Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Islam – how well do you know the facts?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
None of what you said is true. I don't know who put these things in your mind.
God does not hate Jews.
God is not Christian murdering.
If you can prove other wise, please do so. Anyway even though that what you claimed was not true, I would like to know what's up is it with hating and murdering. Are you against hate and murdering, or are you saying that God cannot hate and murder, and if he does he is not worthy of worship?
Also, what you quoted me is not accurate, I was not making a statement about myself, I was directing my words to somebody else.

God does not hate Jews.
My God isn't, but then, we're not talking about YHWH, we're talking about the demon Allah, who told Mohammed to slay the infidel wherever he found them.

Is there an 8th level of hell for a man who "marries" a 6-year old girl and rapes her when she turns 9 in the name of "consummating" the marriage???

Yep, that's your "prophet", a lying, child-molesting snake whose words inspired a religion that killed hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of Christians and Jews (and Hindus, too) down through the centuries.

Watch what happens to Afghanistan when we leave it: it will be taken over by the Taliban and you can then expect summary executions in the streets again, all in the name of "Allah, the merciful."

If Allah were a rabid dog, I'd shoot him myself.

P.S. The crusader shield is my new avatar in honor of this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
God does not hate Jews.
If you can prove other wise, please do so. Anyway even though that what you claimed was not true, I would like to know what's up is it with hating and murdering. Are you against hate and murdering, or are you saying that God cannot hate and murder, and if he does he is not worthy of worship?
Also, what you quoted me is not accurate, I was not making a statement about myself, I was directing my words to somebody else.

Anonymous, you must stop turning comments about Allah and your false prophet as somehow being an insult to the one True Living God. What you have is a corrupt image of God. Muhammad never had a revelation from Gabriel. Maybe he did talk to an angel, and maybe it did call himself "Gabriel", but he would have been a fallen angel, now a demon who goes by the same name. No, Muhammad spread vicious lies and deceived millions to come. Woe to him and those who follow his lies when they stand before the only True God in Judgment.

I assert again that you have rejected the only True God and live outside of His Grace and Peace. Are you willing to die out of His Grace and Peace? It will be too late then, but it's not today.

Stormcrow
My God isn't
Do you even know what is in the Holy Bible?

Numbers 31:17 17 Now therefore, kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman who has known a man intimately.

Isaiah 13:16 Their children also will be dashed to pieces before their eyes;
Their houses will be plundered
And their wives ravished.

Psalms 137:9 Happy the one who takes and dashes
Your little ones against the rock!

Again, I am calling on those who really knows the Holy Bible to come and discuss me, a discussion that is full of mutual respect without offending anyone. But, the likes of you who don't even know what the Holy Bible say! they will be exposed, as you were.
As of the dirty and void words that you said, it only reflects your morals and ethics. I will not comment on that, and as of Taliban they don't represent Islam, they are a creation of you know who to fight the Russians!! And this is a political topic that I have nothing to do with.
And for your information the demon that you are talking about is Called El-Lat. So in addition to learning the Holy Bible first, I do advice you to seek some fair knowledge first.

Mike
I made it clear, I am not here to offend your religion nor to compare Islam to Christianity. Some people here made false claims, and I had to counter these false claims with the truth and supported by evidence. I understand that truth hurts sometimes, that's why some people turned from having a discussion with me to saying bad things, thinking that this will strengthen their position while it actually hurts them, because they are talking about something that they don't know anything about. Thus, it's easy to expose them.

I assert again that you have rejected the only True God and live outside of His Grace and Peace. Are you willing to die out of His Grace and Peace? It will be too late then, but it's not today.
I would be thankful if you can help me to do so, I've read the Holy Bible, but could not find anywhere where Jesus Christ is saying I am God, worship me!!:chin If he said it only once, I am going to instantly convert.

Do you even know what is in the Holy Bible?
Yep. Do you think that justifies murder in this age?

Mohammed did, which is why he borrowed so heavily from the O.T.

Show me in the New Testament where Christ commanded the same thing.

a discussion that is full of mutual respect without offending anyone.
Islam is offensive and is an affront to peace-loving people everywhere.

I have nothing against you personally, but I have yet to read anywhere in this thread where you condemn the on-going atrocities committed in the name of Allah.

How many apologies did we get for the Americans that were killed over the burning of the Koran, which had already been desecrated by Muslims!

Islam has a strange way of showing it wants to be seen as a "religion of peace." The body counts belie it.

