Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Meatloaf

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
The Bat out of Hell album was produced by Todd Rundgren, who also played most of the guitar on the album. That motorcycle revving up in the middle of the Bat out of Hell song, that's Todd on guitar! Haven't heard a guitar before or since that sounded like a motorcycle. :yes

Vic C. said:
The Bat out of Hell album was produced by Todd Rundgren, who also played most of the guitar on the album. That motorcycle revving up in the middle of the Bat out of Hell song, that's Todd on guitar! Haven't heard a guitar before or since that sounded like a motorcycle. :yes
Jimi Hendrix on one of his albums, was doing that motorcycle sound, I am trying to remember which one.

:confused I don't recall the Jimi song either, but I don't put it past him. He was able to get all kinds of sounds from the guitar. You know, I heard "Bat" hundreds of times. It wasn't until a few years ago; I had the headset on, the song came on and as I'm listening to that part of the song, it finally dawned on me... that was the guitar and not a recording of a motorcycle. :biggrin

Absolutely LOVE Meat Loaf. Especially with Ketchup!! (kidding)

This man has one of the most phenomenal voices and is such a showman. I used to have all of his Cds but my ex pawned them to supply his drug habit. :sad The ex is gone and I am almost done completing my Meat Loaf collection again. :)

One of my faves by him is a little known song called, "Surfs Up". Great vocals in that one.

I really like some of his stuff. I feel guilty about how much I like "Paradise by the Dashboard Lights". Unfortunately, his shallowness is only equaled by his lack of adult-like thinking. I read his autobiography, and he still talked like a 12 year old. I was expecting someone who had eased over the years, but I think he stopped maturing when he was in the 5th grade. :gah

"Big Country" could make their guitars sound like bagpipes. It was weird to watch them on stage, you wanted to think they were faking it and a set of pipes must have been off stage... but I know for a fact they actually did do it.

I really like some of his stuff. I feel guilty about how much I like "Paradise by the Dashboard Lights".

I really like that song too, but I find myself not listening to the words as much as I do the music. You cannot help but tap your foot to the beat. Don't feel guilty. I won't tell if you won't. :tongue

"Big Country" could make their guitars sound like bagpipes. It was weird to watch them on stage, you wanted to think they were faking it and a set of pipes must have been off stage... but I know for a fact they actually did do it.
I remember them! I thought it was bagpipes. :lol

Brian May, of Queen fame, gets all kinds of sounds from his guitar and takes pride in letting us know he didn't use synthesizers. :yes

I really like some of his stuff. I feel guilty about how much I like "Paradise by the Dashboard Lights". Unfortunately, his shallowness is only equaled by his lack of adult-like thinking. I read his autobiography, and he still talked like a 12 year old. I was expecting someone who had eased over the years, but I think he stopped maturing when he was in the 5th grade. :gah
I'll listen to that song just to here Ellen Foly's vocals. A great, powerful voice for sure. :yes She refused to do the Bat out of Hell tour (saw that at the Beacon Theater in NYC) and Karla DeVito got the job.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back