Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

'Oi! I be new here!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
My name is Jerry Stump, originally.
I have a passion for art, writing, swordfighting, and preaching/teaching/sharing what God lays on my heart. Obviously, I love Star Wars (hence the name). Not a fan of the Pantheistic origins of the theology of the series, but I still love the story and fights.

I love anime and 3D CG, writing creative fantastical or sci-fi stories. I'm currently working on a story depicting Satan's rebellion against God before the fall of man. And I LOVE swordplay. Wushu, Kendo, Aiyedo and good ol' lightsaber combat styles are what I dabble in.

hiya!

Welcome Jerry! :wave

I can tell you have a lot in common with my 20 yr old son. He is currently working on creating a "movie quality" (his words) Darth Vader costume. He went to the arts/crafts store and bought all this clay and goo and materials, but the poor thing doesn't have much free time to work on it. He's really a great artist. Anyway, glad to meet you!

GrayJedi_Lightshade said:
My name is Jerry Stump, originally.
I have a passion for art, writing, swordfighting, and preaching/teaching/sharing what God lays on my heart. Obviously, I love Star Wars (hence the name). Not a fan of the Pantheistic origins of the theology of the series, but I still love the story and fights.

I love anime and 3D CG, writing creative fantastical or sci-fi stories. I'm currently working on a story depicting Satan's rebellion against God before the fall of man. And I LOVE swordplay. Wushu, Kendo, Aiyedo and good ol' lightsaber combat styles are what I dabble in.

hiya!
you misspelt iado, the art of sword drawing not the actual fighting with the katana,wakisashi, for the actual cutting art it's called kubodo.

btw konichi wa
jason

Welcome Jedi in the name of Jesus to the CF Ministries. I hope in Christ that you enjoy fellowshipping with us, and that you'll be bless, as well as us being bless by you. We have a "Men's Locker Room" [by invitation] for discussions that may be private/personal and not for the viewing of women due to the subject, and visa versa with the "Ladies Locker Room".

We respectfully inform/ask that before you enter any/all forums, please read the rules, and strickly abide by them so not to have any misunderstandings arise. And not reading them before you enter....is unacceptable reasoning if one should arise. We also request that when any/all moderators have given noticed on the boards, that it's immediately taken heed of the first time. No one is the exception from following the rules, members/moderators alike. And we would appreciate/request the display of the "Fruits of the Spirit" when communicating with "ALL" members [lost or saved]. This ministry is not of chaos, but of obedience/harmony/peace and the display of Christ love among us.

So outside of that....we hope in Christ that you have a great time! All of us are looking forward to getting to know you on the boards. We're thankful our Lord has led you here to be a part of the Body of Christ here at CF. May our Lord continue to be a Lamp at your feet, and may our Lord lead you to be a blessing to others as well. Welcome aboard, and Onward Christian Soldier! And enjoy yourself, have fun, we have some great brethern here to share the Word of God with.

And there's Star Wars fans too! I'm a X-Trekky, but just go done watching the Star Wars Movies a couple of weeks ago while out of town on business, and I got to say, they were pretty awesome. Loved the ewoks, and special effects....I got down right roudy watching them....pretty cool! Enough your stay, and GBU Jedi.

Nick_29 said:
Welcome Jerry! :wave

Did Star Wars get you into sword fighting?

Yes, it did. Even before Ep. 1-3 came out, I always wanted to be Luke Skywalker. I thought his green lightsaber (and still do) was the coolest thing ever to swing around. Then, when the prequels came out, I was both disappointed, and amazed. Disappointed at the execution of story and character portrayal (except Ewan McGregor's portrayal of Obi-Wan), but I was amazed at the swordplay aspect. I've read up on the different saber styles as well.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back