Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Paul on the forward-looking nature of those who are Christ's own

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Philippians 3:12-15 present us with a necessary attitude that those who are Christ’s own have, basically that of looking only forward in time after a specific point in their life.

Philippians 3:12-15 “Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Let those of us who are mature think this way, and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal that also to you.”

Note that Paul states that those who are Christ’s own in time shall understand something very simple to grasp but very difficult to do – that of having only a forward-looking nature. It appears that once sealed with the Holy Spirit and being Christ’s own in time as racing towards perfection that is the only possibility. Those who dwell too much in the past either are not Christ’s own or are Christ’s own when started but have not received the forward-looking understanding yet.

Resonates so beautifully with Luke 9:62 "Jesus said to him, "No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for the kingdom of God."

I like what Paul said here as we need not ever look back, but keep going forward to the prize of eternal life in Christ. Stay in God's will and never walk in our own as this brings glory and honor to His glorious name.
It all boils down to whether one has been crucified with Christ or not like Paul said. If one is crucified with Christ, one has denounced and shed their own past carnal life with the grief, grudges, wrongs, feelings of grandeur, delusions of wisdom etc. and one looks forward to being in Christ, that is love indwelling in them. It follows that one then loves their enemies, blesses those that curse him or her, and does good to them that hate him or her. That is the core of being a Christian.

Paul in 1 Corinthians 3:18-19 "Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seems to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise. For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He takes the wise in their own craftiness."

I have been in this forum for a while now, and I have seen many members trying all kind of stratagems in debates wanting to appear wise in the eyes of others. I truly wonder if many members of this forum have been crucified with Christ. Yet on my part it's worthwhile staying here for the few true chosen ones.

It all boils down to whether one has been crucified with Christ or not like Paul said. If one is crucified with Christ, one has denounced and shed their own past carnal life with the grief, grudges, wrongs, feelings of grandeur, delusions of wisdom etc. and one looks forward to being in Christ, that is love indwelling in them. It follows that one then loves their enemies, blesses those that curse him or her, and does good to them that hate him or her. That is the core of being a Christian.

Paul in 1 Corinthians 3:18-19 "Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seems to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise. For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He takes the wise in their own craftiness."

I have been in this forum for a while now, and I have seen many members trying all kind of stratagems in debates wanting to appear wise in the eyes of others. I truly wonder if many members of this forum have been crucified with Christ. Yet on my part it's worthwhile staying here for the few true chosen ones.
There is no man or woman that holds all truths and can exhaust the teachings that Christ left for our Spiritual knowledge and understanding. I'm 69 years old and I've been in this forum for around 13 years as many good people with a greater Spiritual knowledge then I have that have also challenged me to dig deeper into the scriptures in order to get a better understanding in the word of God. Do I always get it right, no, but the Holy Spirit always brings correction in which I am grateful for by working through others.

Forums are full of views, opinions, no truth, half truths and all truths by the way others allow themselves to be taught. It is up to each one of us to study the scriptures that others use to support themselves as we learn to Spiritually discern what is truth or what is in error.

There is no man or woman that holds all truths and can exhaust the teachings that Christ left for our Spiritual knowledge and understanding. I'm 69 years old and I've been in this forum for around 13 years as many good people with a greater Spiritual knowledge then I have that have also challenged me to dig deeper into the scriptures in order to get a better understanding in the word of God. Do I always get it right, no, but the Holy Spirit always brings correction in which I am grateful for by working through others.

Forums are full of views, opinions, no truth, half truths and all truths by the way others allow themselves to be taught. It is up to each one of us to study the scriptures that others use to support themselves as we learn to Spiritually discern what is truth or what is in error.
From Mark 10:18 "...No one is good except God alone." Yet, I have benefitted greatly as a Christian from being in this forum through reading and exchange with certain people in whom no doubt indwells the Holy Spirit, and who have a greater spiritual knowledge than I.

