Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Please prayer for me, I need urgent help and advice

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Lately, I've had some bad thoughts and dreams that question God, and my faith. I went against God and have thought that he's not real. I never wanted to believe in that way. Sometimes, bad thoughts come in, and I don't know why I'm thinking those. I don't want to think those, and yet for some reason I still do. I've prayed for forgiveness over and over, and I hope that God hasn't given up on me. I feel so lost. Is it me, or is it Satan trying to pull me away? I have been a Christian for a long time, and the last thing I want is to turn away from God. I was crying for hurting God, and I thought: how could I be so blind? Thank you in advance for any advice you can offer me.

Hi warriorforJesus5,

I saw that you posted this yesterday, and felt that I should say something, though I have to ask you to forgive me because I'm pretty tired. What I suggest is acknowledge all the blackness that you see or are suspicious of in your heart. Examine yourself by going through the Ten Commandments. And when you feel the weight of your sin bringing you to despair, don't allow yourself to dismiss it until you have put your faith and trust in Jesus. One of the things we do best is bribe our consciences, by one means or another. We say, 'I didn't do anything that bad,' or 'God will forgive me,' and all the while there is no repentance. We must allow only the blood of Jesus to satisfy our conscience. If God was satisfied with the blood of Jesus, then we should be satisfied with the blood of Jesus as well. I think this is hard work, but I don't think anyone will progress in their sanctification if they take their eye off of Jesus. I think there is two challenges: looking at your sins, and believing that Jesus is willing with joy to forgive you. Pray often and intentionally. I'm preaching to myself now warriorforJesus5. I think this would be helpful to both of us.

Trust Jesus,

- Davies

Our God is graceful God..
He said - your sins I remembered no more...
We are not under Law but under His Grace when Jesus died on the cross for us.

He is with you all the time....

Amen

Dear warriorforJesus5, your grief over such thinking is not uncommon when we enter into the battle for God's best. I present to you the following link containing a very short excerpt example that John Bunyan wrote of in his book "Pilgrim's Progress" in 1678.

http://www.christianforums.net/showthread.php?t=48209&p=731186#post731186

Dear Father, embrace this dear saint with Your love and assure them that You remain ever faithful to them which have given You their life for safekeeping. Help them to continue to stand against the attacks of our enemy and deliver them as victorious in all the ways that You lead them. Thank You Father and I ask these things in Jesus' name. Amen

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back