Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

In a moment a twinkling of an eye

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
some thing very much on my heart, has always been, today is the day of the Lords salvation, no one knows what one day may bring, in a moment a twinkling of an eye.

the universe can roll up like a scroll.

for many their world has already ended or been turned up side down, through one event or another, maybe big or small, the result is the same, life or death heaven or hell, a split second, 24 hrs.

events can come with little or no warning. or other times the writting is on the wall and people ignore the warnings until its to late. we are all in range.

Jesus says work while we have the light time opportunity, as darkness comes when no man can work, be prepared. spiritualy, naturaly,

I had a friend who called in on the wednesday, we spoke about faith, and having faith in Jesus, he was open, phillip was his name, he believed but had not made a comitment , some thing he would look at , at a later date,
on the saturday, his car over turned and caught fire, he was trapped in his seat belt, the coulnt get him out.

The Lord gave me pslam 18 tangled in the cords of death, i called apon the Lord.

dont leave it to late to call apon the Lord, seek him while he may be found,, call apon him while he is near.

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/ religion forum

johnny

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm very sorry for your loss, Johnny. Psalm 18 is very comforting indeed. I pray the Lord continues to comfort you as you mourn the loss of your friend. You never know what happened in between your talk and his accident.

A guy I worked with for 11 years died Saturday evening. He was in his late 50's.

He'd taken very ill and was hospitalized around July 6th. Another co-worker, (actually, the man who owns the business we work at) led him to the Lord around the 15th of the month.

I guess that, sometimes, the Lord puts you on your back to get you to look up.

I am very glad that he was willing to listen, he knew he was dying and was willing to listen. Finally.

I can only hope that your friend called out as well, while he had time, Johnny.
Remember, it is entirely possible for someone to find the Lord without anyone even being there to "guide" them. :yes

What matters, is that someone speaks to them!

Yea its weird how quick our lives can be taken from us in a twinkle of an eye. But I use to fear for the end of my life here but now since I have been back its been a good walk so far with knowing that there is more then just this world.

sorry to hear tho about your friend.

you never know when your soul may be required of you. if it had been today would you have been ready.

a lady i knew biked by this was friday, hello johnny, hi, she was fine,, never saw monday,

like wise a man i worked with left work, absoulutley fine mid 40,s healthy clean life good diet, went home sat in the chair , fell asleep, died,

life is such a gift, make the most of every day, one day at a time. really take in every thing around you, make time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back