Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Major Healing

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

golfjack

I just received a letter from Kenneth Hagin Ministries, which stated that a boy who was born with Down syndrome, webbed feet, and an extra finger on one hand, and after a prayer cloth received from a youth Pastor from Rhema was placed on the child, his feet became unwebbed, the extra finger fell off, and tests showed no Down syndrome. Praise God!!!!!!!!!!!!

May God bless, golfjack

It's not that I don't believe that God is still capable of performing such miracles because He is, but with all the false claims of miracles taking place I would need to see proof.

Well, That is the problem with Christians today. They only believe what they can see, just like Thomas. Many have not been taught that it is God's will to heal, and also need to realize that all sickness and illness comes from the enemy. Sometimes healing comes right away or it may be a process of perseverance. WE can release healing in our lives by saying to that mountain of sickness, I declare healing in the name of Jesus. Just study Mark 11:23-24.

May God bless, golfjack

COOL! :-D

Jon-Marc, God does indeed still work great and awesome miracles today. I have experienced many of them. It takes faith to believe that God can. That God wants to. That God will. It takes a humble spirit to ask, to believe.

There are so many reasons why miracles don't take place. I just might have to start a thread on unbelief, if golfjack does not beat me to it. :smt115

Golf - I believe in the power of God to perform miracles through men. However, any miracle of itself alone, does not validate any man or 'ministry' before God.

What concerns me when I hear of 'miracles' such as this is they are often 'wrought' by people (and ministries) whose foundation is questionable.

When a man prophesies, declaring it to be of God, and the prophecy does not come to pass, then I would say he is a false prophet. When a miracle is then reported to have been performed by this man or his 'ministry' then certainly I question whether it be of God or not.

mutzrein said:
Golf - I believe in the power of God to perform miracles through men. However, any miracle of itself alone, does not validate any man or 'ministry' before God.

What concerns me when I hear of 'miracles' such as this is they are often 'wrought' by people (and ministries) whose foundation is questionable.

When a man prophesies, declaring it to be of God, and the prophecy does not come to pass, then I would say he is a false prophet. When a miracle is then reported to have been performed by this man or his 'ministry' then certainly I question whether it be of God or not.

Well said
Consider the source. I would need to see before and after pics as well as video and a letter from 2 doctors. That wof clan has a very tarnished reputation.

http://www.christianresearchservice.com/Word-Faith.htm

http://www.christianresearchservice.com/Benny_Hinn.htm

Just to name few

Praise God !!!!!!

What right do any of us have to take Gods Glory!!!!!

Lord, I thank you for all the healings that you do daily, Healings we will never even hear about....
I praise you in Jesus name.

I think there is some healthy skepticism shown in this thread. Thee have been many fake healings that one has to be careful about just blindly accepting the claims of another.

If this healing were true, it would provide some scientific validity for God.

But it would also raise so many more questions as well. Why would God choose to heal one child with Down's Syndrone but ignore all the rest? Are they not equally deserving? If God is willing to help one, why not all?

Quath said:
I think there is some healthy skepticism shown in this thread. Thee have been many fake healings that one has to be careful about just blindly accepting the claims of another.

If this healing were true, it would provide some scientific validity for God.

But it would also raise so many more questions as well. Why would God choose to heal one child with Down's Syndrone but ignore all the rest? Are they not equally deserving? If God is willing to help one, why not all?

Scripture has much to say on unbelief, unanswered prayer, etc. The answer to the questions "Why" or "why not" can be had, if one knows 'how' to ask it properly.
God is not fickle. Man is.

Back