Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

It seems like Christ say's that this is the End Time in verse 22-23!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
JLB, one last try.....
Was Joseph's father literally the sun? Was is mother literally the moon? Were his brothers literally stars?
No, the sun, moon, and stars are prophetic language that can be used to represent other things besides the literal sun, moon, and stars. Was Joseph's dream prophetic?

Isa 13:1 The burden of Babylon, which Isaiah the son of Amoz did see.

Isa 13:9 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it.
Isa 13:10 For the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light: the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine.

Isa 13:17 Behold, I will stir up the Medes against them, which shall not regard silver; and as for gold, they shall not delight in it.

Prophetic language depicting the destruction (desolation) of Babylon by the Medes.
Actually the Lord used the Medes to destroy Babylon.

When Jesus said He was the light of the world, did He mean physical light?

This was a dream that God gave to Joseph, using the sun, moon and stars as symbols to show Joseph the future, and his family would bow down to him.

You, on the other hand told us that the sun, moon and stars represent the nation of Israel and their system of government.

This is NOT what the symbols of the sun, moon and stars represent in Josephs dream.

That is my point.

Jesus told us plainly that the sun would be darkened, which is what the prophet Zechariah foretold about the days when the Lord would return, with all His saints.

I showed you the comparative language of both Zechariah and Jesus.

You seem to want to ignore what they say, in favor of your "own" interpretation, based on Joseph's Dream.

JLB

This was a dream that God gave to Joseph, using the sun, moon and stars as symbols to show Joseph the future, and his family would bow down to him.

You, on the other hand told us that the sun, moon and stars represent the nation of Israel and their system of government.

This is NOT what the symbols of the sun, moon and stars represent in Josephs dream.

That is my point.

Jesus told us plainly that the sun would be darkened, which is what the prophet Zechariah foretold about the days when the Lord would return, with all His saints.

I showed you the comparative language of both Zechariah and Jesus.

You seem to want to ignore what they say, in favor of your "own" interpretation, based on Joseph's Dream.

JLB

I have not given Joseph dream a different interpretation! The dream as a whole was just what you said it was about.

Please hear my words.....I did not say that the sun, moon, and stars were ALWAYS used in the same way. I said they are used as prophetic language.

And I gave several examples where they were used to describe a nation and their destruction, judgement from the Lord.

OH and .....Who was Joseph's father, Jacob (Israel). Who were he and his brothers, the 12 tribes.

Please address the other scriptures where these symbols are used for the destruction of nations, such as Babylon, Egypt, etc. or don't.

I post what I see, I'm not here to change anyone's mind or to win a debate. Just share. :)

I have not given Joseph dream a different interpretation! The dream as a whole was just what you said it was about.

Please hear my words.....I did not say that the sun, moon, and stars were ALWAYS used in the same way. I said they are used as prophetic language.

And I gave several examples where they were used to describe a nation and their destruction, judgement from the Lord.

OH and .....Who was Joseph's father, Jacob (Israel). Who were he and his brothers, the 12 tribes.

Please address the other scriptures where these symbols are used for the destruction of nations, such as Babylon, Egypt, etc. or don't.

I post what I see, I'm not here to change anyone's mind or to win a debate. Just share. :)

15 "Therefore when you see the 'abomination of desolation,' spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place" (whoever reads, let him understand), 16 then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 17 Let him who is on the housetop not go down to take anything out of his house. 18 And let him who is in the field not go back to get his clothes. 19 But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days! 20 And pray that your flight may not be in winter or on the Sabbath. 21 For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22 And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect's sake those days will be shortened. 23 Then if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!' or 'There!' do not believe it. 24 For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25 See, I have told you beforehand. 26 Therefore if they say to you, 'Look, He is in the desert!' do not go out; or 'Look, He is in the inner rooms!' do not believe it. 27 For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. 28 For wherever the carcass is, there the eagles will be gathered together. 29 "Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Why do you think Jesus said - Now learn the parable... right here in verse 32. Because He was announcing to His Disciples that what He was about to say was parabolic imagery.

Notice that He explains the significance of the parabolic imagery to them so they understood what point He was making.

This tells us that everything before this statement was to be taken literally.

32 "Now learn this parable from the fig tree: When its branch has already become tender and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near.33 So you also, when you see all these things, know that it is near--at the doors!

JLB

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back