Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Mind Altering Substances

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Pard

Please just consider this a thought exercise. I am specifically wording my question to avoid various issues that can be brought up do to legality.

So, most of the known mind altering substances are illegal. Some are not, however. In this way these substances do not conflict with God's commandment to obey the laws of the land. Are these legal mind altering substances OK to take than, from the Christian perspective?

Please just consider this a thought exercise. I am specifically wording my question to avoid various issues that can be brought up do to legality.

So, most of the known mind altering substances are illegal. Some are not, however. In this way these substances do not conflict with God's commandment to obey the laws of the land. Are these legal mind altering substances OK to take than, from the Christian perspective?
No. For the same reason the Bible speaks against drunkenness.

I take the same line as Free.

The Bible speaks against mind altering substances. Parts of Proverbs come to mind here, as well as some of Paul's letters. It is generally meant as drunkenness, but the intent is clear- substances that are mind altering are not pleasing to God at all. We are to flee such substances.

Remember that God's law comes before the law of the land. :yes

Are you including ciggarette smoke? How about psychotropic medications and etc.? Even certain foods can change your mood. That's the definition of a drug. A drug is any substance that changes the way that you feel.

Last edited by a moderator:

Abortion is legal does that make it alright in GODS eyes? Just because something is legal doesn't mean the LORD gives it his stamp of approval. Just my 2 cents.:)

here hte netherlands weed is kind of legal.
and i am glad i didnt have to adress this issue coz the last time i did i got banned over it.

i have medication/pharmacutical drugs.
i am busy trying to stop smoking weed and drink as litlle ber as possible
i have to if i want to make something of my life, i'd love to leave this institute.

last saterday i had a fall back in smoking crack (that rimes however it's not funny)
i have been clean for four years with some fall back the past few months including last saterday.

here in the netherlands weed is basicly as good as legal, which if i know correctly isnt actually legal. (btw i heard california was about to be going on such a tour too)

for netherlands standards using drugs is kinda stupid really(then i mean hard drugs) but even that is(i look it up) tolerated a lot.
there's even places where the people can use in a users room, it's really for when your at rock bottom.

my own opinion is that as long as it doesnt harm you it is up to yourself what substance you do or do not use.
i smoke normal shag for example which is an addiction but in my eyes there is nothing wrong with it.

i have not much more to say on this besides asking a question.

what do you think about praying or doing mental work(like making a song) under influence of substances. most important i find praying or just reasoning??

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back