Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Okay time to fess up

Which of these freaks you out?

• Spiders

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Snakes

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Rats and Mice

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Heights

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Flying

• All of the above and then some!

• Total voters

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
war. war has done that to me. while i have been in afghanistan. part of me has never faced death like some others. that will get this thread going.

I'm not so afraid of dying, because I will get to meet Him,what He decides is going to be my fate after that I have no control over. It's the way of dying that frightens me, top of the list would be burning for me. The only thing worse would be dying alone with no one knowing or caring.

all men are afraid of death. i have that word like you do but that doesnt override my god given nature to want to live and avoid danger. bravery is the acting not on the fear but on the right thing to do inspite of fear.

Oh I definitely want to be here for as long as possible Jason, it's just that sometimes I think the are things worse than death. Loneliness for sure, been there don't ever want that again especially if I'm gonna kick it.
What you said about Bravery is exactly right. many instances both military and civilian in past and recent history.

Hi Edward, I agree we have dominion over the creatures, but I think God wanted us to be sensible and compassionate in the way we used those words. There are many instances in His word where we are told God cares for the animals and birds (so how much more does he care for us). So I think we should too.Just my take on it.
I'm the same in that I'll kill for meat and to protect livestock / produce. It's the killing for trophies etc that I don't agree with.

Jason,yes He IS always with us but he also created woman as our companion. So HE recognized our need for companionship in the earthly life too. By alone I mean totallly alone except for God.No-one to share triumphs and tragedy with or to share His word with either. I've been there and while He was with me all the time, it is definitely a place in my life I wouldn't wish on someone else.

Last edited by a moderator:
I gotta be honest. Anything bigger than a medium size worm is the stuff of nightmares. Give teeth to that large worm and let him slithered all over the ground, and I will cry. I'm telling you, I will cry. No problem behind the glass at a zoo, but outdoors? He wins. I will not touch any kind of snake. I don't care if they have no teeth or venom. I will not touch it, even if someone is holding its hateful head away from me. If I ever run into a Michigan rattler out on the golf course, I'm selling my clubs. I HATE SNAKES!!!

Mike it sounds like you react to snakes the way i do to spiders.

Jason, I can tell you honestly now mate if this one goes pear shaped , that's it for me....I'll become a cloistered monk or join the foreign legion, comes a time in a mans life when he has to say enough is enough.

lol. im done with women if my marriage fails.im almost 40. at this point if it doesnt work. im not going to go looking.

40? Oooo mate yeah you're getting sooooooooooo old lol I'm 47 so over the over the hill mark by a long shot. Funny thing is mentally feel the same as I did when I was about 25 or so...yeah I know grow up 'n act my age....

Don't I know it, My sinuses keep reminding me of the fractured cheek / cracked eye socket I received from the best punch I've NEVER seen..didn't see it coming, just bam! Now just bag work...they don't hit back :)

I love heights and flying, and rats and mice are ok. I know how to (kind of) handle a snake and usually do so when we go to the zoo, have one on my body at some stage. Snakes are really cool, IMO.

What I can't handle are spiders. They areally freak me out, for some reason. Maybe it's because I live in Sydney, where the Sydney Funnel Web Spider lives. One of the most venemous animals in the world, and is very aggressive. And antivenom supplies are running low, how lovely :gah. It takes 70 milked spiders to make one dose of antivenom. Apparently we're supposed to try and catch these spiders to milk them. No thanks. We've found many around the house. They usually meet the shovel.

Atrax_robustus.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sydney_funnel-web_spider

I gotta be honest. Anything bigger than a medium size worm is the stuff of nightmares. Give teeth to that large worm and let him slithered all over the ground, and I will cry. I'm telling you, I will cry. No problem behind the glass at a zoo, but outdoors? He wins. I will not touch any kind of snake. I don't care if they have no teeth or venom. I will not touch it, even if someone is holding its hateful head away from me. If I ever run into a Michigan rattler out on the golf course, I'm selling my clubs. I HATE SNAKES!!!
Aww mate, never come to Australia. We have most of the 30 most deadly snakes in the world right here. :lol

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back