Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Photographs pets

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

evenifigoalone

Fare thee well, Felicia
2024 Supporter
View attachment 2670
While I don't agree with all the implications of this quote--for example, I don't really know if animals go to heaven or not, and I do believe heaven exists--I thought it was a nice thought anyway.
Speed paint. Took me about an hour and a half. I could probably make it better if I took a few more afternoons to work on it, but nah--speed paint it will stay.
Some of the anatomy on the girl is kind of wonky--I'm still learning how to draw humans. I've had lots and lots of practice drawing animals, but I didn't even attempt humans until more recently.

And yes--I am a dog person.

program used: Photoshop elements 5

P.S.
Although...one thing that I hate about this picture? That stupid left arm! Looks like it's floating or something. The angle's all wrong. I'll see about fixing it later, I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never quite trust someone who doesn't like animals. Animals aren't very smart in most things, but emotionally they are geniuses. They usually pick up on who is kind and who is not trustworthy.

And they aren't shy about expressing an opinion. I have always had a soft spot in my heart for animals; I cry when one of them dies. Most animals, even "bad" ones, usually know I'm easy and take advantage.

I don't know if they will be in heaven or not, but I do know that God sees when one of us is kind to one of His creatures. Surely that counts for something when we do it for the least of them.

I never quite trust someone who doesn't like animals. Animals aren't very smart in most things, but emotionally they are geniuses. They usually pick up on who is kind and who is not trustworthy.

That's true. I presently have 4 cats (they are outdoor but stay in the attached garage at night or when it's cold with the heat lamp). They are very perceptive. Now I live in a house with strange noises at times. One thing I know is that animals can pick up on danger, so if I'm spooked, the first thing I do is go out to the garage and check on my cats. If they look calm, then I am, too.

And if I come to anyone's house, I'm probably the lap that your dog or cat will sit on.

I don't know if they will be in heaven or not, but I do know that God sees when one of us is kind to one of His creatures. Surely that counts for something when we do it for the least of them.

Yes, I believe they will be, or I should say, I'm of the minority of Christians who believe heaven is coming to earth, actually, in the Kingdom of God. Romans 8 in my interpretation leavens room for animals to be resurrected and nature restored as it once was in the new heaven and new earth.

I have this strange belief, and I never heard anyone teach this, so this is my take. Any animal that sleeps and wakes again will one day be restored as sleep and waking represents death and resurrection, and even some insects that experience metamorphosis such as a caterpillar-butterfly. But all animals and even insects became the way they are now due to the fall as Adam was over creation and brought it down with him. Not seemingly fair, I know, but then again God promises to make it whole again --- this won't last forever the way it is now.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back