Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Mayan - December 21, 2012

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

I'm sure most, if not all, of you are familiar with the Mayan prophecy of December 21, 2012 "according to which cataclysmic or transformative events will occur." [Wiki 2012 Phenomenon]

It is silly to think that God would actually give true knowledge of the day He chooses to a group of people that ripped hearts out of living beings to appease the gods. But there is another consideration.

2 Kings 25:1 And it came to pass in the ninth year of his reign, in the tenth month, in the tenth day of the month, that Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon came, he, and all his host, against Jerusalem, and pitched against it; and they built forts against it round about.
The historic events of the Bible are written to show...they will again happen. They are types, examples....giving us warning:

1 Corinthians 10:11 Now all these things happened unto them for examples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.
If 2012, as the Mayans predict, is the year...then the tenth day of the tenth Hebrew month is our December 21-23. As the types in all clues given must hold true then nine years from that time is 2003 which is when the one appointed by the king of Babylon began to reign. Historically it was Zedekiah. Who in our time was appointed by the king of Babylon (Satan) and has reigned for nine years?

Islam​

The big event of 2003 was the Iraq war and since that time Islam has been on the march.

Rather than 12/21/12 being the end of the world...could it point to when the fake christ arrives? Could it be the "tenth month, in the tenth day of the month, that Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon came, he, and all his host?"

When he does, whether this year or another, it will be the time of great tribulation "such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time" [Matthew 24:21]. The great tribulation is the time of...great deception, great spiritual wickedness!

Ephesians 6:12 (666) For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

I'm sure most, if not all, of you are familiar with the Mayan prophecy of December 21, 2012 "according to which cataclysmic or transformative events will occur." [Wiki 2012 Phenomenon]

It is silly to think that God would actually give true knowledge of the day He chooses to a group of people that ripped hearts out of living beings to appease the gods. But there is another consideration.

2 Kings 25:1 And it came to pass in the ninth year of his reign, in the tenth month, in the tenth day of the month, that Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon came, he, and all his host, against Jerusalem, and pitched against it; and they built forts against it round about.
The historic events of the Bible are written to show...they will again happen. They are types, examples....giving us warning:

1 Corinthians 10:11 Now all these things happened unto them for examples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.
If 2012, as the Mayans predict, is the year...then the tenth day of the tenth Hebrew month is our December 21-23. As the types in all clues given must hold true then nine years from that time is 2003 which is when the one appointed by the king of Babylon began to reign. Historically it was Zedekiah. Who in our time was appointed by the king of Babylon (Satan) and has reigned for nine years?

Islam​

The big event of 2003 was the Iraq war and since that time Islam has been on the march.

Rather than 12/21/12 being the end of the world...could it point to when the fake christ arrives? Could it be the "tenth month, in the tenth day of the month, that Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon came, he, and all his host?"

When he does, whether this year or another, it will be the time of great tribulation "such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time" [Matthew 24:21]. The great tribulation is the time of...great deception, great spiritual wickedness!

Ephesians 6:12 (666) For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

The end of the world on Dec 21, 2012 is male bovine fecal matter. God plainly says...

Deu 13:1 If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder,
Deu 13:2 And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them;
Deu 13:3 Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the LORD your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.
Deu 13:4 Ye shall walk after the LORD your God, and fear him, and keep his commandments, and obey his voice, and ye shall serve him, and cleave unto him.
Deu 13:5 And that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams, shall be put to death; because he hath spoken to turn you away from the LORD your God, which brought you out of the land of Egypt, and redeemed you out of the house of bondage, to thrust thee out of the way which the LORD thy God commanded thee to walk in. So shalt thou put the evil away from the midst of thee.

And this was Jesus Christ speaking.

So did the Mayans faithfully serve the Eternal God? They performed human child sacrifices...

Deu 18:10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch,
Deu 18:11 Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.
Deu 18:12 For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee.

The end of the world on Dec 21, 2012 is male bovine fecal matter. God plainly says...

