Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Islam's Golden Rule

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
G

Gary

Adapted from...
http://www.faithfreedom.org/debates/YaminZakariap3.htm by Ali Sina

Islam and the "Golden Rule"

Good and evil must be measured according to a defined criterion. My criterion is the Golden Rule. This is a self evident criterion. It works like an inner compass for all human beings who are endowed with commonsense. In Islam this criterion is rejected. Good and bad are not manifest on their own. They are established by what Muhammad ordered and prohibited. What he ordered or prohibited could be contrary to the Golden Rule. But his words are the standard. Muslims have no regards for the Golden Rule.

The Golden Rule says do to others what you would expect others do to you. This is very simple and easy to understand and apply. I do not like to be cheated, so I must not cheat others. I do not like to be killed, so I must not kill others. I do not want anyone rape my wife, so I must not rape others. This principle works like a Swiss clock. It never fails. You can find all the guidance you need by this compass.

But the Golden Rule has no place in Islam. Muhammad told his followers to fight the unbelievers and impose on them his religion. How do you like the Jews, the Christians or the Hindus fight the Muslims and impose their religion on them? Muhammad raided civilian towns, killed unarmed men, looted their belongings and enslaved and raped their wives. How do you like this to be done to you and your family?

Let me quote some of the verses of the Quran switching the words “Muslims†and “non-Muslimsâ€Â. Let us see how they sound.

8:12 We will cast terror into the hearts of Muslims. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them.

3:28, Let not the non-Muslims take for friends or helpers the Muslims.

8:65, Rouse the non-Muslims to the fight against Muslims.

9:5, Then fight and slay the Muslims wherever ye find them,

9:14, Fight the Muslims, and God will punish them by your hands, cover them with shame.

9:23, O ye the non-Muslims take not for protectors your fathers and your brothers if they love Islam.

9:28, O ye the non-Muslims! Truly the Muslims are unclean.

9:123, O ye non-Muslims! fight the Muslims who gird you about, and let them find firmness in you.

47:4, Therefore, when ye meet the Muslims, smite at their necks; At length.

How do you like them? I bet you don’t like them.

That is why Islam is contrary to the Golden Rule. That is why Islam is dangerous and evil in its core. That is why we must strive and eradicate this ideology of hate to assure mankind is safe and human lives are not sacrificed. So as you see there is no contradiction between promoting democracy and freedom of thought and eradicating Islam, Nazism, fascism or any other hatemongering and divisive ideology.

Ali Sina

Gary_Bee said:
Adapted from...
http://www.faithfreedom.org/debates/YaminZakariap3.htm by Ali Sina

Islam and the "Golden Rule"

Good and evil must be measured according to a defined criterion. My criterion is the Golden Rule. This is a self evident criterion. It works like an inner compass for all human beings who are endowed with commonsense. In Islam this criterion is rejected. Good and bad are not manifest on their own. They are established by what Muhammad ordered and prohibited. What he ordered or prohibited could be contrary to the Golden Rule. But his words are the standard. Muslims have no regards for the Golden Rule.

The Golden Rule says do to others what you would expect others do to you. This is very simple and easy to understand and apply. I do not like to be cheated, so I must not cheat others. I do not like to be killed, so I must not kill others. I do not want anyone rape my wife, so I must not rape others. This principle works like a Swiss clock. It never fails. You can find all the guidance you need by this compass.

But the Golden Rule has no place in Islam. Muhammad told his followers to fight the unbelievers and impose on them his religion. How do you like the Jews, the Christians or the Hindus fight the Muslims and impose their religion on them? Muhammad raided civilian towns, killed unarmed men, looted their belongings and enslaved and raped their wives. How do you like this to be done to you and your family?

Let me quote some of the verses of the Quran switching the words “Muslims†and “non-Muslimsâ€Â. Let us see how they sound.

8:12 We will cast terror into the hearts of Muslims. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them.

9:14, Fight the Muslims, and God will punish them by your hands, cover them with shame.

9:23, O ye the non-Muslims take not for protectors your fathers and your brothers if they love Islam.

9:123, O ye non-Muslims! fight the Muslims who gird you about, and let them find firmness in you.

How do you like them? I bet you don’t like them.

