Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Lucy (2014) - Movie about mark of the beast or evolution?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

YosefHayim

I was listening to music Spotify and an advertisement came on. And then some (speculations?) came in.

The advertisement starts with the character playing on the 10% brain hoax which has been used by New Agers to support supernatural mental abilities such as psychokinesis.

He went on to explain that something was implanted in a female character, as he said 20 percent did this power, 60 percent did this power, and when asked what 100% did he was clueless. This is not verbatim, of course.

The female characters voice is heard explaining that something was implanted in her and it affected her mind.

If you knew anything about Transhumanism (no, it's not a conspiracy), you would know that in short it is an attempt to push forth the evolution agenda by advancing humans using genetics and technology. Google executive Ray Kurzweil takes 150 vitamins a day in an attempt to cheat death that he may see the day robots keep humans alive. Nick Bostrom, Swedish philosopher at St. Cross College, University of Oxford, writes studies and supports transhumanism.

These people are deluded by the lie the ancient serpent called Satan told Eve (Genesis 3:5): "Ye shall be as Gods". Lucifer in Isaiah said "I will exalt my throne above the most high". Transhumanists say they will kill people to be God

Here is a chart from his site that explains the super-human abilities which would be achieved through this experimentation.

image001.gif

The female character in Lucy said "They put something inside me that makes me use 100% of my brain".

Funny that Lucy is usually a short hand for Lucifer. Such as the Vatican's L.U.C.I.F.E.R. telescope.

While it's a drug that is taken in the movie, the character's mind is affected. The mark of the beast is a mark on the head or hand. Which is why it's the mind that's affected in the movie Lucy.

This commercial made me recall a film I saw called "Predictive programming and the microchipping agenda" which asserted that the media would be used to slowly condition people to be ok with a concept which would turn out to be the mark of the beast. One example would be that popular celebrities could be used to sway the youth into a new "trend".

Likewise, with a search on the movie I found this similar conclusion. I guess I'm not alone:

This movie helps push the scientific and New Age ideology of “the next level of human evolution”, in which we transcend beyond what we are now. And of course, who doesn’t want to be better? That’s where the lie grabs us and takes hold onto the weakness of our flesh. I truly believe that it is this ambition to transcend that will lead people to accepting the mark of the beast. If you’ve had a hard time understanding why people would knowingly accept something that would send them to hell, then pay attention to movies like Lucy. They make transcendence look cool to those without eyes to see. These are just my opinions on the matter and only time will tell exactly how it will play out.
http://ministerfortson.com/?p=33281

Meanwhile Google glass has come out with a device that allows the user to control the device with the mind. http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/technology-science/technology/google-glass-sensor-uses-power-3836379

Google-Glass-Main.jpg

The mind is a precious thing. Don't let the works of wickedness take control.

Jesus Christ warned us to be on our toes and not to be deceived (Matthew 24).

Paul warned us that there are spiritual powers that we will fight against (Eph 6). We wrestle not against flesh and blood.

Scripture tells us these powers can not deceive us, overpower us, or separate us from God when we are in Christ Jesus. (Romans 8:38-39; 1 John 4:5)

Jesus told us not to fear those, such as transhumanists, which could only kill the body.

The book of Philippians tells us to guard our minds. It says And finally brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report, if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

I want to be a watchman on the wall preaching the whole council of God.

Trust in Yeshua HaMashiach.
Lord open our eyes
tyndale-strangled3.jpg

Last edited:
A theory is that transhumanism will make person a like a golem. Golems were mythical creatures in kaballah, which took a mark to the hand and head, and a scroll in the mouth. Golems were made from clay. People played god by creating clay figures to make them come to life. Transhumanism is like alchemy. Transhumanism will offer empty promises such as eternal life. People will have to take a mark in the head or hand and worship the beast with their mouth.

See: The Golem Project

No. We should be using our biblical understanding to discern where Hollywood and many other facets are leading people. Clearly I'm not saying to get a biblical understanding from movies; that's a complete misrepresentation of what I'm saying.

I'm making a biblically based observation of where things are heading. It's odd to see where things are headed, and how the media tends to push forth these ideas while people pass by as though it's mere entertainment.

This is why media should be avoided.

You should check out Why Jesus? By Ravi Zacharias.

Last edited:

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back