Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] More join in prayer for common good!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
M

MrVersatile48

From http://www.crosswalk.com

Christians Pray in Public for the Common Good

A new trend emerged during the annual Evangelical Alliance’s Week of Prayer in Germany: More Christians prayed in public for the common good.

According to ASSIST News Service, approximately 400,000 participants were registered during the interdenominational prayer meetings, January 7 – 14.

Many Christians took part in several meetings; therefore the German Alliance estimates that at least 150,000 individuals participated in the Week of Prayer. This constitutes nearly twelve per cent of the 1.3 million evangelicals in Germany, as the Alliance’s General Secretary Hartmut Steeb told the evangelical news agency idea.

According to Steeb many prayer meetings focused on social concerns such as unemployment, education, pollution and the integration of immigrants.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This reminds me that, @ the turn of the last 3 centuries, God gave many folk a passion to pray together & poured out major revivals as a result

More folk are crying out to God today than ever before & we see God fulfilling Joel 2 promises of 'latter rain'

15 Blow the trumpet in Zion,
declare a holy fast,
call a sacred assembly.

16 Gather the people,
consecrate the assembly;
bring together the elders,
gather the children,
those nursing at the breast.
Let the bridegroom leave his room
and the bride her chamber.

17 Let the priests, who minister before the LORD,
weep between the temple porch and the altar.
Let them say, "Spare your people, O LORD.
Do not make your inheritance an object of scorn,
a byword among the nations.
Why should they say among the peoples,
'Where is their God?' "

The LORD's Answer

18 Then the LORD will be jealous for his land
and take pity on his people.
19 The LORD will reply [a] to them:
"I am sending you grain, new wine and oil,
enough to satisfy you fully;
never again will I make you
an object of scorn to the nations.

23 Be glad, O people of Zion,
rejoice in the LORD your God,
for he has given you
the autumn rains in righteousness. [e]
He sends you abundant showers,
both autumn and spring rains, as before.

28 "And afterward,
I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
your old men will dream dreams,
your young men will see visions.
29 Even on my servants, both men and women,
I will pour out my Spirit in those days.

Pentecost was like Israel's 'early rain' - @ the spring of church history

Israel's 'latter rain' is the greater rain that prepares the harvest - just as we see 'men's hearts faint for fear as they see calamities coming upon the world'

Many Christians worldwide gather on Wed night to pray & study God's Word

We in the west need to heed Revelation 3:18-20

18I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see. 19Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest, and repent. 20Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me.

Must go

Ian

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back