That is why Islam is contrary to the Golden Rule. That is why Islam is dangerous and evil in its core. That is why we must strive and eradicate this ideology of hate to assure mankind is safe and human lives are not sacrificed. So as you see there is no contradiction between promoting democracy and freedom of thought and eradicating Islam, Nazism, fascism or any other hatemongering and divisive ideology.

Ali Sina

Islam always calls to do Righteous deeds and to refrain the bad deeds and evil deeds.
There are many verses in Holy quran:

Righteous deeds

[alnahl 90]
Allah commands justice, the doing of good, and liberality to kith and kin, and He forbids all shameful deeds, and injustice and rebellion: He instructs you, that ye may receive admonition

[alankabut 7]
Those who believe and work righteous deeds, from them shall We blot out all evil (that may be) in them, and We shall reward them according to the best of their deeds.

Al kahf2]
(He hath made it) Straight (and Clear) in order that He may warn (the godless) of a terrible Punishment from Him, and that He may give Glad Tidings to the Believers who work righteous deeds, that they shall have a goodly Reward,

[alkahf 107]
As to those who believe and work righteous deeds, they have, for their entertainment, the Gardens of Paradise,
[taha 75]
But such as come to Him as Believers who have worked righteous deeds, for them are ranks exalted,

[alhajj 14] Verily Allah will admit those who believe and work righteous deeds, to Gardens, beneath which rivers flow: for Allah carries out all that He plans.

[annur 55]
Allah has promised, to those among you who believe and work righteous deeds, that He will, of a surety, grant them in the land, inheritance (of power), as He granted it to those before them; that He will establish in authority their religion, the one which He has chosen for them; and that He will change (their state), after the fear in which they (lived), to one of security and peace: `They will worship Me (alone) and not associate aught with Me.' If any do reject Faith after this, they are rebellious and wicked.

Killing

[alnissa 93]
If a man kills a Believer intentionally, his recompense is Hell, to abide therein (forever): and the wrath and the curse of Allah are upon him, and a dreadful penalty is prepared for him.

Adultery

[alisraa 32]
Nor come nigh to adultery: for it is a shameful (deed) and an evil, opening the road (to other evils).

Cheating

Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said whoever cheated us he is not from us.

You may say it is baseless.... but the words are from the Quran.

Ali Sina: Let me quote some of the verses of the Quran switching the words “Muslims†and “non-Muslimsâ€Â. Let us see how they sound.

• 8:12 We will cast terror into the hearts of Muslims. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them.

Do you deny that these words are from the Quran?

:)

I did not talk about the word of quran, I said about your wrong understanding for the holy quran and about your post her:

Gary_Bee said:

Shocking isn't it?..... and each one of those accusations can be shown to be true. :o

Islams Golden Rule

Mushen,
Hi I wanted to ask you a question is this a true message of Islam.? I mean is it a wrtten rule?

>> No one of you is a beliver until he desires for his brother that which he desires for himself.

Your (Muslim) brother...

"No one of you is a believer until he desires for his brother that which he desires for himself." (An-Nawawi's Forty Hadiths)

Firstly, it is in the Hadith (collected some 150 years AFTER the Quran)

Secondly, we know that Islam discriminates against those who are NOT "your brother". The Hadith above applies ONLY to "your brother" i.e. your fellow-Muslim.

An-Nawawi's Forty Hadiths. This is the book of the Islamic scholar Yahia bin Sharaful-Deen An-Nawawi (1233-1277). The book is now known as "An-Nawawi's Forty Hadiths". This is a popular small book in which the author gathered forty two of the sayings of prophet Muhammed.
--CLICK HERE --

It is also recorded in Bukhari (probably the most important Hadith collector there was).
--CLICK HERE --

Bukhari: Volume 1, Book 2, Number 12:
Narrated Anas:
The Prophet said, "None of you will have faith till he wishes for his (Muslim) brother what he likes for himself."

:-?

Islams golden rule

Gary_Bee,

Is that anything like Christian breathern? Those who are called brothers in Christ. Is the muslem faith saying brother as in brothers in Islam?

Muhsen, the whole world will never become Muslim. What will happen to those don't?
Are you supposed to kill them or something?

The Gator

If the Muslims don't endorse murder, then why do they trust Mohammed who murdered? It would be complete insanity for me to put my life in the hands of a murderer! that in itself is an oxymoron!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back