Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Natural Realm vs Kingdom Realm

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Edward

2024 Supporter
We know that we live in what we call the natural Realm, and that there is a spiritual or kingdom realm, but (I think) that most never try to engage the kingdom realm. Perhaps they think that one day we'll get to go to the Kingdom realm..maybe after Jesus comes back or at the rapture.

As if the Kingdom realm is out there in some ethereal place high in the heavens...which it is not! Our Lord said the Kingdom of heaven is at hand <(what's that mean?)

At hand, is as close as your hand. It is within you. (Know ye not that you are the temple of the Holy Ghost?)

So how does one engage it and enter the Kingdom realm, to boldly approach the throne? :wink

Have you ever been there? Have you ever tried to? :chin

The "internal Kingdom" and the "external" kingdom are both present realities.

The "external kingdom" has it's own carnal fleshly rules, generally known as "survival of the fittest."

This "rule" of the "external kingdom" is adverse to and against the "internal Kingdom." They are two different worlds. But we live in both. There is no way to avoid "conflict."

I might understand, that by the Order of the "internal King" my steps are 'ordered' and I walk in that understanding. I don't have to "go begging" to get anything. Whatever "I get" is by faith, whatever that happens to be. I gave up manipulating and begging God quite some time back, for the futile and vain exercise it is.

IF God in Christ is with me, then God in Christ is with me. Nothing is going to chance that fact, good, bad or indifferent. God is not a Ouija board or my 'fortune teller.' I couldn't tell you what will happen in the next 5 seconds, for a surety.

When I manage to stop, I do so only to contemplate, and to seek out His Peace to be upon me. The hardest part for me is to find "thanks" in all things. Because some things are hard to find 'thanks' in.

The "internal Kingdom" and the "external" kingdom are both present realities.

The "external kingdom" has it's own carnal fleshly rules, generally known as "survival of the fittest."

This "rule" of the "external kingdom" is adverse to and against the "internal Kingdom." They are two different worlds. But we live in both. There is no way to avoid "conflict."

I might understand, that by the Order of the "internal King" my steps are 'ordered' and I walk in that understanding. I don't have to "go begging" to get anything. Whatever "I get" is by faith, whatever that happens to be. I gave up manipulating and begging God quite some time back, for the futile and vain exercise it is.

IF God in Christ is with me, then God in Christ is with me. Nothing is going to chance that fact, good, bad or indifferent. God is not a Ouija board or my 'fortune teller.' I couldn't tell you what will happen in the next 5 seconds, for a surety.

When I manage to stop, I do so only to contemplate, and to seek out His Peace to be upon me. The hardest part for me is to find "thanks" in all things. Because some things are hard to find 'thanks' in.

Have you ever tried to part the veil (of darkness over our hearts) and step through, look for Jesus?

I'm pretty sure that mature Christian's should be living under an open heaven.

John 5:19-20King James Version (KJV)
19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.
20 For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.../

Then in chapter 14, we see this:

John 14:12-13
12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.../

So, I've got a feeling that God is going to ramp up the supernatural occurrences, and we should be ready for it. Even seek the Lord (not supernatural happenings, but Him)

I think that's normal Christianity. They didn't seem surprised to encounter Angels in the OT, and we shouldn't either.

I think the natural Realm is a distraction from the Kingdom realm, so perhaps one may have better luck closing their eyes to try to engage the Kingdom realm...and find God. :)

I have a very difficult time expressing the supernatural world around us.
But yes, I believe it.
And yes, I have experienced it.

Rom 14:17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

Luk_12:32 Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.

Joh 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
Joh 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Act 2:1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
Act 2:2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
Act 2:3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
Act 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
Act 2:5 And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.

So how does one engage it and enter the Kingdom realm, to boldly approach the throne? :wink

One scripture that puts me right at the throne of God is:

Romans 8:15-17 For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father." The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children. Now if we are children, then we are heirs - heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.

I'm not fearful to stand in front of my Father. I look forward to being in the throne-room with him. I guess what I'm trying to say, is knowing your Father in heaven is kingdom realm stuff. Jesus and how he walks and talks and is, that is some mighty good kingdom stuff on earth.

Have you ever tried to part the veil (of darkness over our hearts) and step through, look for Jesus?

I'm pretty sure that mature Christian's should be living under an open heaven.

I do not seek out "experiences" such as you describe. Primarily because it tends to flirt with the occultist arena. We might understand that to even believe, to see Jesus as Lord, the darkness, the evil present with us, has been pulled back so we can "see and hear."

That being said, yes, I have had some interesting experiences. But I always question such "experiences" rigorously. I know not "all" of them are necessarily along Godly lines. For the record, I have never heard any "thus saith the Lord" supposed quotes from God to me. And IF I did, I might worry a lot more. It is no small matter, if one has to engage that type of "call." It carries other weights of "proofs."

