Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] let the past die

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Everybody has a past, and everybody "goes through it," especially when there's poverty involved. I'm beginning to realize how blessed I am, and how blessed I was even while I was "going through it."

In my case, getting over the past is kinda hard because people in the neighborhood like to remind me of "who I REALLY am," which is ridiculous. I really am more than a conqueror in Christ Jesus. I really am a forgiven child of God. The people who want me to realize who I "really am" are no better than me, and never were morally superior to me. These former counselors, shrinks, in particular, need to leave me alone...but that may never happen. I'm not "anti-psychiatry," but I've had my fair share of abusive Mental Health, and I'm quite tired of it. I think what bothers me is that very few people care what "mental patients," especially the "trouble makers," go through. If you're low status, you're supposed to accept abuse. You talk back, you're a trouble maker. You complain, you're a cry baby. Its an impossible situation...

...or, I should say, its impossible...without Christ. Christ has blessed me in so many ways, its unbelievable. And I'm just **1** person He's chosen to save. Now, I'm realizing I need to die to self daily and chalk up this nonsense I'm getting from other people as "just the way the world works." Stigma, low status, maybe some persecution in there for good measure...yup. That's the "real world" for ya.

I'm putting this on the prayer subforum because...well...its easy to write it out, it feels good...its harder to live it out. And I can't do it in the flesh, I've just now realized that. Psychobabble will only get you so far (not very, btw). I need God's help to let a past that was largely wiped out of my mind by shock die, completely.

Thanks. :)

I'm pleased you're finding the strength to put an unpleasant history behind you. I pray you continue to grow in Christ, and reach the point where the past is irrelevant and you are able to pray that God's Grace will descend upon your tormentors and fill their hearts with love.

Brother CE, on another thread we're discussing Paul's thorn in the flesh that he wouldn't be exalted above measure, and it becomes a suitable situation for us all as we remain dependent upon, and near to the heart of God as it were while in our desperate situation.

With you past attitude, can you imagine where you would be today even in today's society? What a miracle to see you here reaching daily to God and His abundant grace.

Stigma? Can you imagine what Paul faced, even though he had a direct commission to take the word to the Gentiles as their apostle, and yet when attempting to align himself with others he found him to be an outcast.
Acts 9:26 And when Saul was come to Jerusalem, he assayed to join himself to the disciples: but they were all afraid of him, and believed not that he was a disciple.

My burden may be worse than yours, or lighter, but it is our attitude versus need that which succeeds as beneficial to our spiritual lives. As God's work in progress, it is these very things that make us overcomers according to God's strength in us. I remember my pastor once talking of his mother relating to the worst sin in her life, and that as a child; she took a candy without paying for it, and it was such a thing to be forgiven of for years. The need produced provided not only the needed remission, but deliverance for her, and glory to our Savior. We cannot discount small things, and there is no sin too large. Praise God in all things.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back