Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Library Books

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

JM

I'm helping to build a church library from the ground up, which 10 books would you say are a must read/have?

j

I have enough books and tapes and videos to fill a church library! Mostly books and audio tapes.

It would be interesting to take an inventory and see exactly how much I've accumulated throughout the years.

What exactly are you looking for in terms of the following:

Adult ,Teen, childrens books?

How is it going to be organized?

Books, audio tapes, movies?

Strictly Baptist material?
IF so, what sect of Baptist?

Conservative or liberal?

Makes a huge difference.

There is a Baptist church in my neighborhood that is great, but they don't go outside of their "sect" and they are considered conservative as compared to other churches of the same denomnination.

Do you want strictly Baptist resources?

Calvanistic resources?

Liberal resources?

Modern day resources. (some conservative churches don't allow "modern day" resources.

There are many publishing companies that can provide a list of reading matierials that would be apporpo to your denomination.

Zondervan Publishing House
David C. Cook Publishing Co.

The options of publishers from which to choose are endless also.

How big is this church?
Are you starting a new church or is an already established church just building a library?

Need more details :angel:

:)

Jason said:
I'm helping to build a church library from the ground up, which 10 books would you say are a must read/have?

j

Good topic - sorry it hasn't gotten anymore attention - it is a shame :crying:

Brother - apparently nobody reads or is interested anymore so I thought my family would give you our two cents worth:

1. Practical Religion - J.C.Ryle
2. Pilgrims Progress - John Bunyan
3. The Precious Things of God - Octvius Winslow
4. All Things For Good - Thomas Watson
5. The Crook in the Lot - Thomas Boston
6. The Christian Directory - Richard Baxter
7. John G. Paton - Missionary to the New Hebrides
8. The Young Lady's Guide - Harvey Newcombe
9. The World Conquered by the Faithful Christian - Richard Alleine
10. Keeping the Heart - John Flavel

We trust this helps

May God bless 8-)

The first one that comes to mind is: Behind the Glittering Mask

More details....

Well, it's a fundamental Baptist Church and with a mix of Calvinists...very conservative and looking to start by building our collection with conservative Baptist books and general Christian fiction. Our church is filled with people between 20-35, our teen/youth group is just starting to gain members. It was just 3 years ago the church had 24 members, it now has over 50 with attendence of 115 on Sunday mornings. :biggrin

jason

Back