Deu 13:1 If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder,
Deu 13:2 And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them;
Deu 13:3 Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the LORD your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.
Deu 13:4 Ye shall walk after the LORD your God, and fear him, and keep his commandments, and obey his voice, and ye shall serve him, and cleave unto him.
Deu 13:5 And that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams, shall be put to death; because he hath spoken to turn you away from the LORD your God, which brought you out of the land of Egypt, and redeemed you out of the house of bondage, to thrust thee out of the way which the LORD thy God commanded thee to walk in. So shalt thou put the evil away from the midst of thee.

And this was Jesus Christ speaking.

So did the Mayans faithfully serve the Eternal God? They performed human child sacrifices...

Deu 18:10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch,
Deu 18:11 Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.
Deu 18:12 For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee.

Thank you John for your reply. I agree with what you are saying but you are missing the point of the OP. IF there is ANY validity to the Mayan prophecy the question I'm raising, as I know it is not a GOD given prophecy, is it then a Satanic prophecy? Rather than it being God's chosen date it is the time Satan arrives pretending to be Christ?

Matthew 24:21-24 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened. Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

24:29-30 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Thank you John for your reply. I agree with what you are saying but you are missing the point of the OP. IF there is ANY validity to the Mayan prophecy the question I'm raising, as I know it is not a GOD given prophecy, is it then a Satanic prophecy? Rather than it being God's chosen date it is the time Satan arrives pretending to be Christ?

Matthew 24:21-24 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened. Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

24:29-30 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

It is not of God, so who is it from? So if this prophecy is not of God, my reaction is to put no stock in it and pretty much ignore it.

Things to really look for? 10 kings in Europe. Some catastrophe in Israel (bloody war with Iran for instance) that will cause them to begin the daily sacrifices again. A great religious leader coming to Jerusalem to bring peace and a declaration of "peace and safety".

Things in this nation, worsening drought. Worsening disease epidemics. Financial setbacks. Military conflicts. Losing our place as the greatest nation in the world.

These are all supported by Biblical prophecy and are valid signs.

It is not of God, so who is it from? So if this prophecy is not of God, my reaction is to put no stock in it and pretty much ignore it.

As I said...it is Satanic.

Things to really look for? 10 kings in Europe. Some catastrophe in Israel (bloody war with Iran for instance) that will cause them to begin the daily sacrifices again. A great religious leader coming to Jerusalem to bring peace and a declaration of "peace and safety".

LOL. All I see to still happen would be the arrival of the one bringing peace. That would/could be filled by the prophecy under discussion.

Things in this nation, worsening drought. Worsening disease epidemics. Financial setbacks. Military conflicts. Losing our place as the greatest nation in the world.

These are all supported by Biblical prophecy and are valid signs.

LOL. Again. What are you waiting to see? How much worse does it need to be to be seen as the prophesied signs?

Islam​

Christ said no one knows when the end will come...and that includes the Mayans.

We need to get ourselves ready and be prepared to see our Lord

As much as I like calendars, clocks and sundials, we have to remember that a calendar (or timepiece) is man's invention to simulate (in an average manner) what he sees in the heavens. The only true calendar is the one the Lord introduced again in Exodus and it is kept by the sun, moon, stars and agricultural cycles. You often hear about esoteric groups and whatnot who have the secret of "God's calendar" as if the calendar would disappear if they did not hold onto practicing it. That's not true. The heavenly bodies are there like giant clock hands accurately "keeping the time and date" whether mankind does so or not. God made it that way.

Now, in the case of the Mayan's, I believe they were taught, or I should say gained passed-down knowledge from the Genesis 6 incident when the "sons of God" taught men these things. Astronomical knowledge was one of the things they taught, and yes I agree with the other posters that this was demonic trying to imitate and substitute the things of God, not the least of which is a calendar. So, I don't take that date very seriously. As a matter of fact, the bible says "the time of Jacob's trouble" must come first before the Second Coming of Christ. December 21, 2012 is almost already here. Surely a lot would have to transpire, including the Kingdom age before the world would supposedly end on that date! You can't fit 10 pounds of fudge in a 5 pound bag, and likewise all that the bible predicts is not going to possibly transpire between now and December 21, 2012.

