Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] My Dad

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
L

Livin'4Jesus

I really need some prayer for my Dad. He doesn't know Jesus and right now, he's into all kinds of drugs. He's not the father I used to know. One time my sis called him and he couldn't remember who she was. She gave the phone to me and went off crying. When I started talking to him, he remembered and sounded like he felt really bad. Last time I talked to him, I had to repeat a whole bunch of things. He's not in good shape. I never really get to see him because we live a few hours away and I'm just worried of one day, finding out he'd died or something. Please pray for him! Love you all! God Bless!

O God of righteousness and salvation. I come to You today on behalf of R.L.'s dad... unsaved and sinking fast. I ask Your action and support in turning this father towards You O God. I ask You to do whatever needs to be done that would cause him to see Your love and truth in life. I ask You to box him in, that he would be forced to choose and would indeed see the victory and choose Christ and life. I ask all this in the name of our risen Lord, Christ Jesus... amen

Deke

I pray that you will stay strong in your faith and I pray that God will reach out His hand and tap your father on the soul.

Livin'4Jesus!

I do understand you. I know how you feel coz I had this kinda situations with my Dad too. My Dad likes to drink too and he is very weak in this area.
You know, I am gonna pray to God that He will rule over the situation you are in right now. But remember that nothing happens to us against God's will. He knows what He is doing.
Be just strong and faithful! God is with us!

I will keep you, your father, and your family in my prayers. The best advice I could give right now is lean on the Almighty Father.

Hey

My dad as well is not the father that I use to know. He has become what Satan wants him to become and doesn't realize that there are things in life that are more inportant in life than him wanting to do what he wants when he wants to do it. I think that we all need to pray for all the dads out there. Whether they are saved or not they all need prayer. But I will pray for your dad as well as line. Hopefully he won't pull you down with him. Keep strong and hold onto those things that you hold dear in life like God. :Fade-color :Fade-color :Fade-color :Fade-color :onfire: :usa :onfire: :Fade-color :Fade-color :Fade-color :Fade-color

It's me again...

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone that responded. Yes, we should defintly pray for all the fathers out there and ladies, let's pray for our future husbands that God is looking after for us. I called my Dad a couple or more weeks ago and he answered but didn't say hi. I could just hear him breathing on the other side of the line. I said hi and how are you doing and all this stuff but he still just breathed and didn't answer me. I started thinking something's wrong and so I just said Dad over and over and then I heard a nasty couph and a click. It was like a nightmare! Acouple days just after that I went to a presentation. A guy was explaining what he's seen and he mentioned that people doing drugs could get really sick or die and something else. I'm so thankful to God that dad's still alive. Don't worry... I won't get pulled down with my dad into the bad things he's doing and thinking and feeling. I just want to keep praying for him and other fathers along with all of you and many more people and lift them up and out of the shadows and into the light. Remember God's love for you and that he'll never leave nor forsake you. Keep the Faith!! God Bless!

some good news...

Hey there. In my last post I explained some of my worries and a bad conversation I had with my dad (him not responding). Well, I called him again last month (May) and he answered. We had a short discussion but it was really nice. He told me to call at certain times each day and I did for 3 or four days and the second discussion was just awesome. I really felt a connection with him and he said that he believes in a type of holy spirit but he said nothing about Jesus so I'm alittle confused in that area of what he does believe in. He was kind of stuttering when he told me this and said he wasn't too sure on how to explain it, so I asked him a few questions but I never mentioned Jesus :sad ...! I feel so bad about that. I hope he still has his same cell phone number because he said he may be switching it and I'd really like to talk to him again. God Bless! :angel:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back