Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

New and Looking to Grow!

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Welcome aboard.

If I were to mention Father - Son - Holy Spirit. Where/what would you reply? No fancy terms or long drawn out explanations. I am curious where you perceive yourself as being now.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Hello all!

My name is Cody and I have been a Christian as long as I can remember but I've been really looking to dive deeper into my walk with Jesus recently!

Welcome Cody!

Glad you are here.

JLB

Hello all!

My name is Cody and I have been a Christian as long as I can remember but I've been really looking to dive deeper into my walk with Jesus recently!

Greetings, and hope we can be of assistance.
Any suggestions as far as your favorite forums or discussions here on the site?

As you will likely figure out quickly, the various Christian forums out there are all filled with more debate than just teachings, per se, although you may find someone whose studies or devotionals you find you like. But in any given discussion you will encounter opinions and theological positions from a wide variety of directions, from Reformed to Catholic to Pentecostal to Futurist, Preterist, Agnostic, Jehovah's Witness, SDA, Gnostic, Muslim, Atheist, you name it.

So the forums are indeed a learning experience if you will, but not in the sense that you will simply receive accurate teaching in every post you read. Rather you'll need to educate yourself on various theological systems in the process of getting to know people and what they believe and teach.

Just a heads up. If you tell us what persuasion you are of theologically coming in, we can likely point you in the direction of someone who is relatively like-minded.

God bless, and welcome once again.
- H

Welcome aboard.

If I were to mention Father - Son - Holy Spirit. Where/what would you reply? No fancy terms or long drawn out explanations. I am curious where you perceive yourself as being now.

Mississippi redneck
eddif
The trinity, one God represented in three forms

The trinity, one God represented in three forms

Amen, we can only know what we are taught.

Some would consider one God, represented in three forms as not being biblical, but I believe we know what you mean.

For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one. 1 John 5:7

• these three are one

Do you want me to start a thread about this subject so we can discuss it with other members?

Starting threads for discussion is easy.

JLB

Welcome to forum cody. I recommend buying the king James companion bible. And strongs concordance. This is for serious bible students and teachers. Destiny publishers, merrimac Massachusetts. You can call them and ask for order sheet. I have both books, and Greek lexicon. Good luck.

Welcome to forum cody. I recommend buying the king James companion bible. And strongs concordance. This is for serious bible students and teachers. Destiny publishers, merrimac Massachusetts. You can call them and ask for order sheet. I have both books, and Greek lexicon. Good luck.
Thanks for the suggestion!

John 16:13 kjv
13. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Romans 1:20 kjv
20. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Revelation 3:20 kjv
20. Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Welcome Cody! Jim and I are new here as well AND we also live in Wisconsin (Appleton area)! We're looking forward to hearing more from you as well as all the other members of this forum. May God continue to richly bless you!

Back