Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Looking For Miracles In All The Wrong Places

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I have herd this story from old pastor of mine this is how it goes.

Once there was this man in the middle of a huricane with rising flood waters around him. A bus pulled up to the man, "Hop in and I will take you to safety" the driver said, "No thanks" the man replied "God told me he will save me." Later as the waters reached his waiste a boat came and the driver said "Come in and we will take you to safety." Once again the man replies "No thanks, God is going to save me." The water soon reached his neck and a helicopter came over head and a rescue worker dropped down and said "Take my hand and I will take you to safety." The man just said "No thinks, God is going to save me." Soon the waters went over the mans head and he drowned. While in heaven he asked God, "Why didn't you save me?" God replied "I sent you a bus, a boat and a helicopter but you refused, there was nothing I could do."

The message to this story is loud and clear, when we pray and ask for God's help don't be looking for some extravegant, eye popping miracle for our God is a simple God and will do things in a simple manor. So when you ask God, Please help my house is being robbed and a police officer shows up, that is your answer. Or you r house in fire or your pipes burst or computer breaks, don't just say "Oh well I will sit here on my butt and do nothing because God will help me." Another point to this is God helps those who help themselves, in the story help came to the man through the aid of god but that doesn't always happen either, need help call someone that is what they are there for and ask God's advice on who to call, don't think that God is magicaly going to fix your TV, after all he is not our slave but he is always there to lend a helping hand should we need him and he will help in way that he wants to whether it is sendinga repairman, doctor, policeman, or anyone. Or maybe what needs to be done can't be done by man and if God sees it as something that needs done he will do it himself, just be careful you don't turn down Gods help because you are expecting to help you out personaly, I don't want you to end up like the man in this story.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back