Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Please pray for my parents, especially my mom...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Hey so my parents are great but it can be hard kliving with them, especially my mom.

They are Christians but they think of religion differently than I do. My mom thinks I'm a fanatic. We go to different churches and it can be hard to find time to read my Bible and my parents don't consider that a high prioroty. :sad

I feel like I can talk to my dad more than my mom because my dad listens to me and when I talk to my mom it's like she shuts down and isn't listening. She's just sitting there waiting until I'm done so she can talk. We literally can't agree on ANYTHING. She is constantly cranky at me. She gets mad when I do talk and she gets mad when I don't talk.

When she talks to me sometimes I feel like an idiot because (I know she doesn't mean to) but it feels like she is putting me down and her words can hurt. If I just want to wear jeans and a hoodie to something mom will sometimes say something like "You shouldn't dress like that. look at how the other teens dress. they dont look like slobs. they look put together." It makes me uncomfortable.

I want a relationship with her, I really do but it seems impossible.

Please pray that things get better and that I can have a good relationship with my mom. I want to forgive her and I want her to forgive me. Also please pray that my parents stop going to this one teacher for parenting advice...I don't know what he's telling them but whatever it is it's not helping. Please also pray that I have the faith to believe that things actually CAN get better because it seems hopeless now. Thanks guys.

Last edited by a moderator:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back