Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Just another Manic Monday? (oh-oo-woh!)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
M

MrVersatile48

Gosh-er-uni-tunes! (quoth the late, lamented & kinda crazy BBC Radio 1 DJ, Keeny Everett - spinning in his groove, no doubt!)

I never knew that '70s girl band, The Bangles, were such profoundly philosophical social commentators, did you, viewers?

Today's http://www.metro.co.uk - placed free on UK city buses - reports a survey by FX Channel

They say that 1-in-3 Brits go to work with a hangover on Mondays, that 80% said that the feeling of dread at the start of the working week kicks in on Sunday night, that lack of sleep makes 'Minging Monday' the most hated day of the week, with 1-in-4 oversleeping & 36% contemplate phoning in sick

Of those who make it to work, 17% are likely to argue with a colleague & 15% consider leaving their job - 10% openly admit having been violent @ work on a Monday

22% say it's the most unproductive day of the week & of the 1000 surveyed, 58% said it's hard to sleep the night before going back to work

Earlier reseach said 20% more folk die of a heart attack on a Monday than on any other day

FX Channel presenter said, 'The secret of making Monday more bearable is to have something to look forward to in the evening'

In my long career, I've deliberately gone for the widest variety of jobs I could, so I could relate to as many kinds of folk as I can, being a poet/songwriter/evangelist

Proverbs has much to say @ the value of putting effort into what we do - 'consider the ant...'

Sense of calling sure helps too

Ian

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back