Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

People make such funny wishes/prayers.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Classik

Every business man or woman prays for more customers and customers. We all want customers.

But What do you say while you pray?

What should a pharmacist, doctor, an occulist, a dentist, a coffin seller etc pray for...?

Pharmacists: O God may people get sick. I need to sell my drugs and make some money.

Doctors: May people get sick - and let my hospital be full of patients.

Coffin sellers: O death! What are you waiting for???

Chef: Starvation visit these people, torment them and let people flood my restaurant!!!

Dentist:.....?

Occulist....?
Tailor.....?
soldier...? etc

I heard that one time a man prayed to God because he wanted to call a round volleyball a football. God said "Well son, footballs have pointy ends but you can call that volleyball a football if you want too". :wave

Westtexas

If all my prayers were answered in the affirmative, amongst other things, i would be a widow....:waving

I heard that one time a man prayed to God because he wanted to call a round volleyball a football. God said "Well son, footballs have pointy ends but you can call that volleyball a football if you want too". :wave

Westtexas

:lol You've been away for a while. Hehe!

Why do people ask for rediculous things when they pray? Because they're babies. A mature christian knows to not ask God for selfish request. He's not a puppet whos does what we say, like you said. I use to believe what people told me, that if you ask God for it He will give it to you. That did'nt happen and I'm glad it did'nt because I would'nt be here today if it did. He knew what I needed dispite my whining for a new babe, or car, or house, or money. Thats when I grew up realizing Father knows best. Imagine if everyone got their wish? Wow!

Thats when I grew up realizing Father knows best. Imagine if everyone got their wish? Wow!
I used to struggle with that....maybe I still do (a little). But I'm glad He has the best for man. [no wonder why God doesn't always answer the kill-my-enemy prayers some christians make)

Reminds me of a Peanuts strip where the players on Charlie Brown's baseball team are all praying that the ball won't come to them. And then it doesn't and Charlie Brown gets knocked over by the ball. He hears the rest of the team thanking God.
Well, the version I saw was on a video, but the videos are usually based off the strips, so I assume that strip existed.

Reminds me of a Peanuts strip where the players on Charlie Brown's baseball team are all praying that the ball won't come to them. And then it doesn't and Charlie Brown gets knocked over by the ball. He hears the rest of the team thanking God.
Well, the version I saw was on a video, but the videos are usually based off the strips, so I assume that strip existed.

:lol Very funny. People and glee have something in common

And it seems it's the only way things work. Some must cry for you to laugh. So win some lose: both parties prayed for the other's failure - believe it or not....this is typical of man. And thank God that God is God - not man.

Some of those people with funny prayers may not be Christians. I know a couple of people who say that when they want something good, they pray to God. And when they are wishing for something bad to happen to someone, they pray to Satan.

Since a double minded person won't get anything from God, I doubt if He answers their prayers.

But when I was a new Christian I used to lay hands on my car and ask God to start it when it wouln't start in the winter. I always ask God to help me find lost stuff, and He ususally does. He wants His children to be dependant on Him. He said to cast ALL our cares upon Him. So when believers' prayers are not selfish but there is a real need I don't think God considers them foolishness.

My sister was watching that show Big Brother and one of the contestants started praying to God to help him win. A show about lying to people and stabbing them in the back until you alone come out on top and win a huge sum of money.

My sister was watching that show Big Brother and one of the contestants started praying to God to help him win. A show about lying to people and stabbing them in the back until you alone come out on top and win a huge sum of money.
And there you have it. Its even more exaggerated when someone believes that God answered a prayer for others to suffer. I don't believe God goes by how we feel since most of the time are feelings are deceiving. If we're mad we want God to do some hurt to whomever upset us. If we're happy, like, winning the lottery we believe we're blessed. I saw many who thought a blessing of material things was happiness until their family went on a buckwild spending spree and shortly afterwards became egotistical and beligerent, fighting over whos car is the best, etc. I pray for wisdom to deal with the world today and to not let how I feel make desperate decisions. I don't want a lot of stuff because its harder to let it go when God says its nessasary, feel me?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back