Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Important question for Catholic "theologians"

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
G

In light of the enormous A.I.D.S., homosexual, and pedophila problems among Roman Catholic Priests, and in light of the fact that even the pope will go as far as hiding and protecting these pervert priests from justice, the public, and even unsuspecting Catholic laity, who would you allow your 5 year old son to have a sleep-over with--Michael Jackson or a Catholic priest?

Every now and again this person comes to this board (and other boards as well) and spouts very hurtful and non-edifying vitriol against Catholics. I urge all my brothers and sisters in Christ to clearly distance distance themselves from this sort of behaviour. There are ways to constructively and apprropriately critique the Catholic church (and, yes, the Protestant church too). Please do not give this guy a platform for his disturbing , highly inflammatory, and frankly hateful rhetoric.

Drew said:
Every now and again this person comes to this board (and other boards as well) and spouts very hurtful and non-edifying vitriol against Catholics. I urge all my brothers and sisters in Christ to clearly distance distance themselves from this sort of behaviour. There are ways to constructively and apprropriately critique the Catholic church (and, yes, the Protestant church too). Please do not give this guy a platform for his disturbing , highly inflammatory, and frankly hateful rhetoric.

Totally agree.

When we defend our faith, we should keep the Word of God in mind.

And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all [men], apt to teach, patient,
In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves
2 Tim 2:24-25

Although originally addressed to Timothy, a magistrate of God, I think we can apply it to us, as well.

Peter says something similar. The point is that a person who cannot discuss God respectfully is a hypocrite, ignoring the very Word that they propose to defend.

As usual, Drew does a good job expressing proper Christian attitudes.

Regards

Drew said:
Every now and again this person comes to this board (and other boards as well) and spouts very hurtful and non-edifying vitriol against Catholics....
Drew, it's gone beyond RCs, it's anyone who isn't a Calvinist. (Hey, Red said it in public, not my words 8-) )

It's over and I hope in the future, we don't continue to feed trolls.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back