As of the dirty and void words that you said, it only reflects your morals and ethics. I will not comment on that...

So the truth about Mohammed, who took a child of six as his wife then molested her at nine to consummate the "marriage" is "dirty and void"???

Were you "prophet" alive today (and not burning in hell), he would be arrested, tried, and convicted of pedophilia and rotting in prison somewhere.

But I can see why you wouldn't want to address that. :nono2

Stormcrow
Yep. Do you think that justifies murder in this age?
I honestly don't know if I should laugh or cry about what you are saying!!
Are you trying to say that your God Jesus Christ who is very peaceful as I can read in the new testement was once a murderer of innocents, children, pregnant women, and animals!! and what is the difference between this age and those in the past?
Anyone, you claim that Islam borrowed so heavily from the O.T., while in the O.T. you will find the killing of many innocents and animals, and you will never find such a thing in the Qur'an!
It's important to note that I don't say that God did these things, but you do.
And since you asked for verses in the N.T here you are:
Luke 19:27 - But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.
Matthew 10: 34Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. 35For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

Luke 12:
51Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:
52For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three.
53The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

I have nothing against you personally, but I have yet to read anywhere in this thread where you condemn the on-going atrocities committed in the name of Allah.
This was the first thing that I did in my first post in this topic. http://www.christianforums.net/showthread.php?t=40753&p=625096&viewfull=1#post625096

And as of your last void claim about Prophet Muhammad, I am not going to response to this. Because you are not seeking the truth, but you are seeking to falsify Islam and the teachings of prophet Muhammad, as the Jewish are trying to falsify the teachings of Jesus Christ. But, if you really know the Holy Bible as you claimed, I would like to invite you for a 1 on 1 dialogue with me regarding is Jesus God?, because as I said in my previous post I can't find anywhere in the Holy Bible that Jesus said for once, that I am God worship me!!

is Jesus God?, because as I said in my previous post I can't find anywhere in the Holy Bible that Jesus said for once, that I am God worship me!!
Jesus need not say it for it to be true.

Anonymous, I'll remind you that you agreed to the ToS which forbids putting down the tenets of our faith and the active promotion of other faiths. You are pushing it with your premise that Jesus is not fully God.

Why didn't Jesus come right out and say He was God? Honestly, I don't know. Perhaps it was because those who know Him, know that He is God. (more on this below) I do know Him, and I know that He possessed the Nature of God and behaved as God in the flesh.

He forgave sins:
Mark 2
"5 When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralytic, “Son, your sins are forgiven.” 6 Now some teachers of the law were sitting there, thinking to themselves, 7 “Why does this fellow talk like that? He’s blaspheming! Who can forgive sins but God alone?”
8 Immediately Jesus knew in his spirit that this was what they were thinking in their hearts, and he said to them, “Why are you thinking these things? 9 Which is easier: to say to the paralytic, ‘Your sins are forgiven,’ or to say, ‘Get up, take your mat and walk’? 10 But that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins…” He said to the paralytic, 11 “I tell you, get up, take your mat and go home.” 12 He got up, took his mat and walked out in full view of them all. This amazed everyone and they praised God, saying, “We have never seen anything like this!”

He accepted worship:
John 20
"28 Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!”
29 Then Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”
30 Jesus did many other miraculous signs in the presence of his disciples, which are not recorded in this book. 31 But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name."

My guess is you hold Jesus in esteem as a Muslim (though you refuse to accept Him as God). Why would a good man not correct such a statement from Thomas if he were in fact not God?

He had command over nature:
Luke 8
"24 The disciples went and woke him, saying, “Master, Master, we’re going to drown!”
He got up and rebuked the wind and the raging waters; the storm subsided, and all was calm. 25 “Where is your faith?” he asked his disciples."

He is Omnipresent:
Luke 18:20 "For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them.”

Jesus claimed equality with God:
John 10
"25 Jesus answered, “I did tell you, but you do not believe. The miracles I do in my Father’s name speak for me, 26 but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. 27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. 30 I and the Father are one.

John 10 above relates to what I was saying in the beginning of my post. Rather than come right out and say "I am God", He allowed his followers and others to come to recognize Him as God.

There are many other examples of Jesus demonstrating powers reserved for God. His sheep will acknowledge them, and those who are in defiance will not. If one believes scripture, there can be only one conclusion: Jesus was fully God and fully man.