Now, if I had my say, I would look at some other dates, particularly in 2014 and 2015 regarding the lunar tetrads coming up. I am not predicting the end of the world then, either, but I would consider that more significant, but that's another topic for another thread.

As much as I like calendars, clocks and sundials, we have to remember that a calendar (or timepiece) is man's invention to simulate (in an average manner) what he sees in the heavens. The only true calendar is the one the Lord introduced again in Exodus and it is kept by the sun, moon, stars and agricultural cycles. You often hear about esoteric groups and whatnot who have the secret of "God's calendar" as if the calendar would disappear if they did not hold onto practicing it. That's not true. The heavenly bodies are there like giant clock hands accurately "keeping the time and date" whether mankind does so or not. God made it that way.

Now, in the case of the Mayan's, I believe they were taught, or I should say gained passed-down knowledge from the Genesis 6 incident when the "sons of God" taught men these things. Astronomical knowledge was one of the things they taught, and yes I agree with the other posters that this was demonic trying to imitate and substitute the things of God, not the least of which is a calendar. So, I don't take that date very seriously. As a matter of fact, the bible says "the time of Jacob's trouble" must come first before the Second Coming of Christ. December 21, 2012 is almost already here. Surely a lot would have to transpire, including the Kingdom age before the world would supposedly end on that date! You can't fit 10 pounds of fudge in a 5 pound bag, and likewise all that the bible predicts is not going to possibly transpire between now and December 21, 2012.

Now, if I had my say, I would look at some other dates, particularly in 2014 and 2015 regarding the lunar tetrads coming up. I am not predicting the end of the world then, either, but I would consider that more significant, but that's another topic for another thread.

Thanks for posting..makes sense to me:wave.

Christ said no one knows when the end will come...and that includes the Mayans.

We need to get ourselves ready and be prepared to see our Lord

Christ did not say no one knows when, He said...

Mat 25:13 Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

Mar 13:32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

He also said...

Mat 24:32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
Mat 24:33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.
Mat 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

Now there is some disagreement about what "this generation" means. I, personally, believe it is the generation extant when you see all these things, others say it was that generation at that time. That is not the discussion here, so we won't go into that. Anyhoo, Christ did say...

Mat 25:13 Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

Mar 13:33 Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is.

Mar 13:37 And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.

Last edited by a moderator:

When a mayan was interviewed about this question, What does the end of the calender mean? He simply said, "The men of wisdom will return." Most likely this will be the nephilim that currently live inside the earth. The "return" will be them making themselves known to the public. At this point I imagine they will take on the alien personna. Next, letting us know that they created us, gave us our religions and beginnings of civilization and they are now back to bring us to the next stage. Look at the conditioning. The ancient alien shows on the history channel. All of the alien themed movies and t.v. shows as of late. The only problem is wisdom actually means sorrow. Not saying this will happen for sure. Who knows.

Most of the stuff surrounding 2012 prophecy is psuedo-historical, psuedo-spiritual and psuedo-scientific.

Take a look at this excellent documentary by Chris White:

[video=youtube;AUnINDZolDY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUnINDZolDY&list=PL90D80ED4B1AD85A0&index=44&feature=plpp_video[/video]

When a mayan was interviewed about this question, What does the end of the calender mean? He simply said, "The men of wisdom will return." Most likely this will be the nephilim that currently live inside the earth. The "return" will be them making themselves known to the public. At this point I imagine they will take on the alien personna. Next, letting us know that they created us, gave us our religions and beginnings of civilization and they are now back to bring us to the next stage. Look at the conditioning. The ancient alien shows on the history channel. All of the alien themed movies and t.v. shows as of late. The only problem is wisdom actually means sorrow. Not saying this will happen for sure. Who knows.

Yes, I can dig what you said. What did Jesus say? "As in the days of Noah....." And what was running around in those days? Scary stuff.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back