I have had times of refreshing and profound experiences with the Peace of God that passes all understandings. Yes, very much so.

I might not perceive that walking in such a perpetual state makes me fit to function on the street. We function in this world with spiritual battle gear on, for very good reasons. Shields up are required.

Ephesians 6:16
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

So, I've got a feeling that God is going to ramp up the supernatural occurrences, and we should be ready for it. Even seek the Lord (not supernatural happenings, but Him)

There are supernatural workings that transpire before our own eyes, daily. We just have a hard time perceiving them as such. IF you really want to observe the Hand of God, Presently Working upon the world, it is available to be seen, quite easily. And not in a 'GOOD WAY.' Gods Hands work no differently today than They Have Ever Worked in the past. Same God. Same workings.
I think that's normal Christianity. They didn't seem surprised to encounter Angels in the OT, and we shouldn't either.

Can of worms. We might recognize that in any of this type of supposed Divine encounter, there is going to be a "for and against" engagement. This is how I might tell a "legit" experience from a deception. There are plenty of deceptions available.

I think the natural Realm is a distraction from the Kingdom realm, so perhaps one may have better luck closing their eyes to try to engage the Kingdom realm...and find God. :)

I see the natural realm as a servant to the Greater. And His Hands upon it all. The creation very much attests to God, continually, but indirectly. Yes, creation DOES speak of Him. But it is an unheard voice.

Psalm 19
1 The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.
2 Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge.
3 There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.
4 Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun,
5 Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoiceth as a strong man to run a race.
6 His going forth is from the end of the heaven, and his circuit unto the ends of it: and there is nothing hid from the heat thereof.

I can hear and see just fine without opening the doors of the bizarre, which doors are never opened without specific purposes. Such as Saul on the road to Damascus. If one comes away marked or injured, as Saul, blinded, that would be the "first sign" I would check for, for legitimacy of experiences. And from there, such RAGE against the darkness, AS A WARNING from God. Their RAGE will transpire, in reality.

If you study the path of prophets past, you will find them very much adversely affected by their Spiritual engagements with God. This is one of the marks of a truthful encounter.

Occultish? Unheard voice? Surely you jest Brother. That's what they want us to think, oh dont go there, lol. We have all authority in Christ over any spirit or demon.

Besides, were not looking for them, it's Jesus...and He did say those who seek Him will find Him. It may well turn out to be adverse to my preconceived notion of how it will be, but it doesn't really matter because this is our Lord and Savior that we're talking about. I know one thing, I won't die. Or even if He does take me, so what? Good! :)
3 There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.

(Fixed that for ya', lol)

Occultish? Unheard voice? Surely you jest Brother. That's what they want us to think, oh dont go there, lol. We have all authority in Christ over any spirit or demon.

I really don't know what you are getting at. Do you really want to see "all" the things God Sees? To know "all" the things God knows? I'm pretty sure any of us would be driven mad under those kinds of things in about a nano-second:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0cG11lTS1E

Besides, were not looking for them, it's Jesus...and He did say those who seek Him will find Him. It may well turn out to be adverse to my preconceived notion of how it will be, but it doesn't really matter because this is our Lord and Savior that we're talking about. I know one thing, I won't die. Or even if He does take me, so what? Good! :)

I look forward to sitting on a cloud, eating white frosted vanilla cake for eternity. Well, maybe not. :lol

I really don't know what you are getting at. Do you really want to see "all" the things God Sees? To know "all" the things God knows? I'm pretty sure any of us would be driven mad under those kinds of things in about a nano-second:/

I've thought about this a little and...yeah, I guess I am. It's not spooky or a bad thing at all. It's just drawing close to God. James says, if we draw near to God then He will draw near to us...

James 4:8
8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, yousinners; and purify your hearts, youdouble-minded.../(NKJV)

And that for those that keep his commandments and love Him...He pretty much promises to manifest Himself to them, in John.

John 14:21
He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.../(KJV)

Isn't that great?!! :woot2

I want that.

IF one is looking for a kingdom of gold and silver... palaces and servants the Kingdom of God is not the one your looking for....that is what the Jewish leaders were looking for 2000 years ago and He passed them by...
Our King is a servant who suffered the shame of the Cross... He is our example.. His way of life is laid out in the Beatitudes .

Sometimes we can get spiritual insight from what might seem such an unlikely source. I highly recommend the artwork of Akiane Kramirik. Her portrait of Christ confirmed that the person I saw in a dream once was indeed our Lord because He looked exactly like Akiane's depiction. BTW, she says ...if you want to be close to God...pray unceasingly.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back