Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Noah's flood... Was it real?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

stovebolts

Excellent, well worth your time :)

[video=youtube;5aNlb3lFhFM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aNlb3lFhFM&feature=related[/video]

I agree Jason,

But.... I'd be willing to bet that the Bible has earned your trust, and you've learned to take on faith what you're unable to understand. Not everyone can do that.

I believe there is a disconnect and our children are being faced with an either or between Science, or the Bible as truth and honestly, Science makes pretty good sense. I think we've talked about that Jason, which is why I brought this up.

I read a study, and most Christians don't believe the flood was world wide. Instead, they believe it was a local flood. Why? Because the Science they have been taught tells them that there wasn't a global flood, and the earth is much older than 6 thousand years. So again, they are faced with an either or and they can't reconcile the two.

Last week my wife was teaching Sunday School, and it was on Noah's Ark. She was able to pull some neat scientific stuff out of Answers magazine which we recently subscribed to and not only did the kids love it, but the other adult teachers too. Now, our Sunday School has a new program and the kids are split into age appropriate groups after the "big" lesson, and my wife went into the smaller groups just to watch, and she made the comment that it was sad that the teachers had to "wing it", and couldn't offer any type of affirmation that the biblical account of the flood was real.

Anyway, I think there are a lot more people in our congregation that will be subscribing to Answers magazine simply because it affirms Science, and shows how Science can affirm the Biblical accounts. Thus, it's not about an either or when it comes to Science and the Bible and we can say more than simply, "Because the Bible says"....

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back