Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Jesus Did Not Explicitly Mention Trinitarians Or Non-Trinitarians In The Bible.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Thursday 2-1-24 5th. Day Of The Weekly Cycle, Shevat 20 5784, 42nd. Winter Day

Has Jesus mentioned anything about Trinitarians Or Non-Trinitarians? Yet we have our beliefs.

Should we not just have one? Explanation Of Unity: Ephesians 4:4-6

Love, Walter And Debbie
It's interesting to observe the Trinitarian reaction to Ephesians 4:4-6.

One body: Amen! :clap
One Spirit: Amen! :clap
One hope: Amen! :clap
One Lord: Amen! :clap
One faith: Amen! :clap
One baptism: Amen! :clap
One God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all: No! :nono

It's interesting to observe the Trinitarian reaction to Ephesians 4:4-6.

One body: Amen! :clap
One Spirit: Amen! :clap
One hope: Amen! :clap
One Lord: Amen! :clap
One faith: Amen! :clap
One baptism: Amen! :clap
One God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all: No! :nono
Who's "God"? What does "God" means to you? A diety among other imaginary lords of natural elements? A supreme being above mankind? The complex three in one? Or just a curse word? Not just a question to you, but all around here. "God" is one of the words that have been abused and spammed so much that it has lost its meaning. We must keep in mind of its biblical definition in Gen. 1:1 - the Creator of heavens and earth, first and foremost. He created this world for us to live, and he created the angels as overseers. These angels are known as "sons of God" in the OT and principalities, rulers, power and diminions in the NT, which are their ranks like duke, earl, viscount and baron. They're often worshiped as deities in polytheistic cultures, but they are just overseers of the world, God created both these overseers and the world. He is defined by his role and his accomplishment as the Creator, the Lord of all, and the Most High above all these other deities. The term "father" is an athropomorphic title which alludes to a father's traditional roles of the provider and the protector in the family, that doesn't mean God biologically inseminated any woman like the "sons of God" did in Gen. 6:3-4. So before you dive into the rabbit hole of the Holy Trinity, you must have a clear definition of "God".

Who's "God"? What does "God" means to you? A diety among other imaginary lords of natural elements? A supreme being above mankind? The complex three in one? Or just a curse word? Not just a question to you, but all around here. "God" is one of the words that have been abused and spammed so much that it has lost its meaning. We must keep in mind of its biblical definition in Gen. 1:1 - the Creator of heavens and earth, first and foremost. He created this world for us to live, and he created the angels as overseers. These angels are known as "sons of God" in the OT and principalities, rulers, power and diminions in the NT, which are their ranks like duke, earl, viscount and baron. They're often worshiped as deities in polytheistic cultures, but they are just overseers of the world, God created both these overseers and the world. He is defined by his role and his accomplishment as the Creator, the Lord of all, and the Most High above all these other deities. The term "father" is an athropomorphic title which alludes to a father's traditional roles of the provider and the protector in the family, that doesn't mean God biologically inseminated any woman like the "sons of God" did in Gen. 6:3-4. So before you dive into the rabbit hole of the Holy Trinity, you must have a clear definition of "God".
According to Ephesians 4:4-6 the one Lord, Spirit, and God is the Father. The same is repeated in John 17:3 among many other verses and passages. That's what everyone believed at the beginning.

I think there may be some confusion about this since the Bible also calls Jesus Lord, but the Father is also Lord, especially the Lord of heaven and earth (Matt 11:25) and the Creator of such (Acts 17:24). I would add that Jesus is never called the Lord of heaven and earth, therefore Jesus isn't Lord in regards to that sense.

There is a hierarchy. There is the One Lord who is the God and Father of all and is over all and there is Jesus who is Lord of the church since only those in Jesus' church belong to Jesus.

According to Ephesians 4:4-6 the one Lord, Spirit, and God is the Father. The same is repeated in John 17:3 among many other verses and passages. That's what everyone believed at the beginning.

I think there may be some confusion about this since the Bible also calls Jesus Lord, but the Father is also Lord, especially the Lord of heaven and earth (Matt 11:25) and the Creator of such (Acts 17:24). I would add that Jesus is never called the Lord of heaven and earth, therefore Jesus isn't Lord in regards to that sense.

There is a hierarchy. There is the One Lord who is the God and Father of all and is over all and there is Jesus who is Lord of the church since only those in Jesus' church belong to Jesus.
I'm not talking about Jesus, I'm just talking about your perception of God. If you don't get God's role and character from Gen. 1, you get the idea of God wrong, then no other bible verse matters. If you don't know what God really means, how can you know what God in the flesh means - or any hierarchy?

Last edited:
I'm not talking about Jesus, I'm just talking about your perception of God. If you don't get God's role and character from Gen. 1, you get the idea of God wrong, then no other bible verse matters. If you don't know what God really means, how can you know what God in the flesh means - or any hierarchy?
I know who God is beginning at Genesis 1:1 which is why I pointed out that the Father (YHWH) is the Creator according to Matt 11:25 and Acts 17:24. In the beginning the Father created everything alone.

Isaiah 44
24Thus says the LORD,
your Redeemer who formed you from the womb:
“I am the LORD,
who has made all things,
who alone stretched out the heavens,
who by Myself spread out the earth,

I know who God is beginning at Genesis 1:1 which is why I pointed out that the Father (YHWH) is the Creator according to Matt 11:25 and Acts 17:24. In the beginning the Father created everything alone.

Isaiah 44
24Thus says the LORD,
your Redeemer who formed you from the womb:
“I am the LORD,
who has made all things,
who alone stretched out the heavens,
who by Myself spread out the earth,
Well then, at least we're on the same page. The Eternal Creator of the Universe is His primary title and identity, all other titles like the Lord or the Father are secondary, they indicate our relationship with him. This is very important, you know, these days the same word could bear very different meanings to different people, especially the most abused words like God, freedom and love.

That's what everyone believed at the beginning.
Maybe not everyone. There were for many centuries before Christ worshipers of a woman in heaven and some kind of 'trinity' (I never looked into it as it is pagan) that reportedly was dragged into the "christian doctrines" to receive more of the world's people (more numbers, more power, more money, more control)
but that's all neither here nor there for those abiding in Jesus and trusting Him and His Word.

Maybe not everyone. There were for many centuries before Christ worshipers of a woman in heaven and some kind of 'trinity' (I never looked into it as it is pagan) that reportedly was dragged into the "christian doctrines" to receive more of the world's people (more numbers, more power, more money, more control)
but that's all neither here nor there for those abiding in Jesus and trusting Him and His Word.
There are still those who worship a woman as the Mother of God, unfortunately. That's an unfortunate result of what happens when deifying a human being descended from Adam. When "Son of God" equals "God the Son" then the bed one makes is that Mary becomes God the Mary.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back