Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Mysrery Babylon and Rev.17:16

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

journeyman

This passage is difficult because Babylon is false religion which the devil loves, so why would the beast want her destroyed?
I think maybe just to appear as though the beast hates false religion, portraying himself as light.
I think it's possible only the Christian faith will be attacked to remove any mention of Jesus' name from this world.
Paul said,

For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way. 2thes.2:7

The Holy Spirit inqdwells believers. The only way to get rid of him is to get rid of believers.

The saints in heaven ask when God will avenge them and God's answer is when others are murdered as you were. Rev.6:11

This passage is difficult because Babylon is false religion which the devil loves, so why would the beast want her destroyed?
I see nothing at all difficult , per se, (all requires understanding give by the Father and Jesus)
with YHVH'S Plan Revealed through this (and all ) Scripture here.

Revelation 17:16-17

Expanded Bible

16 The ten horns and the beast you saw will hate the ·prostitute [whore]. They will ·take everything she has [make her desolate] and leave her naked. They will eat her body and burn her with fire [Ezek. 23:25–29]. 17 [L For] God ·made the ten horns want [L put it into their hearts] to carry out his ·purpose [intention] by agreeing to give the beast their ·power to rule [kingdom], until ·what God has said comes about [L the word of God has been fulfilled/completed].
Read full chapter

I think so. I wonder why the devil would want to get rid of false religion when it's the hallmark of his deception. I guess when all idolatry is gone only the true one is left?
My study Bible says,

The ten horns (the kings of v 12) will grow to hate Babylon, the harlot. As a result, they will expose then utterly destroy her. Since this description is similar to God's judgment on Babylon in 18:8, it seems that the Lord sovereignly uses the forces of the beast as His instrument of judgment on the kingdom of Antichrist (ch. 18) before they themselves are destroyed (see 19:9-21).

With the advent of the beast as a supreme ruler given to self-deification (see Dan. 11:36; Matt.24:15; 2 These 2) Satan has originated and entirely new order. This order is so radically different from the great harlot (vv 1-6) that the beast, or perhaps the political aspect of Babylon, turns up and destroys the religious aspect of Babylon.

My study Bible says,

The ten horns (the kings of v 12) will grow to hate Babylon, the harlot. As a result, they will expose then utterly destroy her. Since this description is similar to God's judgment on Babylon in 18:8, it seems that the Lord sovereignly uses the forces of the beast as His instrument of judgment on the kingdom of Antichrist (ch. 18) before they themselves are destroyed (see 19:9-21).

With the advent of the beast as a supreme ruler given to self-deification (see Dan. 11:36; Matt.24:15; 2 These 2) Satan has originated and entirely new order. This order is so radically different from the great harlot (vv 1-6) that the beast, or perhaps the political aspect of Babylon, turns up and destroys the religious aspect of Babylon.
I understand that, but the "beast" is also "antichrist" so it's just repackaged idolatry. The only difference seems to be people are unaware of it.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back