Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] "know your place!"

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Ugh. Me, yet again.

Today is another day that The Lord hath made; rejoice and be glad in it. Thing is...that's not optional, nor is it a suggestion. Its in there because we are being --told-- to do this, to rejoice in each new day that He blesses us with.

I just get a bit...frustrated. I see now that The Lord has been and is good to me, and to my family, and to His other children, too. I went out to my car this morning. My parents park in a carport (its an older house); I park outside, under a big ole holly tree. So, I'm heading out there, and some redneck over next door says "yeah, congratulate (my former shrink...long story, clearly)." Ouch.

But, hey; taunts are nothin' compared to what came before and to what could have happened, could be happening, etc. I get a bit frustrated because the rumor mill has it that I've got felonies and such. I actually-by a miracle!--ended up with a very serious misdemeanor. Now, for --me--, that clearly means even less possibility that anyone around here will hire me, of course. Then again...I don't think anyone around here was ever going to hire me, for anything, at all. The times I worked in this area, "mental health professionals" went out of their way to make working a living hell, because...well...they had their jargon, their labels, etc., but...they weren't making more $$$ off my family+me, and they wanted to keep me down and control every aspect of my life, etc. Sounds...well, "crazy," I'm sure....but listen to me on this one: psychiatry is often simply a form of control, oppression, even...honestly, at times, "psychiatric treatment" is straight up modern day slavery. The Lord spared me throughout, and now I'm saved+set free, forgiven...and completely different, inside and out (which is a --huge-- blessing, because if I was still short, homely, and burned out, I don't think my parents would have reconciled with me...).

OK. I want to Praise The Lord (!!!) for His infinite mercy, love, compassion, goodness, in all likelihood...straight up pity, even...on --me-- , someone who definitely needed all of the above, in a big big way, but...no one can claim to be entitled to anything from God. I'm starting to --get-- that now, which really makes His work in my life and in the lives of others....all the more amazing.

I get the sense that life is rough when you're severely brain damaged and stigmatized, sick, etc. "Nothing personal," etc. The Lord spared me and provided what I needed to get genuinely, truly saved. Now, He's blessed me, beyond measure, even though...well, even a lot of the church people around here saw me as fit only for punishment, pain, etc. Again: "don't take it personally," I suppose.

Thanks for reading, and thanks for the prayers+support, replies, etc. :)

Praying brother. Discounting personal condemnation that could account for some of what you face, remember that you are not only of God, but in His Son, and He in You, and -
2Ti 3:12 tells us: Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.
Now with this as truth I like to put the cart before the horse in pasting the scripture that came just before this showing its result.
2Ti 3:11 . . what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back