by their own sinful deeds.

Their eternally 'pure' and pristine faith stands alone as a great barrier wall separting themselves from their works, as well as against any judgment and condemnation for their works.

This is why they preach they are no longer condemned with the world by their works of the world, because of their 'strong' faith standing firm against the righteous judgment of the Lord.

This is also why they preach repentance of the mind only, apart from works. They only 'repent' of unbelief, that they might be saved by only believing. And the great work of their saving faith is only to believe in being saved.

It's the Christian version of believing that by one's faith alone, something can and will be true: "So long as I can believe it, it must be true..."

This is again why they preach the only thing proving one is not saved, is by 'unbelief'. So long as they believe, all is well with their soul, no matter the life lived. But if they ever cease to believe, then their soul is now again condemned by their fleshy works.

Report Edit

G

Ghada

Senior​

JoinedJul 15, 2023Messages708Reaction score73Points28
The 'divine' faith that stands alone, gives power to thoughts and imaginations of the heart apart from works, produces an imaginary life of one's own. The life of faith they live in the mind, is not the life they live on earth. As it's said, "They live in the life and legend of their own imagination alone.

It's akin to the old pagan idolatry of gods and faith in the gods. So long as man on earth believes in the gods above then the gods remain alive in heaven. But if man ceases to believe, then their gods die. So it is with the imaginary lives, that are produced by faith alone high above all works of the flesh.

But Christ and His faith from heaven is not so, that produces righteous works all the time.

Jesus Christ is now Lord and God the Lamb forever, whether any man on earth believes it or not. And if anyone does believe He is Lord and the one true God, yet repents not of their sinful dead works, then their faith is no better nor 'effecacious', than that of the devils who also believe yet tremble:

James 2:9
Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

This Scripture argues that them trusting and standing upon their faith alone to save them, and believing they cannot ever be judged and condemned for their ungodly living, is worse than that of the sinning angels. The devils still know the fear of the Lord and His righteous judgment, that is sure to come upon all the works of angels and men.

James 2:14
What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?

No, of course not. Only the eternal faith of Jesus Christ can save a soul from sinning, and not only save the soul from judgment of sins.

Only His faith is with Himself always doing those things pleasinig to the Father. And so it is with every sinner that repents for his soul's sake, to receive His Spirit and His faith to walk and do likewise with Him on earth.

Eph 2:8
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

James 2:9
Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

James 2:14
What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?
I think you talk too much, and maybe some want to see how the scriptures are more important than other words, yet your words outweigh them way too much. ( maybe you think you should teach people what faith is, even though it is the gift of God already as in your own quoted scripture)

Your next quote, The devils believe there is one God, they do not believe in the rising from the dead of Christ our Lord. ( or would not be devils doing devil works)

I know well that the forum and the talkers here are not here for good purposes, or they would just listen to the testimony of Christ, to be saved from wickedness.

Here in 1 Corinthians 2, the apostle demonstrates the Spirit and power of God, this is not to the princes of this world ( the devils/the prince of this world cast out/the prince of this world is judged.)) that come to nothing, ( the devils believe there is one God and have a reason to tremble...destruction.) but the wisdom of God is hidden in a mystery, ( given to the apostles to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to others hidden/not given.) NONE OF THE PRINCES OF THIS WORLD KNEW, or they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. ( THAT WAS THE PRINCES OF THIS WORLD CAST OUT AND JUDGED BY THEIR OWN JUDGEMENT and CASTING OUT OF CHRIST. Matthew 21:39.)

But eye had not seen, it did not enter into the hearts the things of God, ( His judgement of returning their own ways onto their own heads) given, revealed to those who love Him, God has revealed them by HIs Spirit, which searches all things, the deep things of God...

Matthew 13:11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

Matthew 21:39 And they caught him, and cast him out of the vineyard, and slew him.

John 12:31 Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be CAST OUT.

John 16:11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

1 Corinthians 2:4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:
5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.
6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:
7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:
8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

Only vain man talks about faith or what it is or is not, and does not go and do it. ( this is what these forums are)

We believe in Jesus Christ because of the works He did and finished, so He is the author and finisher of our faith, what do people talking on the forum think they can alter, when it is nothing left for them to deceive on.

John 5:36 But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me.

John 10:25 Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.

Hebrews 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

I know the forum ways, purpose, understanding and what it encourages here wont change, that is the purpose of the scripture, we see Israel would never change and how right now Israel or the people who live there, are busy doing to each other, what they did to Jesus Christ, to the apostles, to kill and persecute, its not faith, neither is this forum very faithful.

The people are known what they are, they cant teach faith, they can only try to be against faith, but just as satan was judged, and cast out, what difference in the forums and everyone who does the same faithless ways.

If they even pretended to do better, they would not ever try to teach again, they would hear, they would be so much slower than the speed they are racing towards wrath in never being quick to hear instead...

James 1:18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.
19 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:
20 For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.
21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.
22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

James 1:26 If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.

James 3:2 For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.
3 Behold, we put bits in the horses' mouths, that they may obey us; and we turn about their whole body.

James 3:5 Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!
6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.
7 For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind:
8 But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.

I think you talk too much,
True. I do tend to write in streaming, but I also try to go back and make things less wordy.

Thanks.

and maybe some want to see how the scriptures are more important than other words,
Neh 8:8
So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

It's not wrong to give the sense of Scripture, but as you say, not get to wordy about it.

Your next quote, The devils believe there is one God,
Correct.

they do not believe in the rising from the dead of Christ our Lord.
That's words of your own, from some doctrine of your own.

( or would not be devils doing devil works)
Many believe Jesus is the Christ and risen from the dead and sitting on the right hand of the Father. They are not living it.

Which is about those who agree Jesus lived without sinning, but only idolize His life, rather than walk as He.

If you want to address the subject at hand, I'd be glad to see it.

Back