Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Looking at/for The New Jerusalem

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I have not generally been a reader of alternate theories in the past. This thread I thought I might look around a bit.

I do not subscribe to the following link. In fact I feel they missed their spiritual conclusion (which comments I will possibly post about later).

There is a spiritual understanding of the God created world. Some think of taking a physical understanding or a physical understanding.

IMHO you look at the physical creation, and pray about what spiritual understanding is hidden in the physical.

The parable of the sower is key to all this.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

The new Jerusalem is yet future. It parallels and is related to the coming of God's Kingdom Mat 6:10
Luke 16:16 kjv
16. The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.

IMHO the kingdom has been on the way down since John the Baptist. John the Baptist taught Repentance and believe in the one who comes after me.

John 1:33 kjv
33. And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.

The prophets prophesied the coming of Messiah, and told of the law being placed in hearts and minds.

Revelation 3:20 sounds present tense.

The kingdom may not be totally here, but it appears it was coming down, and we are still headed toward The Day.

eddif

Luke 16:16 kjv
16. The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.

IMHO the kingdom has been on the way down since John the Baptist. John the Baptist taught Repentance and believe in the one who comes after me.

John 1:33 kjv
33. And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.

The prophets prophesied the coming of Messiah, and told of the law being placed in hearts and minds.

Revelation 3:20 sounds present tense.

The kingdom may not be totally here, but it appears it was coming down, and we are still headed toward The Day.

eddif
All will know when the Kingdom comes, it will affect every single individual on the face of the earth.
(Revelation 1:7) . . .Look! He is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, and those who pierced him; and all the tribes of the earth will beat themselves in grief because of him. Yes, Amen. . .
I do agree however that with the start of the last days, citizens of that Kingdom are being gathered Isa 2:2-4

All will know when the Kingdom comes, it will affect every single individual on the face of the earth.
(Revelation 1:7) . . .Look! He is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, and those who pierced him; and all the tribes of the earth will beat themselves in grief because of him. Yes, Amen. . .
I do agree however that with the start of the last days, citizens of that Kingdom are being gathered Isa 2:2-4
Pentecost affected everyone on the face of the earth, but especially Jerusalem. The gentile Pentecost (gentile inclusion) helped continue/broaden the picture.

There was a great sound. There was fire. Representatives from every nation of earth was there.

People sold goods and shared with others.

Was it the Resurrection? No. When you deal with with types and shadows, you have to be very careful.

Here I sit/stand in end times forum. I think it is good to discuss our differing thoughts. There is a coming absolute end of time. We are headed there. We do not just fold our hands and sit, soak, and sour till the army arrives.

New Jerusalem is still coming down from heaven, and IMHO had major starts with:
Kingdom teaching by John the Baptist, Jesus, Sons and Daughters, the New Testament Books of the Bible, revelations in gatherings. I can supply Bible references on any statement. If I can’t I can by grace regroup.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Matthew 5:14 kjv
14. Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
15. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.

In modern times we tend to see the skyscrapers, the lights, the fountains, the parks, etc.
But
The city that really attracts the world is the minds of Christi in us that is light in the middle of darkness.

We are the city. We are the temple of the Holy Spirit.

Are we complete yet? No.

We announce the coming resurrection.

1 Corinthians 15:52 kjv
52. In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

1 Peter 1:23 kjv
23. Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

However, we are seed. Not the full grown plant yet. We are not yet what we will be. We must die to self to bring forth fruit.

A city proclaiming what eyes should see. Clear enough that the world should see the second coming of Jesus.

Jesus places in us the mind of Christ. Can we be clear enough that others can see him coming? We are the humble light.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Now here lies our through a glass darkly.
Levels of understanding

Isaiah 61:3 kjv
3. To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.

Reminds me of:
God the Father
God the Son (suffering servant)
God the Holy Spirit
One God with agreement across the parts.

We are ground (heart)
We are a planting of the Lord (Jesus)
Trees of righteousness (Christ in us)

We are talked about as individual men
We are talked about as a corporate body
Christ in us (quickening spirit)
Us in Christ (as he is seated in heaven)

One is an ear, one an eye, one a hand…….

The mind of Christ can comprehend all this, but our complete understanding only comes at the last trump.

The head of the duck went over the fence before the tail.

Some think
Some see the barriers (way?)
Some see details

All this makes that city.

The seed has all the information for all the whole plant and it’s functions. The seed DNA is capable for directing everything.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Back