Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Inter-Faithism. A good thing or a bad thing?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
8-) In the book of Matthew,it is clear that Jesus knew the old
testament.

Interfaithism> A good thing or Bad thing

Well maybe someday everyone will be free to worship or walk with his own god.

In Micah 4 there are things about the end times. In verse 4 it says ''But they shall sit everyman under his vine and under his fig tree: and none shall make them afraid: for the mouth of the Lord of hosts hath spoken it.
verse 5 syas "For all people will walk in the name of his god and we will walk in the name of the Lord our God for ever and ever.

May God grant us wisdom.

Joeri said:
blueeyeliner said:
Joeri said:
Brutus/HisCatalyst said:
It's kinda like elementary school. Jesus studied even though he knew all things. I still don't see how whether or not Jesus studied has to do with interfaithism.
it has to do with interfaithism cuz we believe in different jesus's :wink:

:wink: In the holy Bible Paul warns us about those preaching a
different gospel and we should all be careful of those who preach
about a different Jesus than what is written about in the gospels.
which gospel said 'and jesus studied :wink: '

I've got this one Blue.

Luke 2:52 "and Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man."[KJV]

Let's take this from the fact that God is all wise, and Jesus is fully God. If the bible is talking about Godly wisedom here than the Bible is in contradiction when it claims God is all wise. Therefore the bible is clearly suggesting that Jesus studied the earthly way.

Also supporting this suggestion is the fact that he grew in favor with man. Just being smart would generally decrease your standing among men, not increase it. This also suggest a worldly study. Absolute proof, no. Pretty close, Yes.

Brutus/HisCatalyst said:
Joeri said:
blueeyeliner said:
Joeri said:
[quote="Brutus/HisCatalyst":b9efe]It's kinda like elementary school. Jesus studied even though he knew all things. I still don't see how whether or not Jesus studied has to do with interfaithism.
it has to do with interfaithism cuz we believe in different jesus's :wink:

:wink: In the holy Bible Paul warns us about those preaching a
different gospel and we should all be careful of those who preach
about a different Jesus than what is written about in the gospels.
which gospel said 'and jesus studied :wink: '

I've got this one Blue.

Luke 2:52 "and Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man."[KJV]

Let's take this from the fact that God is all wise, and Jesus is fully God. If the bible is talking about Godly wisedom here than the Bible is in contradiction when it claims God is all wise. Therefore the bible is clearly suggesting that Jesus studied the earthly way.

Also supporting this suggestion is the fact that he grew in favor with man. Just being smart would generally decrease your standing among men, not increase it. This also suggest a worldly study. Absolute proof, no. Pretty close, Yes.
[/quote:b9efe]

hmm actually some people like me because i am inteligent but i dont study

Jesus was raised a Jewish boy, in a Jewish household, in the manner of the Jews. This means He was taught the scriptures. He learned to speak, He learned to read, He learned the trade of His earthly guardian. he went to school and Torah class like every other child.

He was Bar-Mitzvahed as every boy of 12-13 years old would be--hence His being able to sit with the elders in the temple and discuss topics of doctrine.

As I have said before, people have real problems reconciling the Humanness of jesus with Him being God in flesh.

evanman said:
Jesus was raised a Jewish boy, in a Jewish household, in the manner of the Jews. This means He was taught the scriptures. He learned to speak, He learned to read, He learned the trade of His earthly guardian. he went to school and Torah class like every other child.

He was Bar-Mitzvahed as every boy of 12-13 years old would be--hence His being able to sit with the elders in the temple and discuss topics of doctrine.

As I have said before, people have real problems reconciling the Humanness of jesus with Him being God in flesh.
he would never let any jewish doctrines about how to behave interfere with his mission.

he would never let any jewish doctrines about how to behave interfere with his mission.

When considering Christ's mission I agree. He did not submit to Jewish Rabbinical traditions, however, everything He did and taught fulfilled the Law!

Mat 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

evanman said:

When considering Christ's mission I agree. He did not submit to Jewish Rabbinical traditions, however, everything He did and taught fulfilled the Law!

[quote:8b4c5]Mat 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
[/quote:8b4c5]
indeed. and people make such a mess and claim that slavation is not brought by the law (in that era) but by the law=human doctrines, by the law+ttradition, just like today though, the bible speaks not about many matters which people now find not just offensive, but is viewed upon as a severe sin.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back