Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Love

Are you answering this question truthfuly?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

YosefHayim

I've been praying for a more loving heart which loves others with the love of Jesus Christ.

I want to be more than a friend to others, but family also. I desire an altruistic heart - a 1 Corinthians 13 heart.

And then I fall into sin thenceforth beating myself up. Lust is a plague. How can I love with that?

I'm socially awkward and don't hang around with anyone. And I fantasize about having a wife. And it makes me feel like a joke because I desire such, but can barely start a conversation and be assertive, nor hangout with anyone (save for one person whom I made friends with in HS).

The thing is, even if I don't have a wife I want to be a husband. A husband, a father, and brother to anyone.

Jesus said, For whosoever shall do the will of my Father who is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

And as I walk as Jesus' brother, sister, and mother I want to be family to Christian brothers and sisters.

I've been praying for a more loving heart which loves others with the love of Jesus Christ.

I want to be more than a friend to others, but family also. I desire an altruistic heart - a 1 Corinthians 13 heart.

And then I fall into sin thenceforth beating myself up. Lust is a plague. How can I love with that?

I'm socially awkward and don't hang around with anyone. And I fantasize about having a wife. And it makes me feel like a joke because I desire such, but can barely start a conversation and be assertive, nor hangout with anyone (save for one person whom I made friends with in HS).

The thing is, even if I don't have a wife I want to be a husband. A husband, a father, and brother to anyone.

Jesus said, For whosoever shall do the will of my Father who is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

And as I walk as Jesus' brother, sister, and mother I want to be family to Christian brothers and sisters.
Dear Brother Yosef, we act upon our desires in one manner of the other. Fear to do so is a lack of faith in our abilities, and as so we turn to God; hopefully you have.

James 4:2 Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.

Mat 21:22 And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive. When you ask God for friends, are you looking at you, or believing God and His power. There is Proverbs 18:24, A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly . .

Psa 38:9 Lord, all my desire is before thee; and my groaning is not hid from thee. God knows your hurt, your wants, and He is able to deliver you from defeat, and to His will for you all the days of your life; trust Him.

As God’s children we read in Eph 2:10, For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works . .

And remember Php 2:13, For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. God is not finished with you Yosef. I have seemingly just rambled while seeking for scripture to meet you need. I am praying for you and may you experience all blessings in Christ Jesus.
:wave2

Last edited:
But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Matthew 6:33 NKJV
For I know the plans that I [a]have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11 NASB

Your prayer for a loving heart is a beautiful prayer, and one we should all be praying.

God will surely answer you. If you can model your life on 1 Cor 13, you will be a blessing to many people.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back