Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Lonely Feelings

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
G

Forgive me if this is the wrong section , but basically , I just feel lonely here right now . Its hard not finding many people like me ,so I mostly just keep to myself . I thought I would be used to it by now , but at the end of the day , you can't beat loneliness

God said He would never leave us or forsake us. Jesus was forsaken and He knows what it feels like to be lonely and deserted by those who professed to love Him.
His word tells us to draw close to Him and He will draw close to us, in this there is no lonliness.
I pray God will lead you to a body of believers who love Him and will share your burdens. If you don't have that please pray about it until you get an answer.

But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head. Psalm 3:3

Psalm 42:
5 Why are you downcast, O my soul?
Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
for I will yet praise him,
my Savior and 6 my God.
My soul is downcast within me;
therefore I will remember you
from the land of the Jordan,
the heights of Hermonâ€â€from Mount Mizar.

7 Deep calls to deep
in the roar of your waterfalls;
all your waves and breakers
have swept over me.

8 By day the LORD directs his love,
at night his song is with meâ€â€
a prayer to the God of my life.

9 I say to God my Rock,
"Why have you forgotten me?
Why must I go about mourning,
oppressed by the enemy?"

10 My bones suffer mortal agony
as my foes taunt me,
saying to me all day long,
"Where is your God?"

11 Why are you downcast, O my soul?
Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
for I will yet praise him,
my Savior and my God.

Sounds like depression. Have you checked with your doctor?

Yeah, lonelyness is extremely difficult... how you doing day to day?

....destiny did give a nice verse to meditate on...

I'll keep you in my prayers that God may draw close, and that He might find others who can appropriately draw close to you.

What is your situation, B? Are you a college student away from home, a single adult, a high-school kid? Sorry if you've posted this before, but I really don't know much about you.

I was 38 before I ever met someone who loved me. I spent a lot of years wondering what was 'wrong' with me. Was I too short, too ugly, too smart, too stupid, too whatever. I realize now that I wasn't "too" anything but anxious. Frankly, I wasted too much time worrying about things. Sometimes I wish that I could reclaim those years. If I could go back, there would be so much about my life as a single person that I would appreciate a lot more. But, no one can go back in time.

Life's good now though, love my hubby, love my kids! It was a long wait, but it happened and when it did it was wonderful. But, although life is good, is isn't any more or less perfect than when I was alone and lonely. I have much less time to do the things I'd like to do. I get frustrated a lot more easily. There was a lot more freedom when I was single. Sometimes, when everything I did on Monday is a mess on Tuesday mornings, and my kids are angry with me and my husband is gone at work from early in the morning to fairly late at night, I get really overwhelmed and think back about the days when it was just me and the cat.

I guess what I'm saying is that there are some things that just don't change, even when situations change. Lonliness is bad, but when lonliness gets replaced by a sense of being overwhelmed by responsibilities, well, that's bad too. The thing is we need to learn that God is sufficient.

God is sufficient. If anyone around here who really struggled with deep lonliness has figured that one out and how to apply it, please share!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back