Mike
I wasn't promoting other faiths, but when I see false claims about my beliefs, I have to make corrections.
So, basically you are saying that there is no verse where Jesus Christ said that he is God, but you concluded that he is God because:
* He Forgave Sins
* Accepted Worship
* Had Command Over Nature
* He is Omnipresent
* Claimed equality with God
I am saying if all of this is true, then what you say make sense, but before exploring these points any further, I would like to ask you this. Who was the first to worship Jesus Christ?

Philippians 2:6-11

Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage ; rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death — even death on a cross! Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Jesus humbled Himself as a servant and proved His power and divinity through miracles, signs and wonders which were witnessed by hundreds and thousands of people. He need not have to boast that He is God, people eventually recognized it and accorded Him due glory and worship...

John 20:28 -- "Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!â€

BTW, when some "angel Gabriel" visited Mohammed and spoke to him, how many witnesses were there ?

NONE !!!

The Quran is a book based on one man's account.

...but when I see false claims about my beliefs, I have to make corrections.
Check your facts: Mohammad was a child molester.

Age at marriage

See also: Criticism of Muhammad#Aisha and Child marriage

Aisha stayed in her parents' home for several years until she joined Muhammad and the marriage was consummated.[6][8][9][11][12][13] Most of the sources indicate that she was nine years old at the time, with the single exception of al-Tabari, who records that she was ten.[8] The sources do not offer much more information about Aisha's childhood years, but mention that after the wedding, she continued to play with her toys, and that Muhammad entered into the spirit of these games.

Your prophet was a pedophile. Just the facts.

Obviously, this was a man that had real issues relating to women his own age.

Joh 10:30 I and my Father are one.
Joh 10:31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.
Joh 10:32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?
Joh 10:33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
Joh 1:4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
Joh 1:5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

How can one defend a child molester? Mohammad is your leader and you his follower. Do you follow his example.

because if you read Genesis it said God, God, God, and never once was Jesus Christ mentioned!!
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being. In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it. John 1:1-5 (NASB)

And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth. John 1:14 (NASB)

No one has seen God at any time; the only begotten God who is in the bosom of the Father, He has explained Him. John 1:18 (NASB)

For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son [Jesus Christ], in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.

He [Jesus Christ] is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things have been created through Him and for Him. He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.

He is also head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He Himself will come to have first place in everything. For it was the Father's good pleasure for all the fullness to dwell in Him, and through Him to reconcile all things to Himself, having made peace through the blood of His cross; through Him, I say, whether things on earth or things in heaven. Colossians 1:13-20 (NASB)

When I saw Him [Jesus Christ], I fell at His feet like a dead man. And He placed His right hand on me, saying, "Do not be afraid; I am the first and the last, and the living One; and I was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of death and of Hades. Revelation 1:17-18 (NASB)

"Who has performed and accomplished it, Calling forth the generations from the beginning? 'I, the LORD, am the first, and with the last. I am He.'" Isaiah 41:4 (NASB)

"Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts: 'I am the first and I am the last, And there is no God besides Me. Isaiah 44:6 (NASB)

"Listen to Me, O Jacob, even Israel whom I called; I am He, I am the first, I am also the last. "Surely My hand founded the earth, And My right hand spread out the heavens; When I call to them, they stand together. Isaiah 48:12-13 (NASB)

Jesus Christ is the same Lord God Almighty in both testaments.

I do not know if anyone noticed it or am I wrong here ... but isn't this thread going way OFF TOPIC ??

This was the original question and this thread was supposed to have been about facts about Islam.

So what do the Christian’s think, what do they know?

This is probably a difficult question but I’m interested toknow whether or not Christian’s know Islam? I accept that the majority of Christians (and the majority of Muslims)don’t know evry much about Islam but I presume the members of this forum areChristians who take it seriously. So dothe members here know and understand Islam, do they know the evidence at theirfinger tips to argue that it is evil?

Why are Muslims allowed to troll here and put down Christianity instead of directly addressing issues at hand ...

ie. if wrong opinions are presented about Islam, they should just address that part and correct wrong perceptions and offer truths about Islam, instead of challenging tenets about Christianity that they know nothing about !!

:shame :shame2

Locking this thread. There will need to be some cleaning up before it is opened up.

2.1: This is a Christian site, therefore, any attempt to put down Christianity and the basic tenets of our Faith will be considered a hostile act. Please read: Statement of Faith

2.2: No active promotion of other Faiths is allowed:

Back