Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Persecution

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Oats

I heard not to long ago someone on this forum say Christians are not being persecuted--

I'd have to disagree

Just because no one here in America is being persecuted (and to an extent some are)

in the world at large Christians undergo massive persecution

China
The Middle East
Africa
South America

God's words are coming to past

Many Christians are being persecuted on a daily basis. Int he Middle East there are Christians who live without Bibles because to own one would be a death sentence. In Iraq they just reopened a church after being bombed. A month or two ago, in church, two brothers came from an Asian country to speak. They were adopted by some folks here in CT after they escaped their country. Their father was killed because he refused to revoke his faith in Christ.

In the UK people are arrested for openly showing their faith in Christ. A year ago a woman was arrested for wearing a cross in public. Not long ago another man was arrested for telling an employee about Jesus.

More and more and more like this.

Many Christians are being persecuted on a daily basis. Int he Middle East there are Christians who live without Bibles because to own one would be a death sentence. In Iraq they just reopened a church after being bombed. A month or two ago, in church, two brothers came from an Asian country to speak. They were adopted by some folks here in CT after they escaped their country. Their father was killed because he refused to revoke his faith in Christ.

In the UK people are arrested for openly showing their faith in Christ. A year ago a woman was arrested for wearing a cross in public. Not long ago another man was arrested for telling an employee about Jesus.

More and more and more like this.

thanks Pard
:thumbsup

:wave Hey, Pard.

There was a shirt I saw a while ago. It had a cross on it. Below it said, "This shirt is illegal in 51 countries."
I think that constitutes as persecution.

But Christians in America have it very easy. Even the slander we get here is nothing compared to other countries. Chances are, it will get worse some day. But for now, we Americans can close our eyes and cover our ears to the rest of the Christian world because we have freedom for the most part.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back