Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] please, pray (or keep praying) for Verna...

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
...she's my Older, wiser, Pentecostal friend. When I was in Teen Challenge, I was put in the choir. We went on outings all over Georgia, a bunch of former junkies in the process of being reformed. Looking back, it was probably one of the most beautiful chapters of my life, pre-repentance.

At one of these outings in southern GA, I had to share my testimony. Mental hospitals, breakdowns, Rx uppers and downers, jail time, temporary insanity...I mean, it was crazy. So, after all the dudes had shared their testimony, this friendly, petite, older lady comes up and talked to me. For over 30 minutes. And she wrote her address in my paper back, Max Lucado Bible.

Soon as I got out of TC and settled into an apt., I wrote to Verna. We've been in touch ever since, and that's been over 4 years. I haven't yet seen her again, but I know all about her family and much of her life story. And she's talked to me and listened to me in a way that no one has ever talked to me and listened to me. She's taught me about Christ and friendship and Christian love and even helped me toughen up a bit and grow up a bit, especially since I came to repentance (I'd say I was "called," but...I was raised PCUSA, lol).

Verna's husband, Ronnie, got sick with cancer 3 years ago and died a little less than a year ago. I never really got to know him, but he was a good man. Solid Christian, hard worker, good provider, decent human being. Verna took care of him from beginning to end and never complained.

Now, Verna's got health issues. Part of it was stress and all, part of it is from this infusion for osteoporosis/osteoporosis prevention. She used to take these once weekly or once monthly pills, but then her bone doc sprang this new (and quite expensive) infusion on her without warning, and now...

...health problems. She has to see a nephrologist. Her b-12 levels are low, despite monthly shots and oral supplementation. Her D levels are low.

She has a bunch of tests and blood work coming up, and I ask that you all please pray for her and her family. Her kids seem pretty much solid, but she has one wayward grand daughter and one grand daughter who had a stroke at age 24 because of some medication she'd been prescribed. Lots of stress for Verna.

So...yeah...please pray :)

Back