Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Loving Animals More Than Humans

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I have not heard of Arky Vaughn before and if I did I don't remember. But as I was saying earlier I love animals and I have this great love for Dolphins and Elephants, and I would not mine being a crusader to help protect them, and if I am asked I would do it. But I can't put them over humans, even though you want to sometimes because humans can be so mean spirited. And another thing that I hate just like Jay Leno, and that is when people dress their dogs up like people hats coats shoes you name it. Now the dog would not put that stuff on if he could.

try not feeding them :)

I sent that silly song to Free a while back some thread was talking about unicorns.... the tune is STUCK in my head :help

Which silly song was that? Was it the llama song...

[video=youtube;KMYN4djSq7o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMYN4djSq7o[/video]​

or the duck song?

[video=youtube;MtN1YnoL46Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q&feature=related[/video]​

unicorn song

I hate the dumb clothes on the dogs/cats.

Granddaughter was 5 or 6 dressing up the cat was funny. Some thing are best left in childhood.

unicorn song

I hate the dumb clothes on the dogs/cats.

Granddaughter was 5 or 6 dressing up the cat was funny. Some thing are best left in childhood.

But they're so cute!

vip_cotton_polo_dog_pet.png

1616654_f496.jpg

hotdog.jpg

yhst-12096210823712_2081_28055567.jpeg

I think in some ways its easier to "love" animals more than people. C.S. Lewis wrote about the different kinds of love and the love for animals was a lower sort than either the friendly sort of love or the agape love that humans can show for each other.

Humans talk back. Humans have problems, beliefs, troubled pasts, uncertain futures. People are complicated. A cat, a dog, a pet bird--they're cute; you feed them, take them to the vet, they keep you company, its an ideal relationship if you can't handle actual human beings.

Whilst I understand where you're coming from and enjoy your thinking, my take on it is that humans can be very tiresome and egotiscical. It's not that us animal lovers can't handle it - we just can't be bothered to. Why deal with other people's problems when they have probably created those problems themselves? Animals are pure beings without baggage and the connection between them and us is unconditional.

Whilst I understand where you're coming from and enjoy your thinking, my take on it is that humans can be very tiresome and egotiscical. It's not that us animal lovers can't handle it - we just can't be bothered to. Why deal with other people's problems when they have probably created those problems themselves? Animals are pure beings without baggage and the connection between them and us is unconditional.
So you put a animals life over a humans ?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back