Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] loser since high school...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
...my memories have been returning. It just dawned on me: few people in US society needed Jesus more than me. I mean, l-o-s-e-r since high school. The day I wandered into my HS with orangey, inexpertly bleached hair, was the beginning of the end.

Now, things are different. I'm 30. I'm healthy. I look younger than my age for some reason. I'm not a drug addled flamer anymore. I have a saving knowledge of Christ Jesus.

I don't mean to whine or whatever, but its hard...if you're a loser in HS, odds are strongly against you doing anything all that great with your life. I was lost and wretched and Jesus found me. Now, I have to *do* something, but...the question is...what?

Usually, age 25 is it for people. Who you are at 25, what you're doing at 25, that's it. If you're in grad school or already in a career, great. If you're not...oh well. Better luck next time, buddy.

I'm not looking to be super successful. "Neither poverty nor riches." The big one is trying to get out of poverty. By myself, I'm poor. I'd be institutionalized and/or incarcerated, possibly homeless or dead, were it not for my affluent parents. They're only behind me because of God's work in their lives and in their hearts.

Then again...Jesus never said He was a career counselor, lol. I have a good place to live, good food to eat, I can recover from...life, lol. Personal sins, the sins of self-righteous hypocrites against me, the pain of being a loser in a fallen world.

I'm hoping to get a job, one day. The economy seems to have tanked :-( I'm ordering a Writer's Market as soon as amazon makes them available to see about writing for publication. I like to write short stories. I could potentially inherit some from my grandmother. Life could be much worse.

Please pray for me to find my way :)

...my memories have been returning. It just dawned on me: few people in US society needed Jesus more than me. I mean, l-o-s-e-r since high school. The day I wandered into my HS with orangey, inexpertly bleached hair, was the beginning of the end.

Now, things are different. I'm 30. I'm healthy. I look younger than my age for some reason. I'm not a drug addled flamer anymore. I have a saving knowledge of Christ Jesus.

I don't mean to whine or whatever, but its hard...if you're a loser in HS, odds are strongly against you doing anything all that great with your life. I was lost and wretched and Jesus found me. Now, I have to *do* something, but...the question is...what?

Usually, age 25 is it for people. Who you are at 25, what you're doing at 25, that's it. If you're in grad school or already in a career, great. If you're not...oh well. Better luck next time, buddy.

I'm not looking to be super successful. "Neither poverty nor riches." The big one is trying to get out of poverty. By myself, I'm poor. I'd be institutionalized and/or incarcerated, possibly homeless or dead, were it not for my affluent parents. They're only behind me because of God's work in their lives and in their hearts.

Then again...Jesus never said He was a career counselor, lol. I have a good place to live, good food to eat, I can recover from...life, lol. Personal sins, the sins of self-righteous hypocrites against me, the pain of being a loser in a fallen world.

I'm hoping to get a job, one day. The economy seems to have tanked :-( I'm ordering a Writer's Market as soon as amazon makes them available to see about writing for publication. I like to write short stories. I could potentially inherit some from my grandmother. Life could be much worse.

LORD, bless this man for a job, and ce you are NOT a loser.

signed a man who thought he was loser at that age and was working min wage jobs then.

Your words could be the hidden momentum to a new career, were they not a story told twice. Short stories seem to be an excellent source of income to those gifted with an imagination. I do believe with your involvement in school you will be introduced to skills formally unknown to you. Take what God gives you and go with it. Sometimes opportunity just seems to appear, and it's good to have been ready when it comes. Praying for you brother.
:wave2

If you keep on telling the whole world negative things about yourself................. before long, they will begin to believe them just as much as you do.

God has blessed me immensely. Its just weird, having memories return to you. Also, people around here remember me from when I was ugly, victim of psychiatry (read: obviously brain damaged, dead eyed, tardive dyskinesia), and broke. Therefore, they say I "don't know my place in society" and that I'm "just a factory worker."

I would work in a factory, if I had the skill set. Well, that and factories around here are always downsizing and moving and cutting positions and...it seems a dead end. Plus, I'm in "recovery from mental illness" (truth: I'm recovering as much from psychiatric "treatment" as from any real or imagined "illness").

"Recovery" doesn't exclude a job, but being the pariah with minimal work history and a fresh misdemeanor just might, lol. Good thing my people are behind me and I'm blessed with the opportunity to go to Liberty and do well. I'm already learning a lot, especially now that I'm in microeconomics.

God has blessed me immensely. Its just weird, having memories return to you. Also, people around here remember me from when I was ugly, victim of psychiatry (read: obviously brain damaged, dead eyed, tardive dyskinesia), and broke. Therefore, they say I "don't know my place in society" and that I'm "just a factory worker."

I would work in a factory, if I had the skill set. Well, that and factories around here are always downsizing and moving and cutting positions and...it seems a dead end. Plus, I'm in "recovery from mental illness" (truth: I'm recovering as much from psychiatric "treatment" as from any real or imagined "illness").

"Recovery" doesn't exclude a job, but being the pariah with minimal work history and a fresh misdemeanor just might, lol. Good thing my people are behind me and I'm blessed with the opportunity to go to Liberty and do well. I'm already learning a lot, especially now that I'm in microeconomics.
Well, care for a little truth of the world?
I don't even know you, and I am beginning to form the same opinions as your neighbors. Why? Because you, by your own words, are doing a very effective job of convincing me.
You seem to like Bible verses. What does the Bible say about that?
"As a man thinketh, so is he."

How about laying off all the stories about who and what you seem to keep wanting to tell people you WERE, and giving us some reports on how you went out into the world, and did something for someone else?

Yes, there is the feeling of having to hide behind our pasts, so that everyone keeps on complimenting us on how far we've come, and how well we are doing..... BUT there is a trap in that. And unsuspecting, well-meaning people will help (enable) you to stay ensnared in that mode forever if you do not take it upon yourself to find the courage to step out and let yourself be seen and evaluated for what you do here and now.

We have to earn our way in the world ahead of us, NOT keep telling people that we're damaged goods, and we need to be seen as a half-fulfilled person from here on out.

30 is young! The future is yours. Keep studying, and by 33 you'll have a degree. keep writing, and keep sending stuff for publication until someone accepts it, and you have the chance of being an established writer long before you hit 35. Keep seeking God's will, and you will find yourself a valued servant of Christ. Now there's success!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back