Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Lanky people

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Classik

Do lanky people need excercise? I mean to exercise the body?

Do wiry figures need to exercise the body...are they not already fit by such a build?

Yes,they still need to exercise.Just because they are thin does not mean they do not have a family history risk of diseases such as heart disease.

one of our church doctors on health issue made the statement. And some were very amazed: Do not think because one is thin or very slim that one is automatically fit and does not require any form of physical exercise.

It made sense to a lot of people. Perhaps they thought those that needed exercise were people who have gained incredible weight

Yet it is astonishing that some of the so-called fat people are physically more fit than the wiry ones.

Of late I have seen strabge things

Everyone can gain for eating a healthy diet and exercising regularly.Their have been many who have had Open Heart Surgery who thought they were the healthiest person alive and doing all the right things :)

Everyone can gain for eating a healthy diet and exercising regularly.Their have been many who have had Open Heart Surgery who thought they were the healthiest person alive and doing all the right things :)
mil is underweight and is nearly kosher and had a triple bypass.

Matthew 6:25-34 New King James Version (NKJV)

Do Not Worry

25 “Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? 27 Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?
28 “So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; 29 and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?
31 “Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. 33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

Take care of your body but don't worry about it.

Yet it is astonishing that some of the so-called fat people are physically more fit than the wiry ones.

Of late I have seen strabge things

There are people who can eat anything and everything and stay thin. They have a high metabolism rate.
Others have to watch what they eat, lower rate of metabolism.
So what we see doesn't always give us the facts.

If I were skinny I probably wouldn't look as short as I do.

Anyways, I'm glad this thread was brought up. Being skinny certainly doesn't excuse you from a healthy lifestyle.

If I were skinny I probably wouldn't look as short as I do.

Anyways, I'm glad this thread was brought up. Being skinny certainly doesn't excuse you from a healthy lifestyle.
No it does not.But those who are heavier especially those 300 lbs or heavier have more health risks.Especially with diabetes.

No it does not.But those who are heavier especially those 300 lbs or heavier have more health risks.Especially with diabetes.
Why is it always diabetes? And they often suffer severe palpitation and perspiration...and also breathe heavily. A 3 minute walk may seem like a 3hr walk to some...and by the end of it you notice a tremendous reaction of their body to that short trek.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back