Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Other Religions/Before Christ Was Born

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Y

Yah1

Hey guys. I have some questions regarding some things. Since the Bible states that the only way to the Father and the kingdom of heaven is through Jesus, does this make every other religion and atheism hell sent. If Jesus is the only way to heaven controlling who goes to heaven and hell, why do other religions and beliefs exist?

Also, before Moses/Jesus existed how did people allow Jesus into their hearts? If there were prophets before Moses, how did people or even prophets know what they were worshiping? Did they think Moses was crazy, speaking about a Jesus who wasn't even born yet.

This is my take on the question. There is only one truth in the world, It is in the living God, through Jesus Christ our lord. Now keep in mind the devil has been practicing deception for about 6000 years, anything that God does the devil copies it. The devil changes just enough to make it sound like it is from God, but he takes out just enough to lead us wrong.
Before Christ people didn't accept Jesus in their hearts, the world then was under the law. At that time the only way to be forgiven from sin was through offering and sacrifice. Reason for this is Christ hadn't died on the cross, at the cross the sacrifice of Christ fullfilled the law, and made it posible for the spirit to dwell in us.
If you read through the old testament, you can see that the spirit of God spoke to the prophets, but didn't dwell with them. The Spirit came and told them what God sent him to say, then went back to heaven.
Not sure of the specific religions, but the nation of Israel is the only people on the earth at the time to interact with the one true God. All others were more or less idolitry.

Jesus said He was the Way the Truth and the Life and no man comes to the Father but through Him.

Adam and Eve knew God in the beginning. All those down the line after them that believed in Him followed what Adam taught that he learned from God Himself. There is much symbolism in the Old Testament that points to a Saviour who was to come. If they believed that and followed in that way then they shall be saved because they believed in the Messiah who was to come, altho they didn't know His name; He had not come to earth yet. They lived in all the light that they had at the time. When Jesus died and went to the lower part of the earth He preached to those who died believing and took them to paradise with Him.

God was God even before he was born, he knew what he was doing. When i found Christ i was very young, 24 years old in fact. Some people go through their whole lives and never acknowledge who Jesus was/is. They go through a lot of pain and still don't cry out to him. Idols, that's a good way of putting it, think about it. Why is Jesus hated so much in the hearts of men, it's because he did what no other person on earth did, he walked away from sin his entire life. In the end, we let a murderer free and allowed Jesus to die. That should make out hearts ache, my God! Isn't there only one God who can save us from our sins and wipe our slate clean, absolutely. Believe it or not there are actually places in the world where children/people have never seen a bible. How can we know who Jesus really is if we don't repent. Do these other religions truly know what SIN IS. Some atheists think Jesus was 'just a guy'. they'll admit he walked the earth, but they can't admit he was God. it all comes down to SIN, and unfortunately people will have to hit rock bottom before they turn to the one true God. Pride is what kept me from him, and i had to go through a lot a pain to figure that out...but the lesson's been learned.

Hey guys. I have some questions regarding some things. Since the Bible states that the only way to the Father and the kingdom of heaven is through Jesus, does this make every other religion and atheism hell sent. If Jesus is the only way to heaven controlling who goes to heaven and hell, why do other religions and beliefs exist?

Also, before Moses/Jesus existed how did people allow Jesus into their hearts? If there were prophets before Moses, how did people or even prophets know what they were worshiping? Did they think Moses was crazy, speaking about a Jesus who wasn't even born yet.

Yes, religion, worldview or faith that rejects Jesus Christ as described in the Bible is the broad path to Hell. Other religions exist because in man suppresses the truth in unrighteousness.

Romans 1:18-23 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. (19) For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. (20) For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. (21) For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. (22) Claiming to be wise, they became fools, (23) and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things.

------------------
"Inviting Jesus into your heart" is not Biblical. Jesus does not need our acceptance, we need His. Salvation comes from repentance (abandoning sin) and put complete trust in Jesus Christ and His righteousness before the Father.

The Bible describes a progressive revelation of Jesus Christ over time. The people before Jesus came trusted in God for the promise to be fulfilled in Messiah for their salvation.

I sometimes wonder what Enoch was up to.

Me to brother, me to. So little is said about him but what is said is amazing because everyone else tasted death except him. Man he must have had a real heart for the Lord...

Then the Lord God took the man and put him in the garden of Eden to tend and keep it. Genesis 2:15

Then the Lord God... The Lord God is Jesus!

JLB

Back