That being said, my focus on the first post of this thread is about a test that people who profess to be Christians can conduct on themselves. I am not to judge, but scripture from Paul tells plainly that if a person truthfully admits to themselves that they are not forward looking, but beset by the past, then maybe they should just come to the simple conclusion that they have not been drawn yet by the Father from John 6:44. They could be drawn later, but my point is that knowledge of the truth does not mean one has spiritually internalized that truth. Instead that truth lurks in the mind or intellect alone and puffs up the heart to the future detriment of that person possibly.

Again, I am not judging anyone in particular, for I am in no position to judge. Yet, following scripture, one can judge for themselves, if they are being really honest whether they have been drawn by the Father or not. If they realize they have not been drawn yet, that simply might mean the Holy Spirit is working alongside them yet not in them. Perhaps that is the truth one has to admit to themselves first before being set free.

There is a way that seems right to a man, but the result is to destruction.

The other possibility is as Jesus says>
Speak plainly please. I have noticed you like to speak in riddles circling around to the point of absolving yourself from any matter-of-fact statement being made.

So, I ask you this question and please answer plainly, yes or no. From what you have heard me speak in this thread and others, "Am I following a way that results to destruction?"

"Am I following a way that results to destruction?"
The forum is not an accurate place defending truth. Maybe not even promoting truth, nor salvation.
As for one or another, God Be Pleased and Willing, see
as Jesus told the disciples directly
when they exclaimed "How then can we be saved!?"
LEB
But he said, “What is impossible with men is possible with God.”

TLB
He replied, “God can do what men can’t!”

MSG
“No chance at all,” Jesus said, “if you think you can pull it off by yourself. Every chance in the world if you trust God to do it.”

The forum is not an accurate place defending truth. Maybe not even promoting truth, nor salvation.
As for one or another, God Be Pleased and Willing, see
as Jesus told the disciples directly
when they exclaimed "How then can we be saved!?"
LEB
But he said, “What is impossible with men is possible with God.”

TLB
He replied, “God can do what men can’t!”

MSG
“No chance at all,” Jesus said, “if you think you can pull it off by yourself. Every chance in the world if you trust God to do it.”
Amen follower. Thank you for your reply, for I was looking for a yes or no but I found it a way better answer still.

God bless you! Know that I have always appreciated your input in this forum.

From Mark 10:18 "...No one is good except God alone." Yet, I have benefitted greatly as a Christian from being in this forum through reading and exchange with certain people in whom no doubt indwells the Holy Spirit, and who have a greater spiritual knowledge than I.

That being said, my focus on the first post of this thread is about a test that people who profess to be Christians can conduct on themselves. I am not to judge, but scripture from Paul tells plainly that if a person truthfully admits to themselves that they are not forward looking, but beset by the past, then maybe they should just come to the simple conclusion that they have not been drawn yet by the Father from John 6:44. They could be drawn later, but my point is that knowledge of the truth does not mean one has spiritually internalized that truth. Instead that truth lurks in the mind or intellect alone and puffs up the heart to the future detriment of that person possibly.

Again, I am not judging anyone in particular, for I am in no position to judge. Yet, following scripture, one can judge for themselves, if they are being really honest whether they have been drawn by the Father or not. If they realize they have not been drawn yet, that simply might mean the Holy Spirit is working alongside them yet not in them. Perhaps that is the truth one has to admit to themselves first before being set free.
Reading through this these scriptures came to mind.

Acts 19:1 And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples,
Acts 19:2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.

2Timothy 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

Many who have come to only believe in the name of Christ, but have never had a personal relationship with Him have never been taught about being Spiritually born again from above or anything about the indwelling of the Holy Spirit and this is sad as many only have a form of Godliness, which in turn causes many to fall away, or become involved with many of the false doctrines that are out there. The Pastors will be held accountable before the Lord in what they have fed their flocks, but yet they more than likely have a Bible, but only gets dusted off on Sunday morning being proudly carried in their hands.

Forgot to add this.

It's not so much that they have not been drawn unto Christ, but that they have been sitting under the false doctrines of Balaam and the false doctrines of the Nicolaitans which sit in the synagogue of Satan where the spirit of Jezebel runs rampant. Rev 2-3 explains the many problems in many churches today.

2Ti 3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2Ti 3:2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
2Ti 3:3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
2Ti 3:4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
2Ti 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back