Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Photographs NEW COMPOSITION

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

th1b.taylor

I cut about five-eighths of this one away and blew it up a little better than double but because it has been mistreated for better than 45 years it had some tough black rubbed onto it and I could not find a filter to soften to damage.View attachment 8946

I found a much nicer background and I blew the first photo by 800 percent and point by point selected it, copied it and pasted it onto the new background as a new layer. After sliding it slightly past the top and flush on the right side I noted that I had cut the Main to the rear short by about an inch and a half. So, working on that layer I used the Smudge Tool to fill the ghosted swirling blade and then I Merged the layers to save it as a JPG. It has been a long time since I flew on a Gun Ship of any type but as I recall the filters on top, this is a B Model Huey but if I have the filters wrong it is a C Model. The AH1 Cobra replaced both but they were fun to fly.

The B Model, with a full load of ammo and two Door Gunners required two Monkey Straps. The Monkey Strap was a Parachute Harness with a twenty foot Cargo Strap sewn right at the tail bone position and had a Cargo Hook on the end of it.

We hooked into the cargo loops on the floor and as the Pilots lifted off we began to pull against it and they would move the Cyclic Stick forward and we began to run. Just as the ship picked up Transitional lift it would be at the end of our straps, in front and above us and it jerked us off our feet and into the air. we then climbed the Cargo Strap into the ship, grabbed our M60s off the floor and were ready for war!

And who ever said the Army was not fun but the C Model ended that with a bigger engine... spoil sports!
View attachment 8947

Back