Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Just as I am

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

lost

Hi,
I've come to the conclusion, after carefully studying my behavior during the time I thought I was a Christian, that I really am not one. I've been hypocritical, wearing a mask, but all with the intentions to seek Jesus out. I may be wrong. I may be hard on myself and really a Christian. But it's so hard to know. I have doubts and fears, I've never had a time where I just knew I was Christian for more than a day or so. I want to give my life to the LORD. But I'm trapped in sin. Does he take you "just as I am" like the songs goes? Because that's the only way I know how to reach him. I'm desperate.

Aren't we all trapped in sin every now and then? It doesn't mean we are no longer Christians. It just means we turn to Christ each time for strength to overcome our weaknesses, and He will give you the strength. Some take longer than others. God never says there's a time limit. No matter how long it takes, God is patient, kind and merciful. Take heart and stay close to God. Find a church and seek help for healing and deliverance. I will most certainly pray for you.... :pray

Welcome to CF.net and hope you feel blessed ! :salute

Yup just as we are. Then we are washed in the Blood of the Lamb. Some of us have/need a longer washing cycle then others..

:thumbsup tina

Hi,
I've come to the conclusion, after carefully studying my behavior during the time I thought I was a Christian, that I really am not one. I've been hypocritical, wearing a mask, but all with the intentions to seek Jesus out. I may be wrong. I may be hard on myself and really a Christian. But it's so hard to know. I have doubts and fears, I've never had a time where I just knew I was Christian for more than a day or so. I want to give my life to the LORD. But I'm trapped in sin. Does he take you "just as I am" like the songs goes? Because that's the only way I know how to reach him. I'm desperate.
Personally it is those who profess absolute certainty and experience never a waver or doubt that trouble me. So often they sprout up quickly and shine only to fall over.
When we come to realize that our salvation is entirely the result of His graciousness, and we cannot of our own add anything, the result is both fear and assurance, the Loving Savior and the Condemning Judge , are one in the same. The stakes are unimaginably high, eternal, and we should remember first ,it is God Almighty we are dealing with.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back