Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Newbie

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
One more thing I would like to add, I ask myself the question today that if I died would I go to heaven? Before I would have probably thought no but I hope so. Today I thought yes, I feel as though I would. The only thing I feel I need to do that I haven't done is I need to find a church and probably some AA meeting..

Finding a Church would be another step in the right direction, I don't know what I would do without my Church, we're very close knit so we try to help out everyone as much as possible.

"So he told them this parable: “What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he has lost one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the open country, and go after the one that is lost, until he finds it? And when he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing. And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and his neighbors, saying to them, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep that was lost.’ Just so, I tell you, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance." - Luke 15:3-7 ESV

No doubt about it God has wiped away your Sin, God and the angels are throwing a party because of you right now and you're invited, one day you'll join them.

Finding a Church would be another step in the right direction, I don't know what I would do without my Church, we're very close knit so we try to help out everyone as much as possible.

"So he told them this parable: “What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he has lost one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the open country, and go after the one that is lost, until he finds it? And when he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing. And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and his neighbors, saying to them, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep that was lost.’ Just so, I tell you, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance." - Luke 15:3-7 ESV

No doubt about it God has wiped away your Sin, God and the angels are throwing a party because of you right now and you're invited, one day you'll join them.
Love that parable. You know in a way all those on this forum are likened to a church. Alot of different members from many cultures but with the main common denominator which is Christ risen! Anyway, again I love that parable. Thanks for the remembrance.

Hi, I know I Need to. I had some bad news today. Please remember me tonight in your prayers tonight.
Thank you Diane

Well, I do need to find a church, But hanging with drinkers is and has always been the last of my problems. I am a loner. Work and go home. Drink while watching tv. Now I find that I am lonely a lot especially since I have a knee injury and am pretty much stuck.

Hi,
New to board and wanted to say hi and tell a lil about myself. My name is Diane. I have been a heavy drinker for 16 yrs now. I stopped 18 days ago and am asking everyone to keep me in your prayers that the Lord will continue to give me the strength to stay quit. I can already see so much work done around my house just since I have stopped. I already pretty much have a vision so to speak even though everything that can go wrong has. I fell and injured my leg and have already missed a week from work and can't work for the next two week. waiting to h
ave an MRI on MY knee. Still I'm just so excited about not drinking. I start my day off reading my bible and praying for strength. I totally depend upon the Lord to keep me sober everyday. Thank you for taking the tie to read this. Diane
Will pray!!!

I am doing great!! Still sober, the 18th will be my 1st month. I'm looking forward to going to AA and getting my 1 month chip.I went to the Dr today and he said I can return to work. So, I'm going to get ready and show up at work at 5pm today and see if they need me. I'm not on the schedule because it was uncertain when I could return. So thanks to everyone for all your prayers. I feel like maybe things are starting to look up.

Welcome to the forums that is our salvation through Jesus Christ. I love this site and the community has the most faithful and wise people I have had the pleasure to witness. Hope you enjoy your time here.

Amen to all the prayers.
The bottle is a hard one but, once it's replaced with Gods mercy and grace any addiction can be beaten.

Hi everyone, Just wanted to start by thanking everyone for your prayers. I AM STILL SOBER!!!! Just been working over time these last few weeks. I did have one set back but thanks to God's strength I am making it thru without drinking again. I lost ( Elwood) my best friend. My dog that I had for 9 yrs. It's pretty much always been just the 2 of us and of course my son but he goes to his dad's and grandparents some. If I was on the couch he was,in the bed, he was..... I had to bring his water to him because he couldn't walk on my tile floor because he was crippled, hand feed him due to lack of teeth and clean him after he went to the bathroom. But I didn't mind he was my baby. It's been a week and this is my first night back at home and it's going to be hard not having him in bed with me tonight. Please keep me in your prayers.

Thank's Angel,after rereading my post about my Elwood it was kinda misleading. He could walk, he just couldn't on my tile floor.He could on carpet, outside, towels,ect.......

You remain in my prayers, Diane.

I'm saddened to read of the loss of your dear Elwood. We really do take our pets into our hearts & families ... it's rough when we lose them.

I use to drink like a fish myself. Hard to kick until I found out I would fall off the wagon when I started feeling sorry for myself. Nobody is this toward me, and they don't care about that. I found out that was sissy man like, not a spiritual man full of faith in God. That got it sorted real quick.

Well, welcome.

Mike

Hi Mike, Your right. I'm still learning. My dad always told me never tell anyone your problems because one half of the people doesn't care and the other half is glad you have them. I always use to find humor in that. But, nope I haven't fell off the wagon this time.

Hi Mike, Your right. I'm still learning. My dad always told me never tell anyone your problems because one half of the people doesn't care and the other half is glad you have them. I always use to find humor in that. But, nope I haven't fell off the wagon this time.

Rom_12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Jas_1:21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.

As I matured in the Word of God, which has power in itself to save our soul (Mind, will, emotions, who we are- our spirit gets born again, not our soul) and was transformed, in truth as Jesus said the truth shall make you free. I started to see the root of why I kept falling off the so called wagon.

You count days without a drink, but that wagon is always right there to restart the counter again. Falling off the wagon becomes a horrible thing to self-esteem, self worth, it's emotionally devastating.

I soon saw the wagon itself becomes a bondage. Who wants to go to their AA meeting and confess to everyone you blew it, and everyone encourages you, says it's OK, and lets start again.

Working with Other addicted people I would hear great stories of being sober for 10 years and 14 days. Everyone would clap, and be happy. People would stand up and say "HI, my name is such and such, I am a alcoholic and have been sober for 5 years, it's been hard, I battle not having a drink sometimes every day."

There is the fear of that wagon again. Still fighting something is not being free of it.

When my Pastor asked me to run his Christian drug and alcohol program, I prayed, and changed it.

Pro_23:7 For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he: Eat and drink, saith he to thee; but his heart is not with thee.

Be blessed, and power from the Lord Jesus to be free.

Mike

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back