Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Lord, Lord, didn't we?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
This is apparently a scene from the judgment of the damned, John 5:29.

Jesus said, "Not everyone that says to me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the Kingdom of heaven; but he that does the will of Father which is in heaven" Matthew 7:21.

The will of the Father is that we trust in his Son Jesus Christ for our salvation.

This scene concerns some people that have been denied entrance into heaven and they are presenting their cases.

"Lord, Lord, have we not preached in your name? and in your name cast out devils? and in your name done many wonderful works? Matthew 7:22.

These are people that believe that they have contributed something towards their salvation that should save them and allow them into the Kingdom of heaven.

Maybe some said, "But Lord, Lord, wasn't I a member of the Catholic church"? Or others might say, "Lord, Lord, I was a believer in John Calvin. Whatever it was they thought it should merit them eternal life.

After Jesus had heard their cases he said, "I never knew you" He never knew them because they had never called upon Jesus to save them, Romans 10:13. They were trying to be saved by what they did or by what they had become.

In the judgment we will be identified by God's mark, which is the Holy Spirit. If you don't possess the Holy Spirit you are not one of his. It is like the man that tried to enter the wedding feast without the wedding garment on that represented the righteousness of Christ, Matthew 22:11-14.

Jesus will say to those imposters that are trying to get into the Kingdom of heaven by their own merits, "Depart from me, you that work iniquity." Matthew 7:23. There are only two places to go, will it be heaven, or will it be hell?

This is something that I've ruminated on for some time. One begins to realize the scope of God's discerning ability when you think about all the intricacies involved in properly judging someone. I think often on what it takes for Him to make these hard decisions. He gives us so many chances (Isaiah 43:15-16) to repent and turn to Him. Thank you for making this post. Shalom.

This is something that I've ruminated on for some time. One begins to realize the scope of God's discerning ability when you think about all the intricacies involved in properly judging someone. I think often on what it takes for Him to make these hard decisions. He gives us so many chances (Isaiah 43:15-16) to repent and turn to Him. Thank you for making this post. Shalom.
People are without an excuse today.

Cast out devils?
Yes, they were casting out devils in the name of Jesus and doing many other wonderful works. Unfortunately, they didn't believe that he was their savior. Many are trying to be like Jesus, instead of trusting in him to save them from their sins.

Back