Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Praise __] life - in Christ - goes on...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
yup. Praise God! :)

a couple of weeks ago, the burglar alarm was tripped at my place. Its...one of those new, DIY things...install it yourself, get monitoring if you feel like it. I went for monitoring, just because...bullying, intimidation, missing coffee maker (No really), and...yeah. So...

the company apparently called my dad, while I was on my way to my parents' place. I turned around, waited for the cops. no big shakes. maybe a false alarm? but...yeah...maybe not. but, hey; nothing was missing, and maybe the cops coming out will be a good deterrent for any future nonsense. -fingers crossed-

more importantly...

my parents are doing well. mama seems to be warming up to my DIY vitamin cocktail (Orthomolecular plus a couple of antioxidants). She had some joint issues, so I bought a big bottle of astaxanthin that I've been taking and told her to at least try it. and...

-not a miracle- but the higher dosage (12mgs caps) seems to be helping with reducing flare ups and then also the intensity of flare ups. And I feel blessed to be able to help my (hard working, loving, kind, long suffering) mother, of course. :)

dad's doing well. I kind of think...he's doing better in life, overall, at part time (semi retired, basically) than he ever did before. He is healthy (!) and he's doing volunteer stuff, too.

Me? -shrug- I filled a prescription today. Pharmacy techs seem to come and go at this small town, big box pharmacy I go to. I've heard they're hard on the pharmacists and brutal on the pharm techs, so...makes sense. anyway...

the latest one was making snarky comments about me. that kinda thing....waxes and wanes, has since I moved back to the home area a bit over 10 years ago, now...and what to say, honestly? I'm really...just here to get a prescription. -really- but I wasn't so much angry as I'm just...trying to pray and reflect and even if I can't fully -get- what's going on around me (with more than adequate support and my own place and good health....because of Jesus, of course...it raises the obvious question: why bother wondering -why- ?), then at least not get so overly-analytical and weird about it. I mean...

I think I handle it reasonably well. But I'm not a member of this community, no local friends or family other than my parents. some worker men...out in front of my building the other day...were saying things, and I don't -know them- and it happens sometimes in convenience stores and...on and on...

I dunno. everybody's gotta live somewhere, and I"m blessed to be -here- (indicates me-sized, modest but quite nice, place...), so...there's that...

I would...like to have something of a social life, its just...-how- ? I don't...consider myself super duper lonely, just...I dunno...someone, a decent human being or two, to chill with and have over now and then or...ugh. -pray about it-

sorry to ramble. 38 is coming up! not super super soon, but...sooner than I think, lol. what to make of it? Close to 40, but what does that even -mean- , especially with Christ's work in my life? Not that 40 is/was ancient, to begin with, just...

I dunno. I think part of God's work in my life has been/is for me to -grow up- at long last...as a new creation in Christ Jesus. not that I'm on level with most 38 years olds (maybe that's one reason God has willed for me to look a bit younger? breathing room...), but...

God is Love. God is Good. and, in Christ...

my life -- my real life -- goes